Brees franchised | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Brees franchised

glad they finally did it, that way people will finally stop posting brees to dolphins, i'm tired of hearing all that crap

Yeah. Don't get wrong, I never wanted him here anyway. I don't think he would have been a fit for us.

There is also a possibility, albeit remote, that the Chargers would trade Brees. Indeed, if they decided to shop him in trade talk, the Chargers would not lack for suitors.

Straight from your article... trust me, people will still discuss the possibility of us getting Brees... and this also opens the door for speculation that they may want to shop Rivers.

phinphanphrommi said:
Straight from your article... trust me, people will still discuss the possibility of us getting Brees... and this also opens the door for speculation that they may want to shop Rivers.
I totally agree with you...

Apprently it's a non exclusive franchise tag. That means he can talk to other teams about a trade and such (if the directions he's going in). I know the article says that it means he cannot, but on ESPN news ticker it says he can talk to other teams with the Non Exclusive FT. Someone should double check what that means becuase ESPN has given two different definitions. I have a feeling the chargers are gonna let him walk for a lot of picks. Two first rounders would be sweet for them. Giving them 3 this year, and 2 year next year (total). They could trade up and grab a top WR and still get someone else. The team has a good defense, and is overall pretty young. Gonna be interesting.

What a ballsy move for the Chargers. It seems like teams could really play their own hand against them now, knowing that they have to get rid of one of those guys, right? If I was an interested team, I'd hold tight so that you could possibly get one of those guys at a bargain price.

Back
Top Bottom