Brett Kollmann - Tua Tagovailoa is a system QB | Page 7 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Brett Kollmann - Tua Tagovailoa is a system QB

Woah Mr Keyboard Commando, explain your initial attack. ”Probably knows more about football than you do...”

Explain away, the world is waiting.

Considering the author of the video put out a researched and well thought out analysis of Tua and your initial reaction was shitting on it, I'm going to take a wild guess that you both didn't watch it, and couldn't articulate anything remotely close to it.

Considering the author of the video put out a researched and well thought out analysis of Tua and your initial reaction was ****ting on it, I'm going to take a wild guess that you both didn't watch it, and couldn't articulate anything remotely close to it.

Haha, that’s all you got? A nobody posted a video although it was well thought out it’s still only an opinion and I disagree and stated so. Yet you know more so let’s hear it.....

I am not the biggest Tua fan on this board (obviously), however, Montana did not have a "strong" arm either.

If my choices are BREES,MANNING or MONTANA vs KYLE BOLLER (threw end zone to end zone from his knees at the combine), BROWNING NAGEL, JEFF GEORGE, JAY CUTLER....well the choice is pretty obvious.

Hell, the best QB the dolphins have had since Marino was Chad Pennington, whom most of us would give an appendage to have in his prime and not injury prone.

I've heard morons say the same thing about Joe Montana and Tom Brady. It's funny, though...if you stuck Koy Detmer or John Beck into that "system", why aren't they going into the hall of fame???

Montana's own coach basically said he was a system QB. It just so happened that his skill set fit the system perfectly. That is why you can't just plug and play guys and have immediate success every time. Some QB's would have thrived no matter the system (Marino, Peyton Manning, Elway, etc). Others can have great success in an offense that suits their physical talents, such as Montana in the west coast system (good footwork without a cannon arm).

One of the great moments of the 30 for 30 Elway To Marino is the mention of the potential trade briefly discussed between the 49ers and Colts that would have sent Joe Montana to Baltimore in exchange for the rights to John Elway (I read about that trade proposal once before somewhere). In Tom Selleck's narration, he reads "...explored a trade that would, today, be unthinkable". That part always irks me some (and to dispel any misunderstanding, I have zero issues with Selleck as he was only reading what he was told). Why is that so unthinkable? To me, the only unthinkable part of that trade was the 49ers offer. Baltimore was in a terrible spot, which may explain why the 49ers tried to fleece them for Elway :) If I was Bill Walsh (or whoever else was talking to Baltimore) and was able to get John Elway in exchange for only Joe Montana and a first round pick, I would have been ecstatic. NFL history would have been much different. The 49ers would have won at least a few more Super Bowls than they did. Montana would have been a solid QB in Baltimore that never came close to sniffing another Super Bowl. The 49ers dominate the remainder of the 80's and 90's with Elway. The Cowboys dynasty never happens (they can't get past the Elway-led 49ers). Bill Walsh has no need to trade for Steve Young (he has a good career in the NFL without a Super Bowl title). The 49ers win three straight from 88-90 (perhaps they win one in 1987 as well, making it 4 straight).

Last edited:
Haha, that’s all you got? A nobody posted a video although it was well thought out it’s still only an opinion and I disagree and stated so. Yet you know more so let’s hear it.....

you disagreed with the video title and didn't bother to watch it. i'm not the one claiming football brilliance, but you surely seem to think you know more than the video author so i'll be waiting for that analysis.

you disagreed with the video title and didn't bother to watch it. i'm not the one claiming football brilliance, but you surely seem to think you know more than the video author so i'll be waiting for that analysis.

Stop eating paint chips dude. Your post and pathetic comeback makes zero sense as I have watched the video. It’s clear you’re ignoring my demand, you are following me around yet you can’t prove yourself. You’re just taking up space on this fine planet. Welcome to my ignore list

Stop eating paint chips dude. Your post and pathetic comeback makes zero sense as I have watched the video. It’s clear you’re ignoring my demand, you are following me around yet you can’t prove yourself. You’re just taking up space on this fine planet. Welcome to my ignore list

Oh, so you disagree or think it's a point of contention that the video author compared Tua to Drew Brees? Care to elaborate? Who should Tua be compared to? What should Tua's expectation in the league be? Is he not a good fit for this system? Words, dude. You can do it.

And what was your initial demand? That I prove he knows more about football than you? That's why I asked you to show some work or film study or analysis. If this guy is a waste of time, let's see something better that you can produce.

The title is definitely click-baity (it worked), nonetheless the video is very well put together. I think what tends to happen here on FInheaven is that people find these videos that have no bias towards a team/player and give their personal evaluation of him. The video then ends up on here and people act like this video was purposely made to land on Finheaven and take shots at the player and team who drafted him.

Just because you may not agree with this guy's opinion ( i don't agree with everything he said) he articulated his reason why and packaged it together with some nice supportive points.

Also one last point, just because you've never heard of someone doesn't mean they aren't worth listening to. I'd rather listen to guy's on Youtube who actually understand football than 98% of the guys on cable.

Final Example i'll leave you with is this kid Zach ShomlerI found one day on Youtube who runs StrongOpinionSports. Again I don't agree with all of his assessments but his content is fantastic. Give it a shot if you haven't already.

Back
Top Bottom