Braylon Edwards? | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Braylon Edwards?

Ask some of the other NFL teams out there with mediocre quarterbacks how nice it is to have WRs that can catch anything thrown their way.. hardly a wasted pick.

ChambersWI said:
and what do you mean all the other Michigan wideouts?

Carter wasn't a bust, Streets was never a number 1 guy but wasn't a bust.

The only bust was Terrel, but that's because he was egotistical and refused to work hard for anything.

That lack of a work ethic and bad attitude was the same knock on Edwards until this year.

DonShula84 said:
That lack of a work ethic and bad attitude was the same knock on Edwards until this year.

being a Michigan fan I can tell you he was never as bad as DT. He worked hard just not to his full potential. This year he stepped it up more because he realized he had to be the leader of the team. DT would never be a leader.

Boomer said:
Comparing a player to past drafted players from the same school is ridiculous. It's like comparing farts to find the smelliest. (probably)

As for Edwards, what he's done is be consistent, which was the knock on him leading into his senior year and the main reason he stayed at Michigan.

Braylon is also a player that improved in each season. Early in his career, he had a rep of dropping the easy passes while catching the difficult ones. Over the last two years, Braylon has corrected his focus problem on the easier routes and rarely dropped a ball.

He is also a big game player. Check out his career stats against Ohio State.

With that said, I can't justify taking him with the 2nd pick. Wide receivers simply to impact the game enough.

You can't knock EDWARDS, who should be our pick at the current spot, for attending Michigan which has produced "busts" (whether they are in fact busts or not is irrelevant)... Its the same thing as knocking an intelligent, motivated kid from a high school in the slums because most of the kids there are into crimes and illegal activities... you cant define the man by his surroundings~

KB21 said:
Braylon is also a player that improved in each season. Early in his career, he had a rep of dropping the easy passes while catching the difficult ones. Over the last two years, Braylon has corrected his focus problem on the easier routes and rarely dropped a ball.

With that said, I can't justify taking him with the 2nd pick. Wide receivers simply to impact the game enough.

I can agree...Edwards will be the best Wolverine WR we have seen yet.

KB21 said:

It depends what you believe from Saban's mouth, but if he is going BPA at 2, then Edwards has to be about as close as it gets and when you look at the TB by committee element run by Linehan in Minnesota, then it could be that they look at a back in 3.

Aqua and Orange said:
Braylon could be good, but WR is such a risky proposition at number 2. I'd rather address our RB and QB difficulties.

EVERY position is equally as risking at #2. History doesn't lie, plenty of busts to go around at each position.

Boomer said:
Comparing a player to past drafted players from the same school is ridiculous.

I sort of disagree a little bit here. If they're similar positions, it might be something with the system. Look at Tedford... he's had four top-6 QBs (and one top-twenty) and there's only one that looks like he'll pan out in any way. Granted QB is always a risky venture, but sometimes systems make players work.

If a coach surrounds his QB with great talent and just wants a guy who's smart with the football and can dump it off, he's going to have a Jason White.

It's not a great way to evaluate players, but in limited cases, it works.

infiltrateib said:
I sort of disagree a little bit here. If they're similar positions, it might be something with the system. Look at Tedford... he's had four top-6 QBs (and one top-twenty) and there's only one that looks like he'll pan out in any way. Granted QB is always a risky venture, but sometimes systems make players work.

If a coach surrounds his QB with great talent and just wants a guy who's smart with the football and can dump it off, he's going to have a Jason White.

It's not a great way to evaluate players, but in limited cases, it works.

I agree, QB's are different, but other skill position players are much harder.

I think Edwards is going to Detroit at the 2nd pick....and the Dolphins get their player and picks.

Lions | Michigan's Edwards Would Love to Play In Detroit
Sat, 9 Apr 2005 08:48:08 -0700

Updating a previous report, Curt Sylvester, of the Detroit Free Press, reports Michigan WR Braylon Edwards could not hide his enthusiasm when the possibility of playing for his hometown Detroit Lions arose during a pre-draft visit with the team Friday, April 8. "I'm from Detroit, played at Michigan," Edwards said. "So if I went to Detroit, that would be right up my alley, right down the street. If I play here in front of my hometown, there would be a lot of support and it would be a lot of fun." However, barring a trade, it is highly unlikely Edwards would slip to the Lions, who hold the No. 10 overall selection in the draft.

I just dont see why the Lions would trade up for Braylon. Their last 2 first-round picks were both WRs (Rogers and Williams) and they both make large amounts of money. If they wanted to invest that much $ in 1 position, however....Rogers, Williams and Edwards would be the most talented 3WR set I've ever seen, and if Rogers can stay healthy it'd be an absolutely terrifying offense to face.

A&MPhin84 said:
I just dont see why the Lions would trade up for Braylon. Their last 2 first-round picks were both WRs (Rogers and Williams) and they both make large amounts of money. If they wanted to invest that much $ in 1 position, however....Rogers, Williams and Edwards would be the most talented 3WR set I've ever seen, and if Rogers can stay healthy it'd be an absolutely terrifying offense to face.

Rodgers is a medical bust...and the Lions have just about had enough...thats why Edwards would fit with them. I guessing they'll either re-work his conract or eat it....but don't be surprised if he's not with them....after the draft.

fishypete said:
I think Edwards is going to Detroit at the 2nd pick....and the Dolphins get their player and picks.

Lions | Michigan's Edwards Would Love to Play In Detroit
Sat, 9 Apr 2005 08:48:08 -0700

Updating a previous report, Curt Sylvester, of the Detroit Free Press, reports Michigan WR Braylon Edwards could not hide his enthusiasm when the possibility of playing for his hometown Detroit Lions arose during a pre-draft visit with the team Friday, April 8. "I'm from Detroit, played at Michigan," Edwards said. "So if I went to Detroit, that would be right up my alley, right down the street. If I play here in front of my hometown, there would be a lot of support and it would be a lot of fun." However, barring a trade, it is highly unlikely Edwards would slip to the Lions, who hold the No. 10 overall selection in the draft.

Of course Braylon wants to play for Detroit. He went to Michigan!!! I doubt they'll yake him though Rogers and Williams are both gonna be good.

Back
Top Bottom