Braylon Edwards @ #2… | Page 3 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Braylon Edwards @ #2…

jjizzim said:
Tom Brady was a sixth round pick. And Akili smith was a first.

You dont see those kind of things very often.

svnrdr said:
Well, I don't agree with the comparison with Ryan Leaf he is only comparible with a turd.

PhinDude, I do agree with them being good QBs, but NOT worthy of a #2 pick.

We can just agree to disagree...:)

I agree to that :wink:

If we stay at #2 I wouldn't have a problem with us drafting...

Ronnie Brown
Alex Smith
Aaron Rodgers
Braylon Edwards

Any of these guys would improve the team IMO.

PhinDude88 said:
I do agree on giving Feeley a chance, but you cant pass on a franchise QB.

Niether of the two are can't miss talents, personally I see the top three RBs or top two WRs as a less dangerous picks, then taking one of the two QBs. If we were to take one of the two, there is no way he could start right away (Unless you want to screw him up), he would need a year to learn, while with one of the RBs, or WRs you could bring into the offense right away (Slowly as a backup or starter). If we were loaded on offense, and had Feeley, then I think getting one of the 2 QBs would be the best move, but we need help at RB, WR, O-line, as well as QB, so we need to be thinking about now, not on a pick that will help us in 2-3 years.

finsfan4life said:
If we stay at #2 I wouldn't have a problem with us drafting...

Ronnie Brown
Alex Smith
Aaron Rodgers
Braylon Edwards

Any of these guys would improve the team IMO.

I would also not have a problem with those 4, but if we were to take one of the QBs, do not expect to see much if any of him this year. If this team does it the right way, you are not going to throw a Rookie QB into the Fire right away, you need to give him at least one year to learn. QB is a very tough position to learn, and if you bring him in too early, you will risk ruining his confidence forever.

PhinDude88 said:
You dont see those kind of things very often.

Sure you do.

1. Ryan Leaf (1st overall) bust
2. Carson Palmer (not a bust. but has not lived up to the hype)
3. Akili Smith ( 1st rd) bust
4. Heath Suler (3rd Overall) bust
5. Kelly stouffer (6th Overall) bust
6. Andre Ware (7th overall) bust
7. Jim Druckenmiller (26th Overall)
8. Davis Klinger ( 6th Overall)

1. Tom Brady (6th tound)
2. MArk Brunell (164th Overall)
3. Jake Delhome ( not sure but was not a first rounder)
4. Brett Farve (not sure what round)
5. Rich Gannon ( not sure but not 1st round)
6. Jeff Garcia (not sure but not 1st round)

My point is that just because you are considerd a 1st round pick does not mean that you're going to better than someone picked in later rounds. you never know

tay0365 said:
Niether of the two are can't miss talents, personally I see the top three RBs or top two WRs as a less dangerous picks, then taking one of the two QBs. If we were to take one of the two, there is no way he could start right away (Unless you want to screw him up), he would need a year to learn, while with one of the RBs, or WRs you could bring into the offense right away (Slowly as a backup or starter). If we were loaded on offense, and had Feeley, then I think getting one of the 2 QBs would be the best move, but we need help at RB, WR, O-line, as well as QB, so we need to be thinking about now, not on a pick that will help us in 2-3 years.

Amen brother

Sure you do.

1. Ryan Leaf (1st overall) bust
2. Carson Palmer (not a bust. but has not lived up to the hype)
3. Akili Smith ( 1st rd) bust
4. Heath Suler (3rd Overall) bust
5. Kelly stouffer (6th Overall) bust
6. Andre Ware (7th overall) bust
7. Jim Druckenmiller (26th Overall)
8. Davis Klinger ( 6th Overall)

1. Tom Brady (6th tound)
2. MArk Brunell (164th Overall)
3. Jake Delhome ( not sure but was not a first rounder)
4. Brett Farve (not sure what round)
5. Rich Gannon ( not sure but not 1st round)
6. Jeff Garcia (not sure but not 1st round)

My point is that just because you are considerd a 1st round pick does not mean that you're going to better than someone picked in later rounds. you never know

yeah that!!!!!

svnrdr said:
OK, hear me out…arguably; he is the best player in the draft. Scott Linehan’s offense seems to be a pass to set up the run system. Yes, he had Randy Moss, but imagine us with Chambers and Edwards lined up on each side.

IMO, our running game with a decent back, not great back would prosper from the passing game…That combined with Hudson Houck’s offensive line prowess that could be the building of a formidable offense for years to come.

I've said this before as well. IF we stay at #2, and I am assuming that Saban is not enamored with the top 2 QBs, Edwards would be an offensive stalwart with Chambers years to come...It kind of makes sense, as you said, Linehan is adept at utilizing a RB-by-committee. A 3rd round choice of Barber or Morency or Arrington would compliment Gordon and Morris very well in his offensive scheme.

The thing I keep thinking about is that whomever he selects, we can't be too dissapointed...after all, there are ?? about Feeley (although, I'm still a supporter at this point) so QB could be an option. There is ??s about our RB situation. There is ??s about WR, DL, Safety, CB (assumes PS is traded, otherwise no issue there), Heck, even PK and punter could be upgraded...

THOMAS_54 said:
I don't get it, we have Chambers, Booker and possibily Ike Hilliard. We have starting recievers, we don't have a starting RB, we need a RB way more than a WR!!!!!

We need a playmaker

i could deal with braylon at #2, but think Mike Williams at say #7 would be much better. if we can make a trade happen. With that said, braylon is the most "sure thing" in the draft. For those of you knocking edwards, you may be forgetting he played with a freshman rb AND qb his senior year and still had huge numbers.

One thing we DO know...Saban wants to build through the draft, and who better to take than 1. best player available, and 2. a guy who will fit in with the system that Linehan runs. Our passing game then cannot be overlooked by defenses which makes our running game better...

I REALLY think the KEY guy in all of this is Hudson Houck and his SYSTEM that makes O-lines better...

I don't want a quick fix that will fall apart after a year or two...LONG term success will begin with BPA...Even if it is not Edwards although it is obvious that is my choice.

I watched "Favre 4 Ever" on NFL Network, (huge show by the way) I think he was a 2nd rounder. As for Palmer, the jury is still out on him.

Back
Top Bottom