Breaking the game up. Did you expect to go undefeated? | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Breaking the game up. Did you expect to go undefeated?

reddbaron

Supa Dupa.
Reaction score
In all honesty my friends, this was not a bad performance by us. Not bad at all. We gave a scare to the team that in my opinion will most likely win the division with Tom Brady out of the picture. A lot of what we messed up on (Jake Long's penalties, some pass interference here and there) can definitely be fixed in a week of practice. Good things we can take out of this, are that Chad Pennington is a better quarterback than we've had over these last few years. I hear people pissed off at him already. Hell, I am too. He threw crappy three yard passes when it was 3rd and long. Yeah, I was upset. But really, did you expect Chad to come in here and all of the sudden have JaMarcus Russell's arm? We didn't get him because he was gonna take us to the playoffs this year. We got him because he's a good leader, a veteran and is a fine, not great, fine QB that will improve our young offense's skill and teamwork. Now, Ted Ginn did not look great at all on punt returns, nor did he look good on pass plays, hell even that run he did did not look good. But I think when he and Chad mesh, things will be different. He'll be a better wide receiver by the end of this season.

As I said, there were things to be happy about in this game. FASANO looked outstanding. Made some hard catches and ran great routes. He's a rising star on this team that will develop into a top TE in my opinion. Aside from Renaldo Hill's stupid mistake letting Stuckey or whatever his name is, I believe that's right, into the endzone, we played pretty good defense. Channing had himself 10 tackles on the game and so did Bell. 3 sacks aint bad at all and Philip Merling, Jason Ferguson, Kendall Langford and hell even Matt Roth looked pretty damn good. Will Allen was all over the ball early on in the game and he looked pretty good. I was surprised he didn't pick one off.

Our offensive line still does have a lot to learn in order to be the line that it promises to be. All 5 of them need time to develop. The fact of the matter is that 2-14 is an improvement. With that said I believe that with Tom Brady out for the season, and the strength of our schedule, we go 7-9, 8-8, or 9-7. Within that range I think is definitely possible.

Keep yall's heads up. We win next week. Kurt Warner better watch out for the Sparanos...:ko:

Man, it looks as if that is Brady's left knee in the picture you linked. If so, he has to be done.

There were some good things to take away from this game, as you said:

-Our pass rush looked pretty solid
-Our tight ends looked pretty good, both Martin and Faesano, best tight end play we've had since I don't remember when.
-Decent and unstinky QB play which is quite alot better than we've had since that one year with Gus Ferotte
-Some of our rookies looked quite good, particularly Kendall Langford

Having said that, some things to be concerned about:

-Our rookie kicker looked like ****e
-Our receivers were underhelming
-Our running game wasn't as good as we anticipated
-Not sure we were as stout against the run as most of us hoped and expected
-Secondary had a couple of major breakdowns that led to huge plays

Having said that, we have a much better chance of beating New England now that Brady is likely out for the season, and we have a weak enough schedule that we should be able to at least be competitive in most games and have a decent shot at winning most of them this year whether we actually do or not, we have a shot to be decent and unembarassing, but we have alot of work to do.

Back
Top Bottom