Brent Barry's mistake... | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Brent Barry's mistake...

AggieFin21

The 12th Man
Reaction score
Well as reported on Fanball.com, Brent Barry is set to sign w/the S.A. Spurs, turning down offers from Seattle and Portland. Word from other sources said Houston also offered him a 4yr. deal and he turned it down as well. I can understand turning down Seattle and Portland but why do you choose S.A. over Houston? In S.A. you have to compete w/Manu and Tony for playing minutes, where as in Houston you are basically assured the starting role and get to play along side McGrady and Yao. I'm not sure if he thinks he will be more of a factor in S.A. but i've got to believe his playing minutes would triple in Houston.

IMO he took the wrong deal. You get more playing time in Houston and still get to play for a top 3 western conference team. Then again I'm a Rockets fan and I'm a little bitter...:D

Mistake? He has signed withthe favorites to lift next season's title. He replaces Turkoglu in the starting lineup and can hit the 3 and FREE THROWS. Great move for Barry and the Spurs. Tim Duncan, regualar season and finals mvp x2.

What has Yao or Tmac EVER done in a TEAM game?

Bodzilla29 said:
What has Yao or Tmac EVER done in a TEAM game?

Are you disrespecting the Tmac/Yao Duo?!?1?

clear.gif

:goof:

Brent Barry at the 3? HA! I think not. He's a SG/PG. If anyone is moving to the 3 it will be Bowen and I even doubt that. I think the Spurs will look to sign someone else to play the 3 leaving Barry to fight for time at G w/Parker,Manu and Bowen. Where as he could have been starting at the PG in Houston, pulling down 35-40 min. a game and playing along side the best duo in the western conference.

Big mistake by Barry. No longer are the Spurs the dominate power in the division, they will be given all they can handle.

Bruce Bowen to the 3, Barry to play 2 and backup PG, he will play plenty of minutes and be on a major contender with players that have been there before, and will be playing with the BEST player in the west, TD.(I am not a Spurs or TD fan, just call it like I see it.)

Barry can guard 3 positions, so Barry, Manu and Parker on the floor together will NOT be a problem at all. Bowen is just a jump shooting defender who can guard different positions so again, not a problem.

I will respect Tmac/Yao maybe if either one of them can advance past the first round. TD has more RINGS than Tmac and Yao have playoff first round victories, combined.

I'd much rather play with Yao Ming, And Tracy McGrady. Than the boring, unentertaining and life-less Tim Duncan.

Bodzilla29 said:
Bruce Bowen to the 3, Barry to play 2 and backup PG, he will play plenty of minutes and be on a major contender with players that have been there before, and will be playing with the BEST player in the west, TD.(I am not a Spurs or TD fan, just call it like I see it.)

Barry can guard 3 positions, so Barry, Manu and Parker on the floor together will NOT be a problem at all. Bowen is just a jump shooting defender who can guard different positions so again, not a problem.

I will respect Tmac/Yao maybe if either one of them can advance past the first round. TD has more RINGS than Tmac and Yao have playoff first round victories, combined.

Do you actually think Manu is not going to crack the starting line up this year? They just gave him a fat contract and I don't think it was so that he can come off the bench. If anyone will be coming off the bench it will be Barry and he will have to fight for minutes w/Parker and Manu.

Back
Top Bottom