Braylon Edwards: Is he another Me-First WR? | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Braylon Edwards: Is he another Me-First WR?

SkapePhin

☠️ Banned ☠️
Reaction score
With the latest news of both TO and Keyshawn Johnson wanting new contracts after signing big ones just last year, would Braylon Edwards be the same type of player? It seems these types of issues occur with WRs most frequently, and quite frankly, I dont think the team needs that type of headache. Chambers is the type of WR we need, productive, talented, humble.

So, anyone that has followed him, would he be a TO type of player?

This has also be running through my mind. If we do draft him. i hope he will be a team first kind of guy.

I'm not sure there's any way to really be able to tell. You can't gather an assumption from College, cuz he never made a dime in college, and while you could get a clue one way or another if he was the type that whined about getting the ball thrown to him a lot or not, it still doesn't let you know what he'd do in the NFL cuz When it's money you're talking about a lot of people change their attitudes, and perspectives

PhinDude88 said:
This has also be running through my mind. If we do draft him. i hope he will be a team first kind of guy.

Don't worry - we won't draft him. We will be drafting Ronnie Brown. :cooldude:

phinz_fan said:
I hope your right, humble and hardworking.

I hate to say it, but the "me first" receivers tend to get the most out of their talent of late

Honestly, how many WR's out there are NOT "Me first" WR's? Other than Marvin Harrison or the Pats boys?

Joey 22 said:
Bryan Cox Rules!!!! Great avatar buddy.
Thanks. He was around when i started getting into the phins. I loved him because of his "heart and soul." He was my favorite phin, even more than Marino because he made the most of his not-exceptional physical talent.

LostInPatsLand said:
Thanks. He was around when i started getting into the phins. I loved him because of his "heart and soul." He was my favorite phin, even more than Marino because he made the most of his not-exceptional physical talent.
when i was in high school i always tried to wear my helmet backwards like cox did when i wasn't on the field but i could never get it to stay on it pissed me off so bad

Da 'Fins said:
Honestly, how many WR's out there are NOT "Me first" WR's? Other than Marvin Harrison or the Pats boys?

How was Jerry Rice and Tim Brown attitude during there good days?

Don't get me wrong I love chambers, but it is hard to be demanding when you havent put up #1 WR numbers. I know he's had crappy QB's but 1000 yds should have been obtainable one year at least.
Me first receivers are the wr playmakers. TO was worth everything he got paid. Keyshawn is a good possession receiver but isnt worth the money or the cancer in the lockeroom.

phinz_fan said:
I would draft Ronnie Brown with the second pick in the draft...you would have to be a moron to pass him up.

jnewmant said:
when i was in high school i always tried to wear my helmet backwards like cox did when i wasn't on the field but i could never get it to stay on it pissed me off so bad
Maybe you needed to wear a backboard like the one Cox had?!?

PhinDude88 said:
How was Jerry Rice and Tim Brown attitude during there good days?

Those days seem to be over.
But new guys like fitzgerald look to change that again. Maybe Edwards has this same different attitude.

Back
Top Bottom