Brady was never as good as they say | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Brady was never as good as they say

testtubetimmy

Supreme Lord Emperor
Reaction score
In every game I watched Tom Brady play for the last few years, one thing has become increasingly evident.

This guy is not Peyton Manning.

In fact, I'd venture to say he's not a great quarterback at all.

He just has one heck of a team backing him up. And thats why the Patriots are so great. And they get to the superbowl. Because they dont have one or two or even three great players. They have a team of good players who work so well together.

Theres a reason Brady didnt go until the sixth round. He isnt amazing. He just fits perfectly into the system that BB has. The guy has all the time to throw in the world behind that line. He's got recievers who for some reason or another, always catch the god forsaken ball, the defense is tough as nails, and together, the team works. You put Brady behind our line or perhaps any other line in the NFL and I'll tell you what happens. Remember the MNF game when we beat them last year? Remember that HORRENDOUS throw he made that was intercepted at the end of the game? You get pressure on him, rattle him, and he turns into Jay Fiedler.

So where am I going with this? My point is, maybe Feeley and Frerotte arent great quarterbacks either. But maybe the teams who have won the superbowl the last few years havent had amazing quarterbacks, but amazing teams, that could work together. And the teams with quarterbacks we'd die for (Indianapolis, Philly, Atlanta, Minnesota, etc) always come up short. If Frerotte or Feeley fit into the system and our team works together like a well oiled machine, we will stomp our way to the top.

So this saturday, I hope that Saban doesnt go for Alex Smith, a guy I've been supporting for a long time. Because a Franchise QB like Dan Marino is always fun to root for. But how many SB's did we win?

Saban is serious, and I think he realizes that its the team, not the QB, that wins games.

Yeah, I agree and think we should go WR or RB.

Also, Brady sucked on SNL

Talking about Brady, he was HORRIBLE on SNL tonight. He is a terrible actor, plus when he sang in his monolouge I almost fell on the floor laughing at how bad he was. :lol:

Im sorry... But Brady is a great QB.. The guy is about as accurate as they come, and he has nerves of steel on the field... Stop hatin.

BTW, Brady is a better actor than Keanu Reeves.

SkapePhin said:
Im sorry... But Brady is a great QB.. The guy is about as accurate as they come, and he has nerves of steel on the field... Stop hatin.

My cat is a better actor then Keanu Reeves.

SkapePhin said:

Yeah, I'd have nerves of steel if I barely ever got sacked.

Ever notice the amount of time brady has to make a play? The line is monstrous.

And I'd definitly say the guy is good. Hell, hes got three rings to prove that. But his "greatness" is a product of how good the team is, not individual talent by any means.

also, my dog is a better actor then Keanu...still doesnt stop me from shelling out 8.50 to see Constantine...dang it.

EDIT: I wrote this before the cat comment. Which is very funny, in my opinion. Also, my dogs a better actor then your cat. He's SAG. :-D

SNL was indeed bad. Almost felt guilty for Tivo'ing it just so I could see. He is a Patsy after all.

As bad as that was though, you cannot sit here and the argument that he is not a great QB. What are you basing that on? Raw talent and physical attributes? If that was the case then Montana might have never been drafted. Brady has won 3 Super Bowls and been MVP in 2 of those. He constantly makes plays. Accurate passer. And did I mention he makes plays? Yeah he's on a great team, but you can't count that against him. He wins games for NE and as I said already, makes plays that win games.

I'd take him over any QB in the league right now. Period.

testtubetimmy said:
Yeah, I'd have nerves of steel if I barely ever got sacked.

Ever notice the amount of time brady has to make a play? The line is monstrous.

And I'd definitly say the guy is good. Hell, hes got three rings to prove that. But his "greatness" is a product of how good the team is, not individual talent by any means.

also, my dog is a better actor then Keanu...still doesnt stop me from shelling out 8.50 to see Constantine...dang it.

He is clutch, end of story.

And No QB achieves "Greatness" without a good supporting cast.. Joe Montana doesnt become JOE MONTANA if he spends his career in a Cardinals uniform..

SkapePhin said:

Agreed, good post. :up:

Every single member of this board would cheer brady if he was our qb.

SkapePhin said:
Yours too!???

:lol:
My cat is one crazy little bugger. She always is climbing on things and breaking things. She actually knows how to turn off my X-Box when I am playing if she wants my attention. :lol:

Here is my cat, Sasha:
Picture005-1.jpg

No Brady is a good QB. He's just not as you said Peyton Manning. Remember in 02? He played well with a pretty average supporting cast. He's even better now.

April Fools Day has already passed.

Brady is a good QB. Stop hating so much.

Nublar7 said:
My cat is one crazy little bugger. She always is climbing on things and breaking things. She actually knows how to turn off my X-Box when I am playing if she wants my attention. :lol:

Here is my cat, Sasha:
Picture005-1.jpg
:lol: Cool! She looks pissed off in that pic! :lol:

Back
Top Bottom