Bree's dislocates elbow in pro bowl | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Bree's dislocates elbow in pro bowl

FinFanGirl

Athletic Supporter
Reaction score
Saints QB Brees dislocates elbow in Pro Bowl
Saints QB Brees dislocates elbow in Pro Bowl

February 10, 2007

HONOLULU (AP) -- New Orleans quarterback Drew Brees dislocated his left elbow in the first quarter of the Pro Bowl on Saturday.

Brees, who throws right-handed, didn't break any bones.

Brees made the All-Pro team while leading the resurgent Saints to the NFC championship game, but was injured while throwing a fourth-down incompletion on the NFC's second drive at the NFL all-star game. The NFC starter went 2-of-7 for 23 yards in the scoreless first quarter.

Brees, who passed for 4,418 yards and 26 touchdowns this season to earn his second trip to the Pro Bowl, didn't return to the game -- but coach Sean Payton wasn't likely to play his New Orleans star much beyond the opening quarter, anyway.

yahoo sports.

Watching the play, it looked like he was pretty lucky to not break his leg on that one too.

Tough break for Brees.
It looked pretty bad when he was down.

After knowin that he disloacted his elbow and rewatchin the replay, his arm looked gross. But he is lucky not to injure his leg also.

I'm surprised that is all he did. Very lucky to walk off the field from that play. But at least it was not his throwing arm again

Lucky that it was his left.

6-8 weeks of recovery time....as a Saints fan I was in near shock seeing the hit. Low around his knees.....yuck. For a minute I was sure he'd blown out a knee. But all things considered (non throwing arm, it's the offseason) this is the best we could hope for. After this I really hope in the future when Saints players get a Pro Bowl nomination they say "Thanks but I'll pass".

That was a nasty hit. I thought he had blown out his knee.

Lucky it was in the Pro Bowl and he will have time to recover, also because it's on his non-throwing arm..

This is why I'm not a proponent of the pro-bowl. Imagine one of our defensive stars getting hurt badly. There's no need for this game that doesn't matter in the slightest.

that hit was brutal, and I agree entirely with NJ's statement above...

You guys know the theory right? You can only feel one pain at a time.

Like if you have a headache, close a door on your finger, and only your finger will hurt. :)

Bet you if his elbow was fine, he'd have hurt his knee. lol

Poor guy though. Maybe we should trade for him now that he is injured. :wink:

Back
Top Bottom