Brees Changes Nfl Draft Landscape | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Brees Changes Nfl Draft Landscape

RnR3423

☠️ Banned ☠️
Reaction score
Saints | Brees signing changes NFL Draft landscape
Wed, 15 Mar 2006 06:55:52 -0800
<A href="http://www.kffl.com/link/130">Randy Lange, of the Bergen Record, reports the New Orleans Saints signing of QB Drew Brees now makes it unlikely the team will draft USC QB Matt Leinart with the No. 2 overall draft choice. The team could shift focus and take North Carolina State DL Mario Williams or trade out of the No. 2 position.

yeah, the whole top of the draft will change now with some big trades I bet

re:

What teams are really in need of a QB, that would be in a position to trade up? I think Dan Snyder might try to pull something off to get Leinart, he's got enough weapons he could unload to get him.

Dolphins=LIFE said:
What teams are really in need of a QB, that would be in a position to trade up? I think Dan Snyder might try to pull something off to get Leinart, he's got enough weapons he could unload to get him.

That would make absolutely no sense! They just spent a 1st rounder on Jason Campbell last year, don't have a 1st rounder this year to offer for trade bait, and should be pretty much out of cap space after all these recent signings.

Dolphins=LIFE said:

They have Brunel, Ramsey, Campbell, and as of yesterday they have Todd Collins. If you want you could also call Randle El a QB. Thats a ton of QBs to carry on the roster. Trading up and wasting a ton of money sounds like something Snyder would do, but it makes zero sense

Back
Top Bottom