Brees over Culpepper? How about a couple other "What Ifs" in Miami Dolphins history? | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Brees over Culpepper? How about a couple other "What Ifs" in Miami Dolphins history?

Arnsparger left the first time after the '74 Super Bowl to coach the Giants. The D suffered greatly the next season. With him they almost assuredly would have beaten Oakland in the Sea of Hands game and also made their 4th straight SB.

Then keeping the idiot olivadotti and not hiring Arnsparger back in the early 90s and he instead goes to SD where his defense was the main reason the chargers went to the SB upsetting us in the playoffs along the way. That should have been another SB team for Miami.

This actually bothered me most...What could have been if Arnsparger instead of Olivadotti was D-Coordinator.

People keep harping on the reason Marino never saw another SB, was because he did not have a running game to help him, I disagree, Marino was an offense all by himself, putting up 30+ points way more then not and making it way to easy.

If Miami had continued to have an Arnsparger type Defense, it would have been far to unfair to the rest of the NFL...Not that I would have cared as Miami went for their 4th straight SB win.

Olivadotti will always be the biggest thorn in my Psyche and what could have been.

F*ck the past. Both positive and negative. I’m sick of popping corks when a team loses and I’m sick of hearing about past front office blunders. F*cking win NOW !

That old news nothing we can do about past it 2020. that now.. tua must come thru for dolphins. As good as drew bress have been. On stack team. He only one win SB. The team he win on had great defense..brees get beat every yr. When it count.would breese have won SB with dolphins...I dont know about that either.

Last edited:
I am old enough to understand that life can’t be lived with “what if’s”. So I don’t dwell on what might have been but merely enjoy the now and hope for the best for the future.
I am just happy the Dolphins had the 5th pick and not the 6th pick in this years draft. Otherwise there is a good chance Tua would be a Charger and the Dolphins would have probably drafted Herbert or Love.

I see nothing wrong with tossing around what ifs. It think we're all(or should be) mature enough to realize it won't change anything.
It's part of the whole sports debate, the great ifs.
How about: What if Theismann doesn't knock that ball out of Bokamper's hand?
What if we don't get stuffed for a safety vs the Chargers in the 1994 Divisional playoff round?
What if Buffalo doesn't come back from 35-3 to beat Houston in 1992?
What if Kellen Winslow doesn't get his paw on that FG attempt?

This actually bothered me most...What could have been if Arnsparger instead of Olivadotti was D-Coordinator.

People keep harping on the reason Marino never saw another SB, was because he did not have a running game to help him, I disagree, Marino was an offense all by himself, putting up 30+ points way more then not and making it way to easy.

If Miami had continued to have an Arnsparger type Defense, it would have been far to unfair to the rest of the NFL...Not that I would have cared as Miami went for their 4th straight SB win.

Olivadotti will always be the biggest thorn in my Psyche and what could have been.
I blame the guy who hired him and kept him on for years while the prime of one of the greatest QBs ever withered.

F*ck the past. Both positive and negative. I’m sick of popping corks when a team loses and I’m sick of hearing about past front office blunders. F*cking win NOW !
I agree, the past is the past, but I'll never tire of popping champagne every year when the last undefeated team loses.

I never understood why Shula stuck by Olivadotti. I never understood why Shula or the front office never went after Arnsparger in 1992. I never could figure out why Olivadotti had that long of a tenure with the Phins. He sucked. He couldn't scheme against the K-gun and I remember Thurman Thomas running wild.

I never understood why Shula stuck by Olivadotti. I never understood why Shula or the front office never went after Arnsparger in 1992. I never could figure out why Olivadotti had that long of a tenure with the Phins. He sucked. He couldn't scheme against the K-gun and I remember Thurman Thomas running wild.
Was Bill's best team in afc for 4 or 5 yr. He was not only DC that should of gotten fired. The only thing I didnt understand about dolphins. Why we never had great Rb to go w Marino. Dolphins was good just not good enough beat bills.

I think at this point the horse is beyond a bloody pulp and you're just beating on the ground. I'm sure the blood stains are gone now as well because there is now a hole where the horse used to be.

If only it had been just Thurman Thomas running wild. His backup-- Kenneth Davis-- also ran plenty wild and together they'd often have a field day against the Dolphins.

Everyone gashed that defense-- and this was in the early 90s when the defense was better than it had been in the mid to late 80s.

Back
Top Bottom