Brazilian fans behead soccer ref on the field | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Brazilian fans behead soccer ref on the field

Roman529

Moon Runner / The 3 AM Crew
Reaction score
This is the craziest thing I have ever heard of. Just sickening. Although he should not have pulled a knife on a player. I love how they say a soccer match in Brazil ended badly. Holy SH*T.

http://www.webpronews.com/decapitated-referee-soccer-ref-beheaded-in-brazil-2013-07

A soccer match in Brazil has ended badly.
Long story short: A referee flags a player; player gets ticked off and fights the referee; the referee breaks out a knife and stabs the player in self-defense; the player dies; the fans storm the field, decapitate the referee, and stake his head at mid-field.

I read this story yesterday, and I couldn't believe it. That had so be some insane **** to witness/take part in, and I don't mean that in a good way.

I read this story yesterday, and I couldn't believe it. That had so be some insane **** to witness/take part in, and I don't mean that in a good way.

How can they allow fans to bring rocks and knives into the stadium? I watched a show about Brazilian soccer fans and they have gangs that control things inside and outside the stadiums, and the police just kind of look the other way, because they fear these gangs. The same thing happens in the prisons over there. It's crazy. I wonder if they will be able to have the Olympics and World Cup with all the crime, corruption, murders and other issues they have in Brazil.

How can they allow fans to bring rocks and knives into the stadium? I watched a show about Brazilian soccer fans and they have gangs that control things inside and outside the stadiums, and the police just kind of look the other way, because they fear these gangs. The same thing happens in the prisons over there. It's crazy. I wonder if they will be able to have the Olympics and World Cup with all the crime, corruption, murders and other issues they have in Brazil.
I'm sure they'll have a better handle by then, but this is still crazy. Everything isn't the same in other countries. There's no chance of coming close to what those people in stadiums/arenas here.

I'm sure they'll have a better handle by then, but this is still crazy. Everything isn't the same in other countries. There's no chance of coming close to what those people in stadiums/arenas here.

These people in Brazil treat their soccer teams like a religion. I remember some soccer player was murdered for kicking the ball into his own team's goal by mistake. I think that may have been a Columbian guy? They also have some serious rioting at these games.

These people in Brazil treat their soccer teams like a religion. I remember some soccer player was murdered for kicking the ball into his own team's goal by mistake. I think that may have been a Columbian guy? They also have some serious rioting at these games.
His name is escaping me, but I remember ESPN did a 30 for 30 on that. Pretty crazy stuff.

i actually attended a soccer match in Medellin Columbia . The rich people and tourist have a special section that has armed police protection..The referees enter and exit protected by police with riot shields. Half the stadium was waving red flags for Bogota and the hometown waved green flags. About every 10 mins there were huge fights involving dozens of fans all still waving their flags.
They served shots of a local drink called aqwa deenta which is hard liquor so everyone is drunk and ready to fight at the first bad call. Things got pretty violent so we bailed before the end.
Most of the people are poor and have nothing so soccer is their way to express their discontent. Life is cheap to say the less.

As far as i know no one was killed but i was glad we left because the home town lost

I mean the guy fatally stabbed the player. a Life for a Life. makes sense, now the way they did it... No bueno

His name is escaping me, but I remember ESPN did a 30 for 30 on that. Pretty crazy stuff.

That episode is called 'The Two Escobars' and the name of the player that was murdered is Andres Escobar. That one is my second favorite 30 for 30, after the Ricky Williams of course.

Did any of you guys manage to find a video? Supposedly there is an uncensored video of the whole beheading. Brazil is going to have to call in their whole army to protect outsiders at the World Cup and Olympics, if something like this were to happen at one of those events.

I heard about this story last week. I have family in Brazil, including my dad, and I inquired about this story and not one of them heard about it.

Either the Brazilian media hasn't reported on this story (which is odd because they love showing gruesome **** on the news) or this story isn't legit.

What was the original source on this story?

Who did the ref think he was, Reggie Jackson from The Naked Gun? Why the hell did he have a knife? If it was to protect himself then it's the worst job ever.

Back
Top Bottom