Brent Grimes Lookin Good So Far | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Brent Grimes Lookin Good So Far

Strange watching a few Atlanta games a few years ago I kept on wondering who's #20? In a good way!
If he holds up is he clearly an upgrade over Sean Smith/Vontae Davis folks?

I haven't been this hyped for our secondary since Pat and Sam! Say what you want but I'm anxious to see Will Davis, he'ss is already a hawk and now he has Grimes teaching him, outstanding. And Taylor was a 1st rnd talent so if his kidneys are good then this could get dirty.

I also like will Davis alot of ppl dogged the pick but I think he's a hardworker and will fit in well

I also like will Davis alot of ppl dogged the pick but I think he's a hardworker and will fit in well

Where do you get hard worker?? Will Davis has good ball skills, above average instincts in coverage, and aggressive, play making mentallity, but the big problem I had with him is he was the worst DB drafted against the run, PERIOD!!!! And 90% of that was lack of effort. I can't see Davis being more than a nickle for several years, if ever. You have to remember when watching clips of him, that was against much lower level talent than what most other drafted players were playing against.

Am I the only person concerned he may be rushing his recovery and putting too much pressure on his Achilles too soon, therefore increasing his chances of getting injured again?

I'm seriously on heightened alert and feel as if he should rest till at least training camp starts before playing at full speed.

However, I am confident that Brent knows his body and the medical staff and coaching personnel are monitoring his condition daily in practice and that, my paranoia aside, this is basically the best thing for him by working out early and often and building tendon strength so that he'll be as close to 100% as he can get come September. I guess I just don't want him going too hard when the live bullets aren't flying. Let us all hope everything goes smooth sailing from here on out because he's pivotal to the Dolphins success this season.

Got my fingers crossed.

Yea he was awful against the run so I think its great that he starts at nickel. Comes in for pass protection and learns how to defend the run in the NFL

Am I the only person concerned he may be rushing his recovery and putting too much pressure on his Achilles too soon, therefore increasing his chances of getting injured again?

I'm seriously on heightened alert and feel as if he should rest till at least training camp starts before playing at full speed.

However, I am confident that Brent knows his body and the medical staff and coaching personnel are monitoring his condition daily in practice and that, my paranoia aside, this is basically the best thing for him by working out early and often and building tendon strength so that he'll be as close to 100% as he can get come September. I guess I just don't want him going too hard when the live bullets aren't flying. Let us all hope everything goes smooth sailing from here on out because he's pivotal to the Dolphins success this season.

Got my fingers crossed.

Your not the only one. i feel the same way. Thats a pretty serious injury to come back right away like that. marino wasnt the same after his achillis injury. but peterson had pretty much the worst knee injury and then came back in beast mode. i dunno, i hope he takes it easy and is not running to hard

Got my fingers crossed.

Yes and no. Depends on how it tore and how it was repaired. If it was a clean tear off the bone he should be good now as long as he doesn't go doing 500lb calf raises. If its a tear in the middle of the tendon then yes - I'm frightened.

I tore 75% of both insertion points of my pec tendon off my humerus bone and had surgery in Jan. Doc cleared me a month ago and said the is almost no chance for reinjury as long as I don't go benching 300 right away. I'm 32 and out of my prime - he is a 29 yr old nfl player & physical freak. I think he is fine and hope y'all rest a little more assured as well...

Back
Top Bottom