breatheDEEP.com - Please Read | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

breatheDEEP.com - Please Read

thank you for letting me know about this site. I just lost my father in december right before christmas. I still think that he was sitting up there and had everything to do with the win over the pats just the next week after I lost him.

You're in my thoughts and prayers my brother.

You're making him proud every day.

Gram

Thanks AJ, for giving me a bit of perpective. Other things in life seem so trivial when compared to the loss of a loved one. Keep your head up, stay strong, and may your father's memory forever live on. God bless you and your family.

A year already.....it seems like yesterday to me when the news/thread was on this board and I am sure it seems like yesterday even more so personally to you. Again I am sorry for your loss.

I am glad to hear that breathedeep gives as much %-wise as they do as many organizations (i.e. UnitedWay with all their 'good' intentions) seem to be more of an organization that creates jobs while actually giving far less %-wise which is why when I choose to help charities etc. I donate my time directly (i.e. to hurrican victims) or my $ to organizations that actually send it to where it needs to go.

May you always treasure your memories...

Sorry for your loss AJ! Cancer is a demon that takes many loved ones from us all to early. My experience has been the loss of 4 grandparents, an Aunt, an Uncle, and my best friend who was only 16 many years ago. Ten years ago my father was diagnosed with Colon cancer, I complain I never have won a lottery but he had succesful surgery and that was the biggest win a lottery could not compare with.

For all our Canadian fin fans there are many good charities up north aswell. The money you contribute today may save a loved one tomorrow!

Aj, pretty new here so i dont know you but sorry to hear about your loss. I wish you the best man. I already donate what I can to American Cancer Society as well as other charities; I always try and give something even if its only a couple bucks.

I can certainly sympathize with what your going through to a degree because while I was at the NFL draft last year my dad had a stroke and I nearly lost him. It went from being a pretty good day to a damn awful 1. Luckily he made it through and is practically recovered from partial paralysis on his left side. It made me refocus and re-assess where my life was at and I plan on going back to school at some point (when I save up enough) for Physical Therapy because I saw that all my years weight training enabled me to help my dad with some of his rehab exercises and stuff because I have extensive knowledge of the muscular system.

Speaking from having lost relatives and a couple friends, the only thing I can really say that might help a bit is that when I've lost people I just try and hang onto to the memories Ive shared with them + be thankful for that and that the dreams they were hopeful of achieving and try and live everyday in a way that would make them proud to call you a son and a friend. Keep your head up.

FinHeavenAJ said:
Hello All:

This time last year my father passed away. When I woke up on April 2, 2004... the world as I knew it would be totally different. I'm not going to get into all the details, however, I have the opportunity to inform thousands of people about a little known company called breatheDEEP.

My dad passed away because he had Advanced Stage 5 Lung Cancer. It eventually spread to the rest of his body. Lung cancer, and, for that matter, cancer of any kind, is a truly horrible disease. Unfortunately, there is no true cure. Millions of dollars are going towards R&D, but these organizations still need help.

breatheDEEP sells wristbands, hats, stickers, shirts, etc and then gives 70% to organizations. It seems that almost everyone is wearing wristbands ("Live strong [yellow], breast cancer [pink], etc)... add this one to your collection.

In any case, please view this page here: http://www.breathedeep.com/

If you would rather, there are many other organizations out there such as the American Lung Association, American Cancer Society, etc.

Thanks to all of those that read this post. This is just my little dedication to my dad. I feel like I have this opportunity to inform you, so I should follow through.

RIP James Tatum
My Father, My Friend
10/9/56 - 4/2/04

072609-R1-10A.jpg

Thank you for giving me the strength!

Sorry for your loss AJ. I still have my Dad but, my Mom died on September 25th 2004. She died of Cancer in her blood she was only 64 years old. I miss her so much. May your Dad and my Mom rest in peace in heaven. AJ be strong your Dad and my Mom will always be there in both of our hearts. I personally would like to Thank You for such a wonderful website that you have produced. Keep your chin up man. I know it hard and I know how you feel. Thanks for sharing. Now I will share what I can for the this worthy cause.

Sincerley,
Pasquale

LONG BEACH ICE DOGS KELLY CUP PLAYOFF BOUND!! CLINCHED TONIGHT!! :D

As veterans to this site might remember, I lost my wife to metastatic lung cancer August 22, 2004. She had just turned 54. I lost my Mom to breast cancer in 1992 at age 61. Her Dad, my grandfather, died of lung cancer in 1984. Three generations.

My wife's cancer was ideopathic, meaning she was a member of no risk group, proving again, cancer strikes where cancer chooses even if you try and do everything right!

With Dad lost to a stroke in 2001, only my daughter and I remain. Friends, even cyber ones like on this board, mean a great deal to my life.

Our town has an annual "Relay for Life" Many towns do. It is an annual walk-a-thon to raise money and awareness for cancer research. Check your local areas, the season for them is upcoming. Our congregation is selling purple bracelets with the word "HOPE" on them as our supportive activity for this year's event. I have the first one.

My prayers continue for you Andrew and my thanks continue for all the folks here who supported me during the difficult times in the past and that continue. Let me add my voice to his to ask you to help build hope, for a cure, for lives broken, and for the lives lost!

For me it was August 1, 1998....It's a day you will never forget..and never truly get over. I'm sorry to hear about your loss A.J.

Ohiophinphan said:
As veterans to this site might remember, I lost my wife to metastatic lung cancer August 22, 2004. She had just turned 54. I lost my Mom to breast cancer in 1992 at age 61. Her Dad, my grandfather, died of lung cancer in 1984. Three generations.

My wife's cancer was ideopathic, meaning she was a member of no risk group, proving again, cancer strikes where cancer chooses even if you try and do everything right!

With Dad lost to a stroke in 2001, only my daughter and I remain. Friends, even cyber ones like on this board, mean a great deal to my life.

Our town has an annual "Relay for Life" Many towns do. It is an annual walk-a-thon to raise money and awareness for cancer research. Check your local areas, the season for them is upcoming. Our congregation is selling purple bracelets with the word "HOPE" on them as our supportive activity for this year's event. I have the first one.

My prayers continue for you Andrew and my thanks continue for all the folks here who supported me during the difficult times in the past and that continue. Let me add my voice to his to ask you to help build hope, for a cure, for lives broken, and for the lives lost!

god bless you brother!!!!!

I also lost my father to cancer in the lungs....on 1-1-97 he was 69.....but he never smoked or drank alochol....but he was a dump truck driver for over 40 years and they say between the diesel fumes and asphalt and god only knows what...cancer can develop. Keep up the good work AJ.....and may everyone who has shared here....know that our Fathers who art in Heaven.......are watchin us.

Just got my wristbands today from Breathe DEEP.Just wanted to say thanks again AJ , for a good idea for a good cause.

Back
Top Bottom