Brett Kollmann - Tua Tagovailoa is a system QB | Page 4 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Brett Kollmann - Tua Tagovailoa is a system QB

In 2020, every QB is a system QB. We aren’t playing street ball anymore.
This is true. Aaron Rodgers is the last QB that bears any semblance to the great QBs of yore where they “were the system”.

I would hope any intelligent coach would try to build a system to cater to his QB's strengths. Tua is short and doesn't have a cannon for an arm. I can see them leaning on the RPO stuff early because of his familiarity with it and the general simplicity but the objective has to be to move away from that. Even when they're running RPO I'd guess the mandate will be that he gets down or gets out of bounds whenever he decides to take off.

To me the more important aspect is finding players that can manipulate the system on the fly and being able to read the situation the same way as their QB. Brady had either Brown, Welker, or Edelman pretty much his whole career. I don't know if that player exists on the Dolphin's roster.

Have u tried the Impossible Whopper yet? It’s pretty good.

1590692843404.png

I never asked for an Impossible Whopper. My issue with said Whopper I am returning is non-negotiable and based purely on the criteria set forth by your own staff...

This is true. Aaron Rodgers is the last QB that bears any semblance to the great QBs of yore where they “were the system”.
Russell Wilson is the system so is mahomes and Tua was good in 3 very different offenses. I think Tua doesn’t need a system but it would help

Pretty liberal use of the term system QB.

But it's pretty hilarious that if you remove the term from the video and only leave his evaluation of Tua and the Brees comparisons, everyone getting their panties in a bunch over this would be over the moon level hyped by what this guy is saying.

Most bashing it don't even seem to have watched it simply due to the title. Some people here are so naturally defensive, I think the Fins should give them a shot at Free Safety.

Very nice breakdown... I think he's genuinely under estimating Tua's arm but thats about it...

As for the "System QB" title and the "Not as talented as others in the division" well I can only give him props... Those are well thought out key words that'll get attention which he can also back peddal out of pretty easily. System QB is the most obvious one as even Tua fans on here just flat out ignored the video because of it, Im pretty sure the following discussion in this thread made them watch it anyway after all and realized he pack peddaled his way out of it throughout the video... "... That being said, almost all top QBs are system QBs...". Well done. :lol:

always thought the kid has a somewhat "weak" arm -- can't argue that.

Actually, you can. Cause it’s hogwash. In some of predraft threads I posted throws that a supposed weak armed QB wouldn’t be able to make.

I’m not saying he‘s John Elway or should be considered a strong armed QB, but he’s surely not weak.

That’s a complete joke.

I truly don't understand this opinion. There is video of Tua on YouTube showing him working through his progressions on a play, and throwing to his fourth option. Someone who throws to his fourth option is not a system quarterback. That is a quarterback who has a high football IQ, and exactly what the Dolphins need for their future.

Some people need to rewatch Tua play. I watched all of Tua’s games after we drafted him. Tua is a special talent. My hooe is that he learns how to protect himself.

Back
Top Bottom