Brian Flores Arms Self With Powerful Weapon Other Dolphins Coaches Didn’t Utilize | Page 3 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Brian Flores Arms Self With Powerful Weapon Other Dolphins Coaches Didn’t Utilize

so essentially you're saying that Jets fans who read this board shouldn't trust any opinions here about Dowell Logains, or Gase for that matter cuz fans opinions are most often unreliable?

Opinions about their skill? That's perfectly reasonable. Opinions about the long term decisions regarding the future of the organization ? Probably not.

But not sure why you decided to focus on that one sentence of my comment. The rest of it was far more relevant.

Opinions about their skill? That's perfectly reasonable. Opinions about the long term decisions regarding the future of the organization ? Probably not.

But not sure why you decided to focus on that one sentence of my comment. The rest of it was far more relevant.
Because most HCs hire "colleagues &associates" they are familiar with and have confidence in from seeing them up close and personal. Use of the word "crony" is more disparaging IMO and would have done Belichik a disservice when Parcells brought him back to the Jets. The fact that Flores has reached outside of his narrow NE universe for the majority of his coaches speaks well for his objective decision making. Or maybe it's because O'Shea is one of my personal fAvorite hires after watching all his receivers get free and now knowing he was next in line for McDaniel's job.

Because most HCs hire "colleagues &associates" they are familiar with and have confidence in from seeing them up close and personal. Use of the word "crony" is more disparaging IMO and would have done Belichik a disservice when Parcells brought him back to the Jets. The fact that Flores has reached outside of his narrow NE universe for the majority of his coaches speaks well for his objective decision making. Or maybe it's because O'Shea is one of my personal fAvorite hires after watching all his receivers get free and now knowing he was next in line for McDaniel's job.

Sounds like it's the original poster I replied to you should be responding to then, he's the one who brought up the cronie thing. I was just keeping him consistent, not disparaging the act .

Flores has, according to multiple reports, been trying to hire NFL veteran coaches Jim Caldwell and Dom Capers.

https://www.miamiherald.com/sports/spt-columns-blogs/armando-salguero/article225643750.html

This is the biggest reason IMO most first time coaches fail. They seem to be scared to put someone on their staff that has been there and could come across as a threat to them. Hiring veteran coaches, especially those that have been HC's is HUGE, I mean I don't think you can measure the value of what it means. This is great news and I am starting to like Flores the more I read and hear about him...of curse the proof will be in the puddin...

What a concept - instead of hiring his cronies sounds like he's interested in guys that have a ton of experience coaching football.
He's doing both - aside from these two it's almost exclusively guys being promoted from their roles with the Pats.

Except for the fact that he hired a cronie with no coordinating experience to be his offensive coordinator. Hope it works out, but let's see how the coaching staff looks when it's all final before making judgments one way or the other. I would like Caldwell on the staff for sure. Capers I'm more iffy on. Cant knock his experience but I work with a lot of Packers fans and they soured on him quite a bit.

Fair enough on Caldwell as a coordinator. He was an OC only briefly but either way my main point is he has some old football hands at those positions. We've had alot of supposed up and comers lately, including Flores himself, so I like that he chose veterans to surround himself with.

And you're right, could go any which way, but we gotta talk about something! I like the moves and at this point we can only hope it works out.

So didn’t Gase say he was denied the ability to bring in veteran coordinators?? Didn’t he also say that he was pretty much forced to take full control of the roster? But didn’t he also say he wanted that control many times over his coaching time in Miami? And if Ross loved Gase and thought he was a young Shula then why would he deny him good coordinators?? The final year of Gase doesn’t make any sense. Anyways I’m glad that Flores is getting good coordinators because Loggains and Burke had to be the weakest DC/ OC combo in the nfl.

So didn’t Gase say he was denied the ability to bring in veteran coordinators?? Didn’t he also say that he was pretty much forced to take full control of the roster? But didn’t he also say he wanted that control many times over his coaching time in Miami? And if Ross loved Gase and thought he was a young Shula then why would he deny him good coordinators?? The final year of Gase doesn’t make any sense. Anyways I’m glad that Flores is getting good coordinators because Loggains and Burke had to be the weakest DC/ OC combo in the nfl.

I'm not sure if you are aware of this, but Gase lies through his teeth.

Back
Top Bottom