Breaking Down The Contenders In Dolphins' Wr Competition | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Breaking Down The Contenders In Dolphins' Wr Competition

DKphin

Club Member
Reaction score
usatsi_10981509.jpg

The wide receiver position just might be the most loaded area of the Miami Dolphins roster — with only the secondary posing any real competition as far as depth is concerned. There are so many capable players at receiver that GM Chris Grier and head coach Brian Flores are gonna have to make some very tough decisions when the time comes to make cuts.

So who has the edge as training camp gets set to begin?

https://dolphinswire.usatoday.com/2...wn-the-contenders-in-dolphins-wr-competition/

That's an optimistic view, that we are "deep" at WR.

We have a few guys that have shown flashes, but Stills is the only one that has shown any consistency whatsoever, and nobody is going to mistake him for a conventional "#1".

I like the possibilities. Our speed, overall, is top shelf, and I believe this staff will figure a way to get the most out of them.

Let's not delude ourselves into thinking we have a strong, proven group of guys though.

I think they will have a solid WR group with the potential to be better than that.

They need a lot of things to go right, the health of Wilson/Grant, Parker finally "getting it" and the progress of guys like Williams/Butler/Ford.

I have a good feeling about Williams but we have seen mini Camps stars fade away before.

Overall I think Miami has a better than average group of skill position guys(WR/TE/RB)to help whoever is playing QB.

The quality of the offense rests ENTIRELY on the play of the O Line.

Most likely the O Line will be at best decent and the Offense will struggle. Which is a problem because I don't see the Defense being very good.

I've been saying all offseason that Miami has to many playmakers or guys with big play ability on offense to end up with the worst record in the league.

That's an optimistic view, that we are "deep" at WR.

We have a few guys that have shown flashes, but Stills is the only one that has shown any consistency whatsoever, and nobody is going to mistake him for a conventional "#1".

I like the possibilities. Our speed, overall, is top shelf, and I believe this staff will figure a way to get the most out of them.

Let's not delude ourselves into thinking we have a strong, proven group of guys though.

There's nothing wrong with articles suggesting a position group COULD be good. we all know there are posters here who list why players in position groups will be bad. As always, both sides will be wrong. IMO, Stills and Wilson should be productive. Of DVP and Williams, I think one will be a pleasant surprise. Helping the group, as you say, "this staff will figure a way to get the most out of them." Throw in the staff will also use the RBs/TEs in the passing game and I think the receiver corp could be above average in the league.

We need a go reciever after that we are loaded. I would probably keep Williams and perhaps Brice over Parker if they any talent and show they can stay on the field. I look at Forde as a having a decent shot because of Grants and Wilson's injury situations it always a gamble if and how well players return from those things

There's nothing wrong with articles suggesting a position group COULD be good. we all know there are posters here who list why players in position groups will be bad. As always, both sides will be wrong. IMO, Stills and Wilson should be productive. Of DVP and Williams, I think one will be a pleasant surprise. Helping the group, as you say, "this staff will figure a way to get the most out of them." Throw in the staff will also use the RBs/TEs in the passing game and I think the receiver corp could be above average in the league.
Oh, there was nothing wrong with the article, at all. I enjoyed the read, I was just pointing out that its premise was based on future "possibilities", rather than a solid history of performance.

To your point, you usually need "above average" QB play to have an "above average" recieving corps.

Oh, there was nothing wrong with the article, at all. I enjoyed the read, I was just pointing out that its premise was based on future "possibilities", rather than a solid history of performance.

To your point, you usually need "above average" QB play to have an "above average" recieving corps.

Agree, and my reply wasn't aimed at you. It just seems there are SOME (an important word) who read positive/potential articles and see only fluff or homerism while, at the same time, trash players/groups/roster as 'garbage,' but see no inconsistency. I have no problem with either end of the debate as long as they stay in eyesight of reality.

I think by and large we know more about our WRs than any other position group on the roster.

There’s something to like about each of them but maybe Stills doesn’t fit long term? Maybe he does, we don’t have to dump everyone not 26 and under but....

A lot of teams could be interested in his services, especially those on the west coast where you know he wouldn’t mind being.

Preston Williams looks like a talent. Parker has competition from someone who might be more physically gifted at a fraction of the cost and a full contract younger.

I am more intrigued to see the TEs and RBs. Namely Gesicki and Ballage.

Last edited:
I think by and large we know more about our WRs than any other position group on the roster.

There’s something to like about each of them but maybe Stills doesn’t fit long term? Maybe he does, we don’t have to dump everyone not 26 and under but....

A lot of teams could be interested in his services, especially those on the west coast where you know he wouldn’t mind being.

Preston Williams looks like a talent. Parker has competition from someone who might be more physically gifted at a fraction of the cost and a full contract younger.

I am more intrigued to see the TEs and RBs. Namely Gesicki and Ballage.

No, we know much more about our secondary than our WRs.

No, we know much more about our secondary than our WRs.

Maybe, I am not sure Reshad will be back though.

As far as I’m concerned we have 1 corner. Granted he’s the best one there is, the rest are all question marks. Even McCain who I’m not a fan of.

25 and 29 we know.

Back
Top Bottom