Brian Flores Interview | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Brian Flores Interview

Serik

Active Roster
Reaction score
I've been reluctant to share an opinion on him- but after watching all of his interviews I'm really impressed with how humble he seems to be.
He reminds me a lot of Dan Campbell, a players coach! "Willing to get in the trenches" and listen to players- but also demand a team effort.

I think we have a winner @ head coach here. Regardless of wins and losses this year, he has my utmost respect and full support.
I'm an official fan!

Me too Serik. I'm pulling hard for him, not just because he's the new coach. Great guy & attitude. Very refreshing from the PHILBINs & GASE's. I really hope he's the next MAN. Fingers crossed.

Listening now...

"chris simms unbuttoned" ... he should have his shirt unbuttoned for the interview lol :lol:

I like him too. Would have been nice if the interview wasn't about the Cheats, though.

Not sure that guy does a lot of beer drinking.

He'd probably make us pick up the tab.

That was the best interview I've seen of him so far.

He was relaxed & his personality really came through, loud & clear.

Reshad better clean up his attitude or things are going to get very unpleasant for him... Real Quick.

Being a good person and a good football coach aren't mutually exclusive.

I have little doubt in Brian Flores, the person.

However, Brian Flores the football coach has some monumental odds to overcome.

Very true. People need to keep their expectations low and hope for the best. We all get way too optimistic for every single coach and then 4 years later we trash him.

I don't see Flores as anything more than a shot in the dark. He's easily one of if not the least experienced head coaches in the league. And I'm hesitant to put too much stock in the Superbowl performance. Everyone knows Bellichek has been churning those out for a decade. Maybe Flores deserves the bulk of the credit. We don't know. But I kind of doubt it.

Being a good person and a good football coach aren't mutually exclusive.

I have little doubt in Brian Flores, the person.

However, Brian Flores the football coach has some monumental odds to overcome.

I agree. Everyone should remain levelheaded. This is most likely going to be a bumpy ride.

On the other hand, now should be the time to be excited and have hope. Living for today, it's a good day to have hope. Come season, that bumpy ride might end in disappointment. So enjoy today and believe the future is bright- have hope.

Idk. Maybe I just don’t see it. He seems like a good dude and his backstory is great. But other then that ,what is is so impressive? I haven’t heard any of these interviews talk about the present. Him coaching the Dolphins. It’s always about his time in New England and his story growing up.

I honestly think that is all great ,but it does not mean he will be a good coach. Huge factor is getting the right qb. Trust me if gase had the right qb things would have turned out differently here.

Brian Flores will win if he has a great qb not because he was on New England staff or his struggles growing up.

I honestly think people irrationally hated gase too much. I am not saying you had to like him but the hate was over the top . Which is now translating to everyone thinking they like Flores so much.

My question is what has he done ? I am In a wait and see mode. I hope like hell he wins but I am going to hold him and gier to wins and losses including this year. They might lose but they shouldn’t be getting man handled and they shouldn’t lose more then 11 games.
Hell the jets tanked and fielded a tough team 2017. The bills tried to tank and made the playoffs 2017 I expect results just like everyone else did with the previous regime.

Look up Brownsville area of Brooklyn. Flores grew up having to whoop ass or be whooped.
I’m cautiously optimistic and believe if he can impress his class and team-first approach onto his players we are going to be a tough team in the near future.

Back
Top Bottom