Braylon Edwards | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Braylon Edwards

Boik, I like your draft idea personally. Well, the trade downs. Whether it would happer or not is yet to be seen.

I would change a couple of your picks but other then that it looks good.

If people think that Carter and Holliday are longterm solutions to our D-line then they need to rethink it.

I personally want Mike Williams at #2. If we trade down into the teens as you stated I would like to get Rolle, Clayton, James or Davis. Anyone of them will be fine in my eyes.

If we stay top 5 then definitely offense. If we trade down out of the top 8 then I most certainly think we should address defense. Unless Clayton is still on the board. We can get good RB'S Arrington and Barber in the 2nd. W can get solid QB'S Frye and Campbell in the 2nd. So there is no need to jump the gun if we don't have to in picking them up at #2.

I'm not sure about those positional changes

How can we count on David Bowens at OLB? He had a severe injury that limited his quickness and mobility for DE, and now you want to expose him in space? Plus his frame screams of DE. I'm not buying it.

Also, I hoped Kevin Carter would be a fulltime DT. As mentioned, he played there last year for Tennessee, based on the games I saw. But Carter was quoted several weeks ago he would be a DE for us other than shifting inside on passing downs. He said the coaching staff asked for his preference and he chose DE.

What was this thread about, anyway? I think Braylon Edwards. To me, he's the toughest guy to figure, by far. I wouldn't be shocked at Hall of Fame or perennial disappointment.

060693 said:
The more I think about this draft if we can not trade down, we are going to take the afore mentioned, Braylon Edwards. I think with him and chambers, mcmichael, marty booker, you are talikng about a pretty explosive offense, that are going to put alot of teams in passing situations just to catch up, and that will play into our defensive strengths. However, its only a thought, I am just trying to justify all the possibilities that may happen. I think if we can trade surtain the draft will look alot more clear.

This could very well come to pass (pardon the pun)...The issue is do we really have a QB with the ability to reach those other offensive weapons...I believe we do (but that is IMHO). One thing about Edwards is that he would instantly become the #1 reciever we need and Chambers would be best suited to be the #2 guy, and would benefit quite a bit from having someone else to double cover opposite him. The problem is that still leaves a gaping hole in our RB situation, a hole in our safety position, and a hole in our interior DL, hole/holes in our OL, and a possible hole in our QB situation...We just have so many holes to fill in, that the #2 and the #70 just won't get it done.

Boik14 said:
If you learned to read you would see that I suggested trading down 2x all the way to the late teens to get James.

The spots we need help on offense are at Qb and RB. Neither qb is worth a #2 and RB is a position of great depth in this draft so trading down makes more sense. Wr is the 1 spot on offense we're ok at and you want to take more Brilliant dude. Spurrier would love you.

And FYI - D Bowens is going to be playing more at LB where he played in college, Carter played DT not DE for Tennessee last year, and Holliday stinks. He just got cut from 1 of the 3 worst defensive teams in the league! What does that tell you?

I didnt realize the spelling mistake til you pointed it out. Its a damn typo, get over it.

First of all making a mock draft based on a hypothetical trade down scenorio is stupid. I mean really, what is the point of making up some fantasy situation that we aren't even involved in.

At #2, which is where your draft should start, you take the BPA. That just so happens to be a WR. Our WR corp is not strong enough to necessitate a rejection of this fact. Chambers has yet to break 1000 yards, and if he goes down, who do we have? Ya, we're real straight on WR.

ABrownLamp said:
First of all making a mock draft based on a hypothetical trade down scenorio is stupid. I mean really, what is the point of making up some fantasy situation that we aren't even involved in.

At #2, which is where your draft should start, you take the BPA. That just so happens to be a WR. Our WR corp is not strong enough to necessitate a rejection of this fact. Chambers has yet to break 1000 yards, and if he goes down, who do we have? Ya, we're real straight on WR.
I did it that way because theres no one i want at 2. I think the value there is awful and god help me if we draft braylon aka david terrell jr. Id rather have no one then him.

Our problems at wr are cause we dont have a qb that can get Chambers the ball downfield. When we have done so thats when he has had big games and our offense looks better. Either way wasting a top 5 pick at wr on a player who wouldnt even start right away is absolutely f-cking assinine.

DonShula84 said:
How many threads do we need with people saying I think so and so should be our pick? Just add it to one of the 5 other Edwards threads

yeah we cant make Shula jealouse now since we have known for months how much he wants Ronnie. :lol:

Boik14 said:
!!!!

By the way, youre getting smoked in the fantasy basketball semis by dev. :roflmao: I pulled ahead of AJ tonight :D

No offense...but thats one of the worst mock drafts I've seen...IMHO.

fishypete said:
No offense...but thats one of the worst mock drafts I've seen...IMHO.
I agree with Pete. That mock is horrible. Also, you bash Braylon Edwards but yet you have in your mock Crap Thorpe going in the second. He'll be lucky to go in the 5th.

Boik14 said:
I did it that way because theres no one i want at 2. I think the value there is awful and god help me if we draft braylon aka david terrell jr. Id rather have no one then him.

Our problems at wr are cause we dont have a qb that can get Chambers the ball downfield. When we have done so thats when he has had big games and our offense looks better. Either way wasting a top 5 pick at wr on a player who wouldnt even start right away is absolutely f-cking assinine.

Oh so you make mock drafts based on a Boik14 fantasy world. Well my mock draft will have us give our fifth to SF to take the #1 overall, and then use that #1 to give to the Chargers for their two first and their second and then...you know what, it's just easier to call you stupid.

As far as Chambers goes, let's face it, the guy has a lot of difficulty getting open when he's covered by a good DB. That's obvious. Whther he would flourish with a good QB is speculation. You say that the reason he hasn't done well is cause we don't have a good QB, and then you start taking about specific games where he has done well...well which is it, is it certain games or is it the QB? I beleive it is certain games.

And I'm sorry is there some reason you think that Braylon Edwards wouldn't start right away? Don't be one of those morons that says if they come from Michigan and they are WRs, then there is no way they will do well in the NFL. I hope you understand how stupid a statement like that is.

ABrownLamp said:
Don't be one of those morons that says if they come from Michigan and they are WRs, then there is no way they will do well in the NFL. I hope you understand how stupid a statement like that is.

Its not so much stupid, as it is just plain irrational.

I'm also starting to think that Braylon Edwards will be a Dolphin on draft day. Ronnie Brown is the kind of versatile back that would do well in Linehan's offense, but in the end I do think Saban prefers WRs to RBs, and while Braylon is making a heavy case for being the most talented player in the draft period, nobody is saying that Ronnie Brown is the most talented player in the draft.

I would still like Aaron Rodgers, I think he makes the most sense for this offense because he's got the biggest arm between him and Alex Smith, and this offense most certainly makes good use of big strong arms. But, Saban may want to stay away from the whole QB issue in his first year.

So, in the end, I think we either trade down, or draft Braylon Edwards. Edwards would be a 3rd WR for us, much like Chambers was in his rookie year, and he'd get to use that superior athleticism to make huge plays downfield...try and return a little explosion to our team. I still think trading down is a first option, and I do favor that because Saban's knowledge of the college players will only last about one to three years before he's evaluating them just like everyone else. It would be beneficial if he had enough picks to revamp the team completely in his first two years.

Back
Top Bottom