BREAKING NEWS: DeVante Parker & Albert Wilson Cleared Concussion Protocol (per Miami Herald Barry Jackson & Mike Florio PFT) | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

BREAKING NEWS: DeVante Parker & Albert Wilson Cleared Concussion Protocol (per Miami Herald Barry Jackson & Mike Florio PFT)

Everyone will cry about it after the season, while we are sizing up the draft and Miami is picking 10-13 instead of 3-4. Can't wait to reflect on the heroic wins against the Giants and Bengals as Miami picks someone to play IDL.
The only ones who will be crying are those who live in the fantasy world that one single player will change the fortune of a team with a boatload of needs. Those of us who understand what Flores/Grier are doing the evaluation of the current players (which incudles playing to win) are of much bigger imprortance than a draft spot 2,3,4,7,10 or 13.

Everyone will cry about it after the season, while we are sizing up the draft and Miami is picking 10-13 instead of 3-4. Can't wait to reflect on the heroic wins against the Giants and Bengals as Miami picks someone to play IDL.
So now we're finishing in the 10th to 13th spots? If we win two of three games and not a single other 5 win or less team wins a game (impossible since they play each other some), the worst we could pick is 12 -- and that's assuming we lose all tiebreakers with every other 5 win team.

The only ones who will be crying are those who live in the fantasy world that one single player will change the fortune of a team with a boatload of needs. Those of us who understand what Flores/Grier are doing the evaluation of the current players (which incudles playing to win) are of much bigger imprortance than a draft spot 2,3,4,7,10 or 13.
“those of us who Understand”...

So is your chastising everyone who would rather be in a better position for the future at the expense of another meaningless win in a lost season.
Here's a deal: if people stop whining about 'meaningless wins' stop making posts about it, then I will talk to those involved and I will guarantee that they will not respond to those posts that weren't made.

Here's a deal: if people stop whining about 'meaningless wins' stop making posts about it, then I will talk to those involved and I will guarantee that they will not respond to those posts that weren't made.
Meaningless wins are even worse than meaningless posts like your response.

It's undeniable that one single player can make a substantial improvement to the fortune of a team, even one with a boatload of needs.

I've never once said that picking at 1-4 would make us overnight contenders versus picking at 10-13, but winning these games is literally meaningless at this point in the season. We can still put on a good showing, be competitive, evaluate talent, etc. without fielding an embarrassment, but in the grand scheme of things, every draft there is only a small handful of perceived elite level talent, and they're generally taken within the top 5 picks. So if we have the ability, by giving up nothing, to potentially have one of those talents, that could be a huge piece of the 53 man puzzle we're trying to solve, would you not rather just finish putting this lousy season behind us for that chance, as opposed to getting a cheap win over a team that only has 1 or 2 wins?

It's undeniable that one single player can make a substantial improvement to the fortune of a team, even one with a boatload of needs.

I've never once said that picking at 1-4 would make us overnight contenders versus picking at 10-13, but winning these games is literally meaningless at this point in the season. We can still put on a good showing, be competitive, evaluate talent, etc. without fielding an embarrassment, but in the grand scheme of things, every draft there is only a small handful of perceived elite level talent, and they're generally taken within the top 5 picks. So if we have the ability, by giving up nothing, to potentially have one of those talents, that could be a huge piece of the 53 man puzzle we're trying to solve, would you not rather just finish putting this lousy season behind us for that chance, as opposed to getting a cheap win over a team that only has 1 or 2 wins?
Winning games is meaningless if all you care about is getting the best draft pick possible. In that case it's easy to see why you would consider losing as 'giving up nothing'.

I'd wager that is not how the players and coaches see it.

Back
Top Bottom