Breaking Down The Contenders In Dolphins' Te Competition | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Breaking Down The Contenders In Dolphins' Te Competition

DKphin

Club Member
Reaction score
usatsi_11147943.jpg

The tight end position has left the Miami Dolphins baffled for years; not since Charles Clay from 2011-2014 have they had someone who could reliably hold down the fort, and it hasn’t been for a lack of trying.

https://dolphinswire.usatoday.com/2...wn-the-contenders-in-dolphins-te-competition/

Gesicki is not a tight end..just because someone is his size, doesn’t mean he should be considered such, he’s the absolute worst blocker I’ve seen come into the league at that position..so in what sense should I consider him to anything but a large wide receiver..

He cannot be put in situations on the LOS that a real tight end could..you simply cannot jeopardize him, the play or his teammates...so I don’t understand the need to categorize this young man as such..

Looks to like more accountability in that position. Remembering how NE uses the position, flexibility and consistency will determine who plays. It's been like our Guard position, a waste of money for negative production.

Gesicki is not a tight end..just because someone is his size, doesn’t mean he should be considered such, he’s the absolute worst blocker I’ve seen come into the league at that position..so in what sense should I consider him to anything but a large wide receiver..

He cannot be put in situations on the LOS that a real tight end could..you simply cannot jeopardize him, the play or his teammates...so I don’t understand the need to categorize this young man as such..

He is what Flores says he is. We shall see

He is what Flores says he is. We shall see
He’s a 2nd round pick that won’t be starting this year, they went out and got someone they could rely on in Allen..

Tells me what he thinks at this point.

He’s a 2nd round pick that won’t be starting this year, they went out and got someone they could rely on in Allen..

Tells me what he thinks at this point.

Prior to camp though. I still have hope Gesicki can develop into something better than what he has been.

I actually don’t see Gesicki getting many reps in 12 personnel...I don’t see him getting reps in 11 personnel..

I see him coming across the formation in motion to get free releases, split him in the slot or out wide against zone looks..

I have a good feeling Flores is pretty good at evaluating talent, so let’s use the knight correctly.

Prior to camp though. I still have hope Gesicki can develop into something better than what he has been.
Yes absolutely I get that, I have hope as well, but where I have 0 hope is thinking his coordination while blocking is gonna become efficient.

I don’t know why some take that personally or get defensive about it, he’s a dolphin, he’s ours, let’s realize what he can do and can’t do, and utilize properly..

Back
Top Bottom