Brandon Meriweather | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Brandon Meriweather

brandon merriweather didnt he used to be on in living color back in the 80's. wasnt he the dude that did men of film with damon wayans you remember 3 snaps in a v formation
hmm...sarcasm so early in the morning? I believe that was David Alan Grier.

just wish he wasn't such a head case... but yeah they say he has been showing a lot at the senior bowl practices... and i saw that interview on miamidolphins.com i didn't think he sounded immature... just because they have a southern accent doesn't mean they are immature... he said the right things, gave some good praise to larry coker which surprised me... and basically said hed love to play for the dolphins without actually saying it...

but i personally wouldn't use a 2nd on him because of the off the field issues, if some miraculous way he slips to the 3rd, id take him

Yeah it is a joke.

1. LaRon Landry
2. Reggie Nelson
3. ? It may be Brandon, but I'm not sure yet. He isn't really a ballhawk. I've seen him blow coverages on many plays this season, and that could be a problem. The comparisms to Ed Reed are way off, only thing they have in common is coming from the same University, which doesn't mean crap.

Yeah it is a joke.

1. LaRon Landry
2. Reggie Nelson
3. ? It may be Brandon, but I'm not sure yet. He isn't really a ballhawk. I've seen him blow coverages on many plays this season, and that could be a problem. The comparisms to Ed Reed are way off, only thing they have in common is coming from the same University, which doesn't mean crap.

IMO

1a. Nelson
1b. Landry

Then the rest, like Meriweather and Griffin.

Can't go wrong with Landry or Nelson.

Yeah it is a joke.

1. LaRon Landry
2. Reggie Nelson

What makes you rank Landry above Nelson?

Yeah it is a joke.

1. LaRon Landry
2. Reggie Nelson

Thats not true he gets his hands on a lot of balls, a real game changer.

His stock has slipped a lot because of this 'head case' perception, but he isnt really that bad at all in that sense. He may still be there in say the third or fourth round, and at that point he may possess the most value.

merriweather is the real deal. before the brawl he was regarded as the next in line after reed and taylor. this kid can do it all. i dont care if he stomped some punk out.

merriweather is the real deal. before the brawl he was regarded as the next in line after reed and taylor. this kid can do it all. i dont care if he stomped some punk out.

The brawl didn't really have anything to do with it IMO. I mean yeah the character concerns are there but he was hyped up alot going into the season and had an average year. Don't see the Ed Reed comparison at all. Would definitely rank him behind Nelson and Landry, but I could see him going in the 2nd. He may just need a change of scenery.

I'm an FSU fan, and I still love Meriweather. After watching NFL Network, I was increasingly impressed with him. I think that he was an integral part of the fight with FIU, so character concerns might let him slip. It's always a tossup when character concerns cause a guy to fall. Channing turned out okay, but a guy like Chris Henry is still having problems.

What makes you rank Landry above Nelson?
Only reason why Landry hasn't declared last year is because he wanted his stock to be as high as possible, and didn't want to compete with Michael Huff, even though some had Landry as the better prospect anyways.

Landry is physically built and has been physically built for the NFL for 2 years now. The guy is a monster, he's a man amongst kids in college. I don't even like LSU, I'm an Auburn fan, but that guy is a BEAST. A tackling machine, really fast, pretty good in coverage, and delivers lethal hits. Sometimes I wonder how some of the players he hits don't end up hospitalized.

He's the most ready and polished Safety in the draft, and will be ready to contribute in Day 1 if he's free of injury after training camp.

If it wasn't for us drafting Jason Allen last season, I would be all over this guy. But Jason is going to be a good safety, though Landry will be great IMO. We have other needs though, and that's from the offensive side of the ball.

Only reason why Landry hasn't declared last year is because he wanted his stock to be as high as possible, and didn't want to compete with Michael Huff, even though some had Landry as the better prospect anyways.

Landry is physically built and has been physically built for the NFL for 2 years now. The guy is a monster, he's a man amongst kids in college. I don't even like LSU, I'm an Auburn fan, but that guy is a BEAST. A tackling machine, really fast, pretty good in coverage, and delivers lethal hits. Sometimes I wonder how some of the players he hits don't end up hospitalized.

He's the most ready and polished Safety in the draft, and will be ready to contribute in Day 1 if he's free of injury after training camp.

If it wasn't for us drafting Jason Allen last season, I would be all over this guy. But Jason is going to be a good safety, though Landry will be great IMO. We have other needs though, and that's from the offensive side of the ball.

All those things could be said about Nelson as well. :wink:

Nelson definitely outplayed Landry this season and was well known for his big hits. That said Landry is a stud for sure and would love to have either one on my team.

Nelson is good, but he isn't as polished as Landry yet. IMO, he should have stayed another season, but I guess he didn't want to be in a rebuilding year for Florida, where so many have declared and many seniors are leaving as well.

I got Nelson landing to the Patriots. Patriots have 2 1st round picks, they may make a move by trading a 1st and 2nd to pick up this guy. We know how much Bill likes his Gators.

Nelson is good, but he isn't as polished as Landry yet. IMO, he should have stayed another season, but I guess he didn't want to be in a rebuilding year for Florida, where so many have declared and many seniors are leaving as well.

I got Nelson landing to the Patriots. Patriots have 2 1st round picks, they may make a move by trading a 1st and 2nd to pick up this guy. We know how much Bill likes his Gators.

:tantrum:

Oh man I hope not. That would be a nightmare. He's one of those guys that I will be a fan off no matter where he ends up but please not anywhere else in the AFC East.

I was really hoping he would have stayed another year at Florida as well. But just cause I'm greedy and I love watching him play. :D I think he has a better nose for the ball than Landry but they are both very physical safeties.

Back
Top Bottom