Breaking: Gase To Jets! | Page 19 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Breaking: Gase To Jets!

It depends on what Mike McCarthy's demands were. As a former Super Bowl winning head coach, with a strong track record, he might have wanted final say over the roster and perhaps even greater control and influence than the Jets were willing to give him. Whereas Gase is more likely to have accepted less control in personnel in order to get another opportunity.

The only other reason I can think of is that perhaps they felt Case's downfall with us was the quarterback situation. He worked as a QB coach with Tebow when the Broncos made the play offs with him, did a fair job with the Bears and Cutler, and with us Tannehill did improve. McCarthy on the other hand has only dealt with Rodgers, would McCarthy have had success without him? Hard to say. Would Rodgers still have been great without McCarthy? I'd say there's a good chance he would.

So perhaps the Jets felt that Gase could do more with Darnold than McCarthy could because of who Gase has had to work with and the improvement he's got out of those quarterbacks (Tebow, Cutler, Tannehill)? Granted it's a stretch, but maybe they think Gase can finally run his offense with a top prospect under centre in Darnold, and help Darnold reach that next level. Obviously I have my doubts about this, but who knows, maybe Gase will surprise everyone?!
Good points about Mike’s possible demands.

As for QBs, Gase’s reputation as a QB guru is just false. Tebow sucked under him, Cutler sucked under him, all the Miami QBs were no better than average under him. Peyton doesn’t count. He didn’t need Gase and everyone knows that.

Good points about Mike’s possible demands.

As for QBs, Gase’s reputation as a QB guru is just false. Tebow sucked under him, Cutler sucked under him, all the Miami QBs were no better than average under him. Peyton doesn’t count. He didn’t need Gase and everyone knows that.

He's no guru, but he is a QB whisperer. He whispers to his QBs to play more conservatively than they usually do. People say QBs play better under Gase. Well, of course your rating will be higher when you throw short passes most of the game. Throw for 157 yards in a game and he'll still tell the media he played well.

Hey, we fired him, he's not a scumbag for taking the only other job he was offered. It's pretty common for a spurned coach or player to want to stay in the division and exact revenge on the team that gave up on them. Players do it all the time, and Rex Ryan was the most recent coach to do it, but not the only one. Belichick was a New York Jets assistant when Parcells was handing over the reins to the Jets to Belichick, when Parcells learned that Belichick had gone behind his back and brokered a deal to become the Patriots Head Coach before they were even allowed to talk to him by the NFL rules. Yeah, it happens.
Yes I see your point but still He’s a jet now

I say it is quite sad actually. Not sure if he can coach or not or whether he was handcuffed by injuries??? I pictured the next coming of Don Shula when he was first hired and still not sure to this day if he got a raw deal or he just cannot outcoach the better teams??? In a perfect world of no injuries (which I know is a pipe dream) could he have done more? Is he a leader of men? Is he more talented than most other coaches? Unfortunately we will find out in the next few years or fortunately for us, we shall see.

Where did you hear this? It seems like he is most likely going to sign with the Cards.

Are you just making up stuff?

That was the rumor a couple of days ago. Apparently Gase changed his mind and is looking at Bountygate now.

Maybe he'll burn out of the league like Kenny Powers and come back later after hitting rock bottom. Gonna be hard to humble that one.
Normally, arrogance comes as a result of success. To be arrogant void of any substantial accomplishments is a recipe for failure. Give him time, he'll wear out his welcome in NY and get knocked off his horse again! When he fails twice as a HC, he won't get another shot.

Can we really make fun of the Jets when we're apparently about to be the next team that makes the predictable mistake of hiring a Patriots assistant coach?

This report comes from JLC so take with a grain of salt but apparently McCarthy also turned the Jets down due to the same reasons Rhule did. Gase was the only one willing to let the Jets FO fill out his staff

Actually that worked out in Gase's favor. He's terrible at picking assistants. Rizzo was here when he arrived.

Interesting that the Jets made this hire days ago and they still haven’t held a press conference introducing their new coach. They probably noticed how ****ing hated this hire has been and are freaked out.

Back
Top Bottom