Brett Kollmann - Tua Tagovailoa is a system QB | Page 6 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Brett Kollmann - Tua Tagovailoa is a system QB

In fairness the whole title if the video is Tua is a system qb and thats okay.

But even then to assume someone is a troll just based off of a title of a post is not fair. And honestly calling anybody a troll before listening to their view point is wrong too especially if they in the end are very complimentary of a player but do mention concerns and explain them.

Disagree with his post? Fine that is your opinion. But personally I feel your reaction. Was uncalled for

That's fine, you don't have to agree with what I said. Troll may have been harsh in this case, this guy may not be as bad as the others, but I i'm still fed up of the fake drama being built up around Tua stories to drive clicks - whether its coming from the likes of Tannenbaum or random youtubers.

Plenty of 'journalists' like Simms are using the interest in Tua to drive clicks via dramatic headlines and i'm not going to give them the ad revenue these claims are designed to bring in. If you want to watch it all that's your prerogative. Thinking that a headline of this nature aren't designed to drive clicks seems naive to me though.

Last edited:
The limited arm take is simply wrong.

That's all that needs to be said. Move on.

Gentleman I ask everyone not to get personal so those posts were deleted

Please get back to discussing the thread topic and not each other

Thanks in advance for your cooperation

So defensive when anyone isn't worshiping Tua as perfect. Watch the video before you throw up your wall, he does nothing but praise the kid. There's nothing wrong with staying a fact about a player. Everyone isn't perfect in every single category.

Well, he is perfect.

Wait, you don't worship him? Shame on you!

Honestly, can't you say that about most quarterbacks? I think Brady is a systems quarterback and he's talked about as one of the best to ever play.

He gave a lot of good analysis of Tua and I really don’t have an issue of him calling him a “system qb.” What I do take issue with is:

1. Saying he’s not an elite prospect.

Tua is an elite prospect due to his processing and accuracy.

2. Saying he’ll likely never be a top 5 QB.

QB’s who can throw with anticipation and read the entire field quickly are very likely to be top 5 QB’s

3. Saying he’s not as talented as the other qbs in our division but might have the best career when all is said and done.

Which qb in the AFC east has an elite talent? Darnold has very good arm strength, but definitely not Rodgers or Mahomes level. Allen is a good improviser and scrambler but he’s hardly Wilson or Jackson.

Probably knows more about football than you do...

And why is that? Because he made a video? Aren’t you the gullible one. I know one thing, I’ve seen you post and I know more football than you. See what I did there? I’m sure it wasnt worth it hahaha

Gill Brandt and Bill Polin both have said that about 95% of all QB's are a system QB. There are very few players at any position that are cookie cutter. If you want any QB to thrive put him an system that works best for his talents. That's why Tannehill never worked in Miami. They always wanted him to work in their system and not change the system to fit him.

Tua is absolutely a system QB, so if Miami puts the system in place that he thrives in, there should be no reason he wont in Miami.

The limited arm take is simply wrong.

That's all that needs to be said. Move on.

No, that was a fair assessment. However, that doesn't mean Tua can't be effective and Kollman said that. The key is we need wide receivers who can beat the jam and get off the line quickly because Tua's strength is anticipation and accuracy. The hell with those 50 yarders. Tua will carve those short and intermediate routes up.

No, that was a fair assessment. However, that doesn't mean Tua can't be effective and Kollman said that. The key is we need wide receivers who can beat the jam and get off the line quickly because Tua's strength is anticipation and accuracy. The hell with those 50 yarders. Tua will carve those short and intermediate routes up.

Except Tua can throw 50 yarders.

Brett said nothing I haven't already said on this forum already ( Brees Comp,arm limitations,needs to be in the right system). Hopefully Gailey can optimize his skillset.
Gaileys been running RPO since Kordell Stewert days. Sure it will work out great.

whatever, click bait title (by video creator). great qbs are the system... thats all there is to it. you cant teach in play processing and ball placement. to say he is the least talented qb in the division......wtf are you talking about lol bust be a bills or jets fan

Last edited:
And why is that? Because he made a video? Aren’t you the gullible one. I know one thing, I’ve seen you post and I know more football than you. See what I did there? I’m sure it wasnt worth it hahaha

let's hear about those x's and o's then, champ

Back
Top Bottom