Brandon Meriweather | Page 3 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Brandon Meriweather

All those things could be said about Nelson as well. :wink:

Nelson definitely outplayed Landry this season and was well known for his big hits. That said Landry is a stud for sure and would love to have either one on my team.
But Nelson really only played ONE good year for the Gators, where as Landry's been a stud FOUR years for LSU's Defense. Landry's a sure thing. More so then nelson.

Nelson is good, but he isn't as polished as Landry yet. IMO, he should have stayed another season, but I guess he didn't want to be in a rebuilding year for Florida, where so many have declared and many seniors are leaving as well.

I got Nelson landing to the Patriots. Patriots have 2 1st round picks, they may make a move by trading a 1st and 2nd to pick up this guy. We know how much Bill likes his Gators.

As for your 1st post, I agree with Motion in that all the same things could be said about Nelson. As for him staying another season...why? He was a consensus All-American and a national champion. Nowhere to go from there.

If you want to say Landry rates higher because he has produced for longer, then I'm fine with that, although I will disagree with that reasoning. Nelson outplayed Landry this year, and I expect he has more room for growth than Landry does, because like some have said, Nelson is still a bit raw. So Nelson is already playing at a higher level, and has more room for growth.

Now if you are worried about year one in the league and year one only, I would not be surprised if Landry outplayed Nelson. However, when drafting players, I believe in drafting for the long-term, and I think Nelson will be better in that time frame.

I still believe Landry will be a fine player as well.

Brandon Meriweather is going to be a very good FS in the NFL. He is following in the footsteps of Reed & Taylor. He has good speed & good size, but i don't think the Dolphins will pick him only because we already have Allen. Some of you don't like Allen, but i still believe he can be a very good FS. Maybe our coaches will see it differently & pick Meriweather. Either way, he is going to make a huge impact on whatever team picks him.

Even though i am a diehard U fan, LaRon Landry seems to me as the best FS in the draft. He's faster than Meriweather & a little taller, but it's his knack for always being around the ball that gives him the upper hand in my opinion.

My knocks about Brandon are as follows:
Character
Positioning

The rest, hes got. He has footspeed, he has ok hands, he understands coverages. But the 2 flaws I listed I think will drop him further then he deserves to be dropped. I think he should be there in the 3rd or 4th round because of those concerns plus the fact that this is a good and deep safety draft. There's 3 guys, Landry, Nelson, and Griffin, with close to or equal talent and none have the character issue.

:tantrum:

Oh man I hope not. That would be a nightmare. He's one of those guys that I will be a fan off no matter where he ends up but please not anywhere else in the AFC East.

I was really hoping he would have stayed another year at Florida as well. But just cause I'm greedy and I love watching him play. :D I think he has a better nose for the ball than Landry but they are both very physical safeties.
Hey I was a big Chad Jackson fan, but I hate the Gators, and I don't like the Patriots. I wanted him in Miami, I was all for drafting him.

But Nelson really only played ONE good year for the Gators, where as Landry's been a stud FOUR years for LSU's Defense. Landry's a sure thing. More so then nelson.

Thats cause he was only there 2 years. He was a JuCo transfer. He made some big plays his first year but didn't start the whole year. I see where your coming from though. Like I said, can't go wrong with either of them IMO.

Thats cause he was only there 2 years. He was a JuCo transfer. He made some big plays his first year but didn't start the whole year. I see where your coming from though. Like I said, can't go wrong with either of them IMO.

All I know is if we drafted either Nelson or Landry at 9, I would be happy. Even getting Merriweather in the 2nd round, I would probably be happy with that draft, depending on who we got int he 1st. As it looks right now, the best players available at 9 might be(in no order): Adams, Okoye, Brown, Landry, and Nelson. I would be ecstatic with any of those 5.

Only reason why Landry hasn't declared last year is because he wanted his stock to be as high as possible, and didn't want to compete with Michael Huff, even though some had Landry as the better prospect anyways.

Landry is physically built and has been physically built for the NFL for 2 years now. The guy is a monster, he's a man amongst kids in college. I don't even like LSU, I'm an Auburn fan, but that guy is a BEAST. A tackling machine, really fast, pretty good in coverage, and delivers lethal hits. Sometimes I wonder how some of the players he hits don't end up hospitalized.

He's the most ready and polished Safety in the draft, and will be ready to contribute in Day 1 if he's free of injury after training camp.

If it wasn't for us drafting Jason Allen last season, I would be all over this guy. But Jason is going to be a good safety, though Landry will be great IMO. We have other needs though, and that's from the offensive side of the ball.

forget allen he is totally lost...i want nothing 2 do with him..trade his butt outta here i know that wont happen but he has bust written all over him

the only reason we draft saftey is BPA..thats it, its not a position of priority.

whether some like it or not, we have to see what Allen has and Hill was our most consistent secondary player...

based on bells play this year, he should be signed to a 1-3 year deal....

we should not be talkin S for this years draft.

Back
Top Bottom