Breaking: Gase To Jets! | Page 15 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Breaking: Gase To Jets!

I'm Surprised he got a gig so fast...makes you wonder hmmm....nah he is an ass clown....kick rocks

The Chip Kelly parallels are almost frightening at this point. Has three years, molds the team in his image, “smartest guy in the room,” implodes in the third year, jettisons players who aren’t his guys, clashes with ownership when he’s asked to give up control, gets fired, immediately gets hired by another NFL team as a HC.

Gase is very smart, but being smart only gets you so far. Especially when you're arrogant. Too smart for his own good perhaps. He didn't address the QB position. He tied himself down to Tannehill who could no longer stay healthy and one that most people view as bad or below average. He never brought in competition. He brought in Jay Cutler and Brock Osweiler instead. He completely failed as a QB whisperer. He built a soft team on both sides just like Joe Philbin. He was horrendous on the road (although good at home). He traded talented players away to build a culture that lead to the locker room disliking him. He failed to bring in veteran coordinators to help him learn on the job. His play calling was pretty good at times, but overall was very questionable and at time outright abysmal. Examples such as running on 1st and 20, throwing the ball behind the 1st down marker, constant reliance on screen passes, and being inconsistent with the identity of the offense. The defense was horrendous every year largely because we built a soft team upfront and we never hired a competent veteran DC. Gase needed to give up play calling on offense and also focus on the defense. The defense felt neglected.

Gase could be a good HC, but he needs to learn from these problems and lower his ego.

The Chip Kelly parallels are almost frightening at this point. Has three years, molds the team in his image, “smartest guy in the room,” implodes in the third year, jettisons players who aren’t his guys, clashes with ownership when he’s asked to give up control, gets fired, immediately gets hired by another NFL team as a HC.
Gets fired again by the second NFL team, high tails it out of the league.

History repeats itself-- first as tragedy, then as farce.

I'm predicting that he will do well in New York. Darnold is a good young QB, and they have a good defense. Adam Gase will learn from his mistakes, and I will not be surprised if he succeeds. Hey, we're tanking anyway, so I'm not too upset that we'll likely lose to New York twice next year.

Vance is a fine hire. He was only here a year, but it was easily our best under Gase. He can have Loggains.

What a SCUMBAG!
Hey, we fired him, he's not a scumbag for taking the only other job he was offered. It's pretty common for a spurned coach or player to want to stay in the division and exact revenge on the team that gave up on them. Players do it all the time, and Rex Ryan was the most recent coach to do it, but not the only one. Belichick was a New York Jets assistant when Parcells was handing over the reins to the Jets to Belichick, when Parcells learned that Belichick had gone behind his back and brokered a deal to become the Patriots Head Coach before they were even allowed to talk to him by the NFL rules. Yeah, it happens.

And I suspect that guy spends 18 plus hours a day in the complex.

So I don’t think he’s gonna be outworked in terms of work ethic
It’s not the hours at the facility or at work. It’s the quality of output. Give me a quality gameplan and 14 hrs over a guy posing as a guru for 18 hrs.

Gase was also known to work out at the facility. Just another attempted cure for his LPS.

that's what I was thinking - the NY media will skewer him unmercifully at the slightest provocation.
New York will have his head on a platter if he doesn't bring results. Miss the playoffs next year and his seat will start to warm up.

Back
Top Bottom