Breaking: Gase To Jets! | Page 16 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Breaking: Gase To Jets!

Her ray, question, are you now convinced that the jets are about to see the rebirth of a Dynasty?

Yes, I think they probably are.

I refuse to kick myself for the turn of events in Miami where we are looking for a new coach. This kind of thing happens in the NFL every year to about a quarter of the teams.

I am looking forward to see what develops with the coming of a new coach from the standpoint that I have been here 3 years and have a feel for our players. When I first came here I was following Gase and had no idea about the players or the coaching staff, except for Tannehill.

I don't know enough about the coaches we have interviewed to have come to believe they will help us create a new Dynasty. I hope they do and I would be delighted to see it happen. I had a special feeling about Adam Gase. It happens. Having a favorite player or coach is part of the fun of being a fan. It helps a lot if they win.

While I'm waiting for the our dynasty to appear, I'm going to enjoy watching the team develop under our new coach. There just isn't as much fire in my belly about the probability for success, due to my lack of knowledge about whoever the new coach will be. That's OK.

I am still an optimist and will go out on a limb and say we will win between 8 and 10 games this year. We almost did that last year with the players we have and most of the best were injured and unavailable a significant amount of the time.

We will be getting another boost of new players via the draft and the new coach may surprise some teams, just because they don't have film on his handling of the Dolphins yet. So you see, we are still likely to be in contention with everything that has happened to us this year. I may actually be understating things a little, but I will have a better feel after training camp.

url

Outstanding news!

It's the most Jets thing ever to pass on Mike McCarthy for Adam Gase and his genius minion Dowell Loggains. :funny:

It's the most Jets thing ever to pass on Mike McCarthy for Adam Gase and his genius minion Dowell Loggains. :funny:

It depends on what Mike McCarthy's demands were. As a former Super Bowl winning head coach, with a strong track record, he might have wanted final say over the roster and perhaps even greater control and influence than the Jets were willing to give him. Whereas Gase is more likely to have accepted less control in personnel in order to get another opportunity.

The only other reason I can think of is that perhaps they felt Case's downfall with us was the quarterback situation. He worked as a QB coach with Tebow when the Broncos made the play offs with him, did a fair job with the Bears and Cutler, and with us Tannehill did improve. McCarthy on the other hand has only dealt with Rodgers, would McCarthy have had success without him? Hard to say. Would Rodgers still have been great without McCarthy? I'd say there's a good chance he would.

So perhaps the Jets felt that Gase could do more with Darnold than McCarthy could because of who Gase has had to work with and the improvement he's got out of those quarterbacks (Tebow, Cutler, Tannehill)? Granted it's a stretch, but maybe they think Gase can finally run his offense with a top prospect under centre in Darnold, and help Darnold reach that next level. Obviously I have my doubts about this, but who knows, maybe Gase will surprise everyone?!

Loving the Drama of this unfolding. I really didnt think My Boiling Hatred for the Jets could be any worse.........

I WAS WRONG!!! :rage

Gase also has a top 3 pick in the draft.... **** that guy!

1) the jets have a new shiny first round QB

2) and so far gase is bringing his staff along w/ him

Yeah he better win fast. That's a short leash my friend. What alpha offensive player is getting over drafted at 3 this year?

Well I was going to say Noah Fant as the #3 pick for Gase, but they already have a good one in Chris Herndon, so im going to say that he drafts Noah Fant with the #3 pick...

And let him take all the coaches he wants with him except Rizzi, honestly Renaldo Hill I thought did a decent job with the **** he was handed and what they were forcing him to do, until a wet running **** was dropped on top of that already floating **** by the end of the season. with Flores being a NE lifer I don't know what kind of staff he could assemble, at least Richard might have a couple of squads to pick from

Word this morning is Vance Joseph will be his DC unless the Bengals hire him. Gase was hired because the same reasons Ross hired him. They love his energy and strong presence. Little do they know.

NY media is going to eat him alive lol.

Word this morning is Vance Joseph will be his DC unless the Bengals hire him. Gase was hired because the same reasons Ross hired him. They love his energy and strong presence. Little do they know.

NY media is going to eat him alive lol.

Isn’t Joseph a wide 9 guy also?

Back
Top Bottom