Braylon Edwards on NFL Network | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Braylon Edwards on NFL Network

finfan54

Active Roster
Reaction score
Personal interview in the studio and they were talking about Minnesota and possibly going there. How the hell could Braylon end up in Minny at #7? Do the dolphins have something worked out? Does Minny plan on going up to get him? It sure looks like it! I think we could hear soon that we want Edwards, It is certainly what I would do and I would pick him at @ #2 if we stay there. comments?

We need a RB slightly more then we need a WR and I am starting to warm more up to Carnell Williams being our back rather then Benson or Brown but if Saban does not plan on a RB at #2 then how can you not take Braylon?????? He is the most talented guy out there IMO

dolfanrodney said:
We need a RB slightly more then we need a WR and I am starting to warm more up to Carnell Williams being our back rather then Benson or Brown but if Saban does not plan on a RB at #2 then how can you not take Braylon?????? He is the most talented guy out there IMO

I think People are overbearing on the needs thing. Whe you are picking #2, you do not take the need, you take the best guy you think is out there. Braylon Edwards is high on everyones board. MY point here is that this is our ticket to trade down and it seems that Minny could defenitely be a player here cus they seem to want Edwards really bad. They have 2 #1's.

Waterboy said:
If we do take Edwards do y'all think they would settle for Williams, Clayton or other?
well baring in mind that Troy Williamson is at the top of their draft board, the Vikings are not moving.

finfan54 said:
I think People are overbearing on the needs thing. Whe you are picking #2, you do not take the need, you take the best guy you think is out there. Braylon Edwards is high on everyones board. MY point here is that this is our ticket to trade down and it seems that Minny could defenitely be a player here cus they seem to want Edwards really bad. They have 2 #1's.

That is ridiculous thinking...IF we had a 26 yr old Marino, would there be ANY discussion about QB ?? Heck no !!

But, I will add this...This draft does not have the usual top 2 or 3 players that are head and shoulders above the rest as in most years. THere is a log-jam with about 6-8 players that are all on par with each other...Don't get me wrong, tremenous players, just not the sure-fire guys that are usually at the top of the draft boards. Our disadvantage is this...we need upgrades in several positions and only have 2 picks on day one...Normally, this would be ok, there'd be someone who needs one of the top 3 guys to trade with, but this year is different...I still think a trade will be made, but it won't be the blockbuster type trade of past years.

ummmmmmmmm, The Minny Vikings are checking out Braylon Edwards in depth and up close.

That is ridiculous thinking...IF we had a 26 yr old Marino, would there be ANY discussion about QB ?? Heck no !!

Actually it's not at all. This team isn't run by Wanny anymore so ya gotta get used to our FO preparing for future years, as apposed all or nothing this year. Just because we have some talent at WR right now.... it shouldn't stop us from choosing a guy like Braylon who can be a stud for 15 years. Also.... we don't have anyone who can compare to a 26 yr. old Marino. No position is that Secure. Also, even if we did have Marino, if we had a chance to take the most coveted QB everyone wanted.... would you prefer to pass him up and let everyone go after him, while you took a player with less value that fit a need... or would you take his rights and let the bidding begin?? VALUE,VALUE,VALUE. Drafting is all about doing whats best for the team. PERIOD

finfan54 said:
Personal interview in the studio and they were talking about Minnesota and possibly going there. How the hell could Braylon end up in Minny at #7? Do the dolphins have something worked out? Does Minny plan on going up to get him? It sure looks like it! I think we could hear soon that we want Edwards, It is certainly what I would do and I would pick him at @ #2 if we stay there. comments?

They were talking about it b/c Nate Burleson was on the show and said "how about coming to play with my team". There was no rumor speculation.

LarryFinFan said:

But, I will add this...This draft does not have the usual top 2 or 3 players that are head and shoulders above the rest as in most years. THere is a log-jam with about 6-8 players that are all on par with each other...Don't get me wrong, tremenous players, just not the sure-fire guys that are usually at the top of the draft boards. Our disadvantage is this...we need upgrades in several positions and only have 2 picks on day one...Normally, this would be ok, there'd be someone who needs one of the top 3 guys to trade with, but this year is different...I still think a trade will be made, but it won't be the blockbuster type trade of past years.

If you have a 26-yr old Dan Marino... you wouldn't be in position to selct at #2. He is right, when your team does as badly as ours did last year, nearly EVERY position is open for competition... especially when you have a new coaching staff that will be implementing a new style of play. You take the best rated player regardless of position.

finsnchips said:
well baring in mind that Troy Williamson is at the top of their draft board, the Vikings are not moving.

No offense, but how do you know this?

finfan54 said:

They would have to trade up for them and I think he, Minnesota, and everyone else knows that. They could also end up trading up for Mike Williams too. We would most likely be the trade partner... the video highlights alone show how good Braylon is... but he seemed like a pretty nice guy (though sucked up a little bit :D ).

Back
Top Bottom