Brian Flores believes “there’s a way” to work things out with Xavien Howard | Page 9 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Brian Flores believes “there’s a way” to work things out with Xavien Howard

Spoiled rich child.
His attitude will get him hurt if he goes half speed.

Not a fan of the X attitude simply because you accept the terms of a deal when you sign the contract. Not only that but because you are not a Lawyer and book smart you have a hired hand ( Agent) to guide you through the process before you sign the contract. Yet you still decide you can ignore all of that and balk at 85 million dollars?

Not a fan of the X

Yeah it's pretty much a burnt bridge now. But this also makes me think there may be some difference of opinions on ex in the staff...

gotta deal with this like real life. Flores is yes trying to stop the hemoraging but if it is indeed over 4 mill then that can be revisited. The guy is showing up to camp, i dont think it is because he doesnt want to be fined. He wants to be there and still show he wants to be there. To me, if its over 4 mill, its a guy that wants to feel appreciated all over again. I think its worth to pay the man the little 4 mill honestly. Its not like he doesnt deserve it. Even though X said what he said on instagram, people can still change their minds. Now that hes shown he wants out, i dont think miami is going to get what they could have had, had he not done that. It is in their best interest to work with the guy. Its only right.

We all know Master Flo has a MASSIVE hard-on for secondary players, and losing X will be a huge blow to the unit he obviously sees as most important(rightfully so, IMO). Doesn't seem like Grier disagrees.

We either forget about X's whining and continue to work something out or sit his ass, unless someone offers a 1st and then some. Because we also do know Flo is a no non-sense guy. What will prevail his quest for a defense occupied by entirely secondary positions or his inner badass? Time shall show, but I hope X stays personally. Perhaps X should read the memoir "How Le'Veon Bell took his career to Hell"

Rodgers has been saying dumber **** for two seasons now, and where is he? GB, same place he was when he started crying. But he isn't stupid enough to sit and not play.

i wouldn't characterize guaranteeing 18 million dollars per year for three years to a 28 year old player as "supercalifragilisticexpialidocious super duper wow amaze abundantly friendly reasonable cap friendly team friendly wow amaze" proposal as X did in his little IG diatribe.

(and even if we did something like that, our cap flexibility would be fine).
He’s not owed more than 12.8mil per year. And he just wants next year guaranteed.

All I’ve seen X do is play hard, train hard, and get his hands on the ball. I personally feel that Gase and his regime completely mishandled a couple of injuries because he didn’t give a **** about player health or safety. X was one and Parker was another. So don’t act like he busted his knee water skiing. He was injured and he was named the starter. He had surgery and probably came back too soon. He played a full season the following year but my guess is that something wasn’t right.

I can’t understand how anyone can have a problem with what he’s asking the team to do. Everyone acts likes the guy has 50mil sitting in the bank. He’s only earned about 30 mil of that record contract. And he’s probably sitting on about 12mil in his paycheck up to this point. He’s not looking to make 100mil like Jones is on pace to make. Or 135mil like Ramsey will make. He will be lucky to see half of that and keep 20 mil to live on for the rest of his life. He isn’t asking for anything he doesn’t deserve and he doesn’t seem like the type to mail it in after he signs. He’s a competitor and a good teammate. Am I missing something? I just don’t think his actions justify the hate.

I agree with not wanting to set a bad precedent regarding restructuring deals.

Flo has shown that everyone must earn their spot regardless of anything except play. So, why not pay the players who earn those spots and set the precedent that if you outperform your contract, regardless of size or time, you'll definitely be paid accordingly.

As part of any package the Phins might offer X... the best offer would be to guarantee next year's money. One extra year.

Why? What the heck does ONE extra year get us? A SB? Unlikely, rip the bandaide now. Throw the kid in Iggy in there. One extra year of experience and let’s us know if CB is going to be a high need the following season.

We all know Master Flo has a MASSIVE hard-on for secondary players, and losing X will be a huge blow to the unit he obviously sees as most important(rightfully so, IMO). Doesn't seem like Grier disagrees.

We either forget about X's whining and continue to work something out or sit his ***, unless someone offers a 1st and then some. Because we also do know Flo is a no non-sense guy. What will prevail his quest for a defense occupied by entirely secondary positions or his inner badass? Time shall show, but I hope X stays personally. Perhaps X should read the memoir "How Le'Veon Bell took his career to Hell"

Rodgers has been saying dumber **** for two seasons now, and where is he? GB, same place he was when he started crying. But he isn't stupid enough to sit and not play.

What Rodgers said over the last two years was a damning and damaging view of the coaching in Green Bay. He was right about the problem and wrong in going public with it. Even then he was not dumb enough to lie or contradict himself.

What "X" claimed publicly was just plain bogus.

When he said he didn't understand his contract, I knew not to rely on anything he said. What was even dumber, he wrote it down and published it on "social media". This means he knew exactly what he was saying and was too ignorant to see he locked himself up in self contradictions.

In a word, he lied; both publicly and intentionally.

Get rid of this MORON as soon as possible.

Back
Top Bottom