Brett Favre press conference | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Brett Favre press conference

finfan54

Active Roster
Reaction score
i dont know about anyone else. but Favre didnt look too pleased. ussually he is joking and saying smehting witty. none of that. i think this injury will have some lasting effect on the almighty one. im sorry, when he went out of that game two weeks ago, on the radio i heard that he was crying cus he thought his season was done. then all of a sudden teh next week he is like"no problem". it wasnt as bad as first thought.
I say this. it would be a serous risk to play Favre in this game for obvious reasons, but they will anyways, why? cus they want his streak to continue as "Iron man". That plays right into our hands if that happens. why? cus pederson is getting all the reps until saturday.
If Favre plays, and i want him to play, he will be expecting heat from JT and the boys for sure. i dont see us laying back all day with him and this injury. I see green bay is a step below denver so this game is very winnable. I also see Ray lucas settling down with CC2 now at his reach. Desmond clark will see some action for sure and i think we should go deep a couple of times to test that DB. this is all of a sudden a very winnable game. Ray Lucas needs to have a good game cus his carreer might be over and he doesnt want to go into NYjets stadium sitting the bench. he has had two weeks to prepare with a full deck of cards. that is much different going into the situation two weeks ago.

Wow...those are an awful lot of straws to be grasping in one massive stroke... yikes and egad man ... best get another set of hands. ;)

Originally posted by weeds
Wow...those are an awful lot of straws to be grasping in one massive stroke... yikes and egad man ... best get another set of hands. ;)

its called instincts. its called body language. its called monday night football. And the green bay packers havent really manhandled anyone of great significance. let alone manhandle anyone of no significance. I would say Farve is 50/50 from playing this game right now as it stands in the coaches eye. if you heard the press conference, you would not be saying i am grasping at straws. this is a nonconerence game. Favre is not 100% and has not really shown the docs that he is healing up anytime quick. that is not grasping at straws. sorry.

FinFan you're nuts

If Favre does play this weekend, it will not have anything to do with continuing his streak. Favre has said repeatedly regarding this and other records and milestones that all he cares about is winning (very much unlike our friend Emmitt "I want my Numbers" Smith). Nothing Favre has done contradicts his statements about not being worried about numbers. If Favre plays it is because he gives this team the best chance of winning, plain and simple. Sherman said he will not put Favre at risk and you will notice he's listed as Questionable (50/50) on the injury report.

As far as Favre's reaction to his injury, all I can ask is have you ever had a knee injury. They hurt like hell, even when they're minor. Even simply hyperextending your knee will make you feel like you can't walk on it. Favre's not used to being injured, and he's watched plenty of his teammates go out with season ending knee injuries, so I'm pretty sure all is genuine. I definately don't think they're hiding anything more serious.

Originally posted by finfan54
has not really shown the docs that he is healing up anytime quick. that is not grasping at straws. sorry.

I watched the entire press conference both with Favre and with Sherman. Nothing along these lines was ever said. You need to stop making things up. I don't have a problem with you reading between the lines and thinking that more is wrong. I think you are wrong, but that's your opinion. But if you're going to state something as fact, make sure it is fact.

Note for all here, Sherman did say that the Doctors were surprised that Favre had the knees of a much younger person, definately not a man whose been playing football for 12 years.

Re: FinFan you're nuts

Originally posted by MGD
If Favre does play this weekend, it will not have anything to do with continuing his streak. Favre has said repeatedly regarding this and other records and milestones that all he cares about is winning (very much unlike our friend Emmitt "I want my Numbers" Smith). Nothing Favre has done contradicts his statements about not being worried about numbers. If Favre plays it is because he gives this team the best chance of winning, plain and simple. Sherman said he will not put Favre at risk and you will notice he's listed as Questionable (50/50) on the injury report.

As far as Favre's reaction to his injury, all I can ask is have you ever had a knee injury. They hurt like hell, even when they're minor. Even simply hyperextending your knee will make you feel like you can't walk on it. Favre's not used to being injured, and he's watched plenty of his teammates go out with season ending knee injuries, so I'm pretty sure all is genuine. I definately don't think they're hiding anything more serious.

Favre is not used to being injured? well well well. painkillers might explain that:lol: but anyways, yoiu knod of make my arguement for me with your statements. if favre gets banged or bruised he ussually shruggs it off and his language ussually dictates he will play, but if you heard teh tone in his voice, not what he said, you would have to think that he was told that there is a good chance he will not play this week. it is a nonconferece game and to have him hurt by a JT sack or two and hurried all day and getting banged up with that knee is too much to risk. i for one hope he plays for this very reason! we will see just how much he can handle. and that is the way it should be. the best need to be tested. and if i were the mami dolphins D coordinator i would be bringing heat every third and long situation! take no prisoners!

Originally posted by MGD
I watched the entire press conference both with Favre and with Sherman. Nothing along these lines was ever said. You need to stop making things up. I don't have a problem with you reading between the lines and thinking that more is wrong. I think you are wrong, but that's your opinion. But if you're going to state something as fact, make sure it is fact.

Note for all here, Sherman did say that the Doctors were surprised that Favre had the knees of a much younger person, definately not a man whose been playing football for 12 years.

whatever dude, look. i am speculating based on body language and not what was said. i dont believe everything they tell you in the media. it is a joke. of course they will tell you something like that! they want to keep miami guessing. but here is the bottom line. he is not 100%. if you believe that, you are insane! just because his knees are much better than most football people his age doesnt mean he doesnt have alot of pain still in his knee. i for one, hope he takes about 100 painkillers and doesnt feel a thing! until JT puts a whoopin on his a$$ and then he feels something not right in his knee. that is what this whole thread is about. making up stuff? of course, isnt that what coach sherman is doing in a scneario if his star QB goes down for the season?

Wow! Every team should have a "tone of his voice interpreter" -- think of the competetive advantage in that. :eek: It's guys like you that have most NFL coaches covering their faces w/ their laminated scipted-play cards as they call the plays....gawd you're good. :D

Originally posted by weeds
Wow! Every team should have a "tone of his voice interpreter" -- think of the competetive advantage in that. :eek: It's guys like you that have most NFL coaches covering their faces w/ their laminated scipted-play cards as they call the plays....gawd you're good. :D

i dont care what you think. i know JT is licking his chopps right this very moment eyeying another couple of sacks to up his total. like i said, i hope he does play. i respect Favre alot because of his character. well, his character wasnt his ussual self today. he wont be practicing until saturday. what does that mean to you? cmon now! dont dodge the question like most people. deal with it and tell me what you thought about Favre in his press conference. and ill tell you what. how confident you say he will play will tell me your body language. and i cant even see you!

I just got done watching NFL Tonight and they said they expect Favre to play but he does have a torn MCL which is not a good thing as I've damaged mine previously. The thing about the MCL is that it should allow him to move north and south without and kind of problem, and should also be able to run without too much difficulty.

The problems will arise when he move laterally and/or tries any kind of hard stopping movements, while moving forward, with that knee. This is where the problem arises and where he could do some serious damage that may cost him more games down the road.

I also have to agree with the Pack fans here that Favre is not one to worry too much about an "Iron Man" streak. More that likely he really feels as though he can press through this thing and play well enough to compete.

I'll be at this game so I for one, am actually hoping that he does play because, as much of a 'Fins-fan that I am, I would still love the opportunity to see #4 play in Lambeau Field- even if I will be hoping that he's only 50% effective and gets run over by JT and the boys. :D

Favre is the ultimate gamer and if he was walking into the press conference he will be playing. I would love him in Miami. He has earned all my respect and will be disappointed if he doesn't play in this game. It wouldn't seem right to beat them and Favre not play. It should be a very good game and look forward to see how they match up against us. Favre on Mondays is a complete stud, but Miami is also awesome on Mondays. Should be one of the best Monday night matchups this year. Can't wait.

Originally posted by Expo88
I just got done watching NFL Tonight and they said they expect Favre to play but he does have a torn MCL which is not a good thing as I've damaged mine previously. The thing about the MCL is that it should allow him to move north and south without and kind of problem, and should also be able to run without too much difficulty.

The problems will arise when he move laterally and/or tries any kind of hard stopping movements, while moving forward, with that knee. This is where the problem arises and where he could do some serious damage that may cost him more games down the road.

I also have to agree with the Pack fans here that Favre is not one to worry too much about an "Iron Man" streak. More that likely he really feels as though he can press through this thing and play well enough to compete.

I'll be at this game so I for one, am actually hoping that he does play because, as much of a 'Fins-fan that I am, I would still love the opportunity to see #4 play in Lambeau Field- even if I will be hoping that he's only 50% effective and gets run over by JT and the boys. :D

Where are you guys getting your information? No one ever said he had a torn MCL, in fact quite the opposite. The MRI showed that both his MCL and ACL are in tact. The injury is to his LCL, and there is no clear answer as to whether it's torn or stretched, I've heard both reported.

Let me clear up a few things here. One, no Favre is not 100%, even Sherman said that. The only question is whether or not his current state puts him at greater risk for a season ending injury, and if so, how much greater. Favre probably is a little apprehensive about the possibility of not playing, he's said it all season that this year is their best chance for another appearance in the SB.

The statement that Favre has a torn MCL is simply wrong, probably just a misunderstanding on your part. The statement that Favre "has not really shown the docs that he is healing up anytime quick" is also not true. All indications from Sherman this week are that his recovery is going very well. That's my point here. Opinions and speculation are fine with me, I may not agree but I'm not worried about that. However when you guys are saying things that aren't true like they are facts, then I do jump in.

Originally posted by MGD
Where are you guys getting your information? No one ever said he had a torn MCL, in fact quite the opposite. The MRI showed that both his MCL and ACL are in tact. The injury is to his LCL, and there is no clear answer as to whether it's torn or stretched, I've heard both reported.

Let me clear up a few things here. One, no Favre is not 100%, even Sherman said that. The only question is whether or not his current state puts him at greater risk for a season ending injury, and if so, how much greater. Favre probably is a little apprehensive about the possibility of not playing, he's said it all season that this year is their best chance for another appearance in the SB.

The statement that Favre has a torn MCL is simply wrong, probably just a misunderstanding on your part. The statement that Favre "has not really shown the docs that he is healing up anytime quick" is also not true. All indications from Sherman this week are that his recovery is going very well. That's my point here. Opinions and speculation are fine with me, I may not agree but I'm not worried about that. However when you guys are saying things that aren't true like they are facts, then I do jump in.

Bro, if you would take half a second to actully read the posts you'd know where I'm getting the information... NFL TONIGHT . Are we clear on the source of this information now? I'll take the the guys at NFL Tonight's word on Favre's injury over the word of a random Pack fan on a 'Fins MB any day of the week thank you very much.

DUDE, I watched NFL 2 Night twice today (at 4:00 and 6:00 CST) and never did they say MCL. No one has reported MCL that I've seen. Favre's MCL is fine, it is his LCL.

Since you don't trust me to know what is going on with my own team, let me give you a few sources for this information:

MRI confirms LCL Sprain - From Packers.com

Injury won't bring Favre to his knees - From JSOnline.com

MRI Confirms that Favre's injury is not that Serious - From ESPN.com

Note that each and every one of these says LCL (Lateral Collateral Ligament)

LOL, well Dan's legs were about 70% artificial towards the end of his playing days. Word has it that he needed help crossing the road. However, come game time, he was out there slingin' it.
If Favre can walk, he will play.

Back
Top Bottom