BREAKING NEWS: George Siefert Head Candidate | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

BREAKING NEWS: George Siefert Head Candidate

He Who Knows

☠️ Banned ☠️
Reaction score
Looks like the Bills are going to hire Legendary coach George Siefert ...

"Siefert Head Candidate
BREAKING NEWS: Former 49er and Carolina head coach George Siefert, has interviewed TWICE with Buffalo Bills general manager Tom Donahoe and is the lead candidate for Buffalo's Head Coaching job.

Siefert, has won 2 SuperBowls with the 49ers in the 1990's including, a Super Bowl win his 1st year as head coach. He has tallied an impressive 114-62 record throughout his career. "

http://www.profootballcentral.com/

I remember him, his teams were soft and sloppy in Carolina. I would be extremely happy to see him in Buffalo......:D

legendary? :lol: :lol: hey i believe that! right next to Bill Walsh who built that team for him.

It is all what you think of the coach. Not everyone agrees with others opinions, but as far as record goes I believe he is 6th all time.

His Carolina teams had ZERO talent. Buffalo has a ton of talent with no coach.

- His 1st year as head coach he won the SB
- His 2nd year as head coach he went to the NFC Championship
- His 4th year he went to the NFC Championship
- His 5th year he went to the NFC Championship
- His 6th year he won another SB

1989 - 14 2 * SB Win
1990 - 14 2 *NFC Championship game
1991 - 10 6
1992 - 14 2 *NFC Championship game
1993 - 10 6 *NFC Championship game
1994 - 13 3 *SB Win
1995 - 11 5
1996 - 12 4

1999 car - 8 8
2000 car - 7 9
2001 car - 1 15

He did have Bill Walsh bringing in a Hall-of-Famer every draft. I do think he is a good coach. However, he isn't as good as his records in San Fransisco would make you believe......

Alright. I can respect that opinion. But he is good enough to bring a team with talented players like BUffalo to a 11-5 record.

Put it this way. He brang the horrid 2000 Panthers to a 8-8 record :)

The only thing I'd worry about id I were a Buffalo fan is that he is extremely old. Health may become an issue, as well as his desire to keep on coaching, especially if he has a rocky start......

That is true. But if he can utilize the talent Buffalo has, Buffalo may have a very successful season. I would guess at least 10-6, if not 11-5.

My guess is that, there only hiring him for a 2-3 year deal. Nothing long.

Back
Top Bottom