Brian Flores: I’m worried about getting players better, not my job security | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Brian Flores: I’m worried about getting players better, not my job security

Clearly there is something wrong. He doesn’t show any passion like he did his first 2 years. He seems lifeless.
Exactly. He appears defeated and resigned to failure. Buffalo just bytch slapped us and punched us in the mouth yet again and we just rolled over and took it. This team has taken on Flores personality and that’s not a good thing.

Needs to focus on getting his hand picked coaching staff better. How can the players develop and improve if the staff is filled with i9 Sports parent volunteers?

go-away-gtfo.gif

While coaching is no doubt terrible, there is a pretty obvious difference. QB.

People need to realize Tua actually has better numbers this year than he did last year with Chan.

The offense sucked last year, but could at least score somewhat with Fitz. When Tua came in we didn’t score. This year the offense sucks again, and we’re still not scoring. At some point gotta look at Occams razor.
He is healthier and has an extra year of experience, thus an improvement is production.

I still think Chan saw Tua for what he was and wanted little part of the impending blame when he didn't turn out to be a viable NFL starter.

Clearly there is something wrong. He doesn’t show any passion like he did his first 2 years. He seems lifeless.
Getting beat down on a regular basis, when expectations are high will do that.

I'm sure he's as disappointed as the rest of us.

The difference is, it is his own shortcomings that caused this.

If it were just a case of bad breaks, etc I could give some leeway, but drive killing penalties, guys not knowing where to line up, baffleing play calls, and lack of in game adjustments fall squarely on the HC.

He is healthier and has an extra year of experience, thus an improvement is production.

I still think Chan saw Tua for what he was and wanted little part of the impending blame when he didn't turn out to be a viable NFL starter.
Agreed that is definitely a major factor as well. And I do think Chan’s schemes were marginally better than we see this year.

My point is just that replacing Chan isn’t the biggest problem with the offenses regression IMO.

Getting beat down on a regular basis, when expectations are high will do that.

I'm sure he's as disappointed as the rest of us.

The difference is, it is his own shortcomings that caused this.

If it were just a case of bad breaks, etc I could give some leeway, but drive killing penalties, guys not knowing where to line up, baffleing play calls, and lack of in game adjustments fall squarely on the HC.
You’re correct. But I think there is more behind this than just horrible performance. Either a family/health issue or there is major issues with Ross/ Grier. No matter what, its bad for the Phins.

You’re correct. But I think there is more behind this than just horrible performance. Either a family/health issue or there is major issues with Ross/ Grier. No matter what, its bad for the Phins.
The idea of a rift between Flores and Grier has also crossed my mind.

That isn't a valid excuse for what is going on though. They are supposed to be professionals.

This whole season has been "off". The 2nd half coming out flat time and time again , the offense looking like a high school team yesterday, the weird challenges from previous games, they even turned down a bye after the London game, what organization does that?

I think changes are needed and this is a good week to do it IMO

I wouldn't see Chan's position as an indictment of Tua necessarily. There were exceptional circumstances last year that made the move just really dumb. There was no preseason to get a rookie prepared for the speed of the NFL game, and on top of that Tua was coming off a career threatening injury and wasn't even really expected to play football last year when he was drafted. Fitz and Tua were just completely different play styles and skillsets and you wouldn't, and couldn't, ask a rookie to play the same way that Fitz did.

But as I said at the time, and was blasted by the people who believe the young QB prospect will always play better just because he can make throws that the journeyman veteran can't just because of some innate physical talent, the line and the offense was just not ready to facilitate what a young QB needed to develop. It was only Fitz's veteran processing speed and willingness to cut a throw loose sometimes recklessly that led to the line not giving up more sacks.

I'm sure plenty of offensive coordinators have had some choice words when they were told they had to bring along a rookie QB instead of a vet. There have been very few guys who have ever had such an inexperienced line. Only one I can think of that was worse happens to be when O'Shea was tasked with bringing along Rosen (not a rookie but still young) with street free agents starting at almost all positions.

Flores can't come back. No quality assistants will come into a lame duck regime.

The one good coaching move that Ross made was ripping the bandaid on Gase in the offseason, rather than giving him more time to fail. With Sparano and Philbin, Ross prayed things would get better with one more year. They didn't.

Back
Top Bottom