Breaking: Gase To Jets! | Page 17 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Breaking: Gase To Jets!

Just curious as to what you think about it is funny. I know what I think about it is funny.

See the Chip Kelly parallel above. He hasn't learned a damned thing. He's going to try to ram his scheme down the Jets's players throats, and it isn't going to work. It's not like he went to a team flush with talent. You think he had issues with WR who couldn't run his schemes HERE?

Unless Gase all of a sudden starts altering his strategies to fit the Jets strengths, which I doubt, they're not going anywhere.

The Jets have more talent than we do and a young QB that is mobile and will get better. If Gase learned from his mistakes here with his temperament and does not have control over the roster then this could be good for the Jets. We are laughing now, but in the end they could be the one with the last laugh in terms of one team being better than the other. We don't have a QB, our offensive line is down right offensive, and we need DEs to name a few things. We have a lot of work to do to get better. Let's not kid ourselves. They are ahead of us right now. That said, we will see how it goes for us. I am not encouraged from what I have seen with our coaching search so far. Of who we interviewed, I like Richard so far, but It is also rumored that if we don't hire Rizzi as head coach we could lose him to Gase. That could be a big loss. I get it. Gase screwed our team up, but that is on Ross and his organizational structure. You would think he could learn from his mistakes, but I think with him hiring our new coach the asshole will never learn. Ross is a big reason why we are in this situation and things won't get better for the football side of things until he either learns to butt out or moves along.

The Jets have more talent than we do and a young QB that is mobile and will get better. If Gase learned from his mistakes here with his temperament and does not have control over the roster then this could be good for the Jets. We are laughing now, but in the end they could be the one with the last laugh in terms of one team being better than the other. We don't have a QB, our offensive line is down right offensive, and we need DEs to name a few things. We have a lot of work to do to get better. Let's not kid ourselves. They are ahead of us right now. That said, we will see how it goes for us. I am not encouraged from what I have seen with our coaching search so far. Of who we interviewed, I like Richard so far, but It is also rumored that if we don't hire Rizzi as head coach we could lose him to Gase. That could be a big loss. I get it. Gase screwed our team up, but that is on Ross and his organizational structure. You would think he could learn from his mistakes, but I think with him hiring our new coach the ******* will never learn. Ross is a big reason why we are in this situation and things won't get better for the football side of things until he either learns to butt out or moves along.

Doesn’t matter how much talent they have right now. We had more talent when Gasy took the Miami job compared to when he was fired. Gasy will cut and run players off. He will ram his failed system down their throats. He is bringing in his friends who are failed coaches. By year 3 with the Jets, he will have them exactly where we want them...imploding!

The Jets have more talent than we do and a young QB that is mobile and will get better. If Gase learned from his mistakes here with his temperament and does not have control over the roster then this could be good for the Jets. We are laughing now, but in the end they could be the one with the last laugh in terms of one team being better than the other. We don't have a QB, our offensive line is down right offensive, and we need DEs to name a few things. We have a lot of work to do to get better. Let's not kid ourselves. They are ahead of us right now. That said, we will see how it goes for us. I am not encouraged from what I have seen with our coaching search so far. Of who we interviewed, I like Richard so far, but It is also rumored that if we don't hire Rizzi as head coach we could lose him to Gase. That could be a big loss. I get it. Gase screwed our team up, but that is on Ross and his organizational structure. You would think he could learn from his mistakes, but I think with him hiring our new coach the ******* will never learn. Ross is a big reason why we are in this situation and things won't get better for the football side of things until he either learns to butt out or moves along.

Not to be a tool...but can you break this down a little? Because I don't buy that at all. And the jury's still out on Darnold. It's not like he set the world on fire his rookie year. He wasn't a train wreck by any means, but he sure as heck wasn't Mayfield.

With the state of our team, it's really hard to bring myself to laugh at another team these days. Just hoping he doesn't become the coach that so many envisioned him to be when we signed him.

Not to be a tool...but can you break this down a little? Because I don't buy that at all. And the jury's still out on Darnold. It's not like he set the world on fire his rookie year. He wasn't a train wreck by any means, but he sure as heck wasn't Mayfield.

OK. What don't you buy? Take your rose colored glasses off and then take a look.

Doesn’t matter how much talent they have right now. We had more talent when Gasy took the Miami job compared to when he was fired. Gasy will cut and run players off. He will ram his failed system down their throats. He is bringing in his friends who are failed coaches. By year 3 with the Jets, he will have them exactly where we want them...imploding!

Believe me. I hope he sucks there just like he sucked here. All I am saying is that if Gase doesn't have control over the 53, and all he has to do is coach with the talent they have now, they are better than us, now. It's not that they are great, it's that Ross and his dumb decisions are setting our franchise back in a huge way.

OK. What don't you buy? Take your rose colored glasses off and then take a look.

spchlss.gif

See, this doesn't help me not be a tool. I thought I specifically tried to point that out.

You made the statement. I'm simply asking whom you're referring to. Specifically.

Glasses off?

I'm a big fan of Adams and Herndon, and I like Robby Anderson when he's actually on the field. But the Jets need DE worse than the Fins do, nobody else at WR set the world on fire - Doug Baldwin wasn't quite the answer for them. At RB, nobody peeks into the Jets backfield and says, "OH, LORDY! IT'S ELIJAH MCGUIRE AND ISAIAH CROWELL'S TOE! WHATEVER WILL WE DO?" Their O-Line wasn't some great colossus this past year, and it's going to have holes as well, plus the best player on the damn line is going into the last year of HIS contract.

DT? Seriously? Who do they have other than Leonard Williams on an expiring contract? LB? Avery Williamson? Sure, like him, but he's not some great bargain. DB aside from Adams? Trumaine Johnson has been a freaking disaster, Buster Skrine and Morris Claiborne are free agents.

So please, oh voice of wisdom...point out what I'm missing. Is there some talent on the Jets? Of course. But it's not like the Jets roster is obviously more talented than the Fins. So please, pretty please, be specific about why you think that.

Or at the very least don't make statements like that, then when asked NICELY about them, make some snarky-ass "rose colored glasses" comment.

spchlss.gif

See, this doesn't help me not be a tool. I thought I specifically tried to point that out.

You made the statement. I'm simply asking whom you're referring to. Specifically.

Glasses off?

I'm a big fan of Adams and Herndon, and I like Robby Anderson when he's actually on the field. But the Jets need DE worse than the Fins do, nobody else at WR set the world on fire - Doug Baldwin wasn't quite the answer for them. At RB, nobody peeks into the Jets backfield and says, "OH, LORDY! IT'S ELIJAH MCGUIRE AND ISAIAH CROWELL'S TOE! WHATEVER WILL WE DO?" Their O-Line wasn't some great colossus this past year, and it's going to have holes as well, plus the best player on the damn line is going into the last year of HIS contract.

DT? Seriously? Who do they have other than Leonard Williams on an expiring contract? LB? Avery Williamson? Sure, like him, but he's not some great bargain. DB aside from Adams? Trumaine Johnson has been a freaking disaster, Buster Skrine and Morris Claiborne are free agents.

So please, oh voice of wisdom...point out what I'm missing. Is there some talent on the Jets? Of course. But it's not like the Jets roster is obviously more talented than the Fins. So please, pretty please, be specific about why you think that.

Or at the very least don't make statements like that, then when asked NICELY about them, make some snarky-*** "rose colored glasses" comment.

I made a comment above to Dolphin81 to clarify my point. As for the rose colored glasses comment, I wasn't trying to be mean or snarky. It's just an easy way to point out that we all have a certain bias when it comes to our team. You said you aren't buying anything I said about the Jets having a QB situation better than ours, a roster that is better than ours, and Ross's meddling that is a detriment to our team and coaching search than that's ok. You are entitled to your view and I am entitled to mine.

I made a comment above to Dolphin81 to clarify my point. As for the rose colored glasses comment, I wasn't trying to be mean or snarky. It's just an easy way to point out that we all have a certain bias when it comes to our team. You said you aren't buying anything I said about the Jets having a QB situation better than ours, a roster that is better than ours, and Ross's meddling that is a detriment to our team and coaching search than that's ok. You are entitled to your view and I am entitled to mine.

Fair enough. The Jets obviously have a better QB situation for the future than the Fins do at the moment. That I'm not contesting. I just disagree with the roster assessment as a whole. I would certainly rather have the Fins secondary, DTs, WR and RB moving forward. And I don't think the O-Line is drastically worse; Tunsil is obviously a clear reason why. It's not even that the Fins Line was any good...it's just that the Jets wasn't much better. I certainly don't expect Gase or Loggains to make something special out of what they've got.

Back
Top Bottom