Brian Flores is Sabotaging His Career | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Brian Flores is Sabotaging His Career

You have to keep a level head.

I specifically stated that we found ourselves a head coach. But we have lost the team in the second half of 2 games that could've been a victory.

I don't care how much I love Flores and if you've ever read any of my prior posts on Flores you would know that it's a plethora. I'm going to wear both shoes because the intelligent mind should be able to hold opposing thoughts. For example; there is a God, there might not be a God (sorry to get religious).

I'm not stating that you are unintelligent and if you'd know me in person you would see that I am more of a caveman than I am smart. But the rose-colored glasses always seem to come on for the unapologetic fans that become infatuated with the shiny thing.

We have what appears to be a very good head coach. And I'm all in.

But forgive me for not crowning him yet despite me being in love with him. Even Ross said if it takes 5 years.

Gase took us to the playoffs his first year. Look how that turned out.

The problem is the fans want it now. Right now. You won't give a player a few years to see what he is and Flores off of 2 wins is already the man.

Chill out. Time will tell.

As of this moment, it seems as though we found ourselves a real head coach.

Don't disagree with any of that, and I'm not anointing Flo. I don't read all posts because I don't have an interest in all threads, but of those I read, I've seen your posts often. I think my problem is, while I respond to one poster, I tend to reply to all posters and all opinions, thus, sometime the poster thinks I'm talking to them specifically. I'm not. I'm on both sides of the fence on many topics - you pick one, I can argue the other side. I DON'T like those obsessed with one side and refusing to admit legitimate points of others.

That done (and I don't know where you stand on this), it is a sign of extreme prejudice to predict Miami will lose a game and, post game, come up with excuses for the win. PARTICULARLY two in a row. That's an agenda. Flo gets props for that. The flip side is, at some point, a team is going to find a weakness - a flaw in strategy, the weakest player - and exploit it. Fans don't yet know how, and if, Flo and staff can adjust to that, That's the next hurdle. Gase was exposed and had no answer. Flo needs to show he does.

To topic, I fail to see how a coach wining games he shouldn't with a team of scrubs, is sabotaging his career. In fact, I think, were Flo to be fired, he'd get a LOT of offers.

It's a fine read but a little too rosy and confident. I agree the improvement on the field is encouraging, but let's see if that improvement (not necessarily the winning) is consistent or holds up against a little stiffer competition before leaping onto the bandwagon.
Like someone else said: we have one of the worst rosters. Everybody said so: the media, other NFL teams, our own fans. We were/are totally devoid of any NFL talent. We were underdogs at home against a 1-6 Jets team and double digit underdogs in Indianapolis which was 5-3, came home from a close loss in Pittsburgh in which their "shitty" backup QB threw for 3TDs, 1INT with a 65% completion rate.

I said from the beginning of the season that evaluating the coaching staff is beyond wins and losses. The improvement over the course of the season are there. Every single game. We dominated Pittsburgh (on Monday Night no less) and Buffalo in the 1st halves. Not only on the score board but also based on every stat and every play. Both home crowds were booing the living **** out of their own teams. The problem was that this team was/is so devoid of talent that we could not overcome individual mistakes and bad plays and were unable to turn the momentum back towards us. It held true for the loss in Pittsburgh after the 3rd and 27 botched call and it held true for that INT on a drive which lasted 10 minutes (!!!!!) and featured a faked FG.

If we played the Colts game 3 weeks earlier we would have lost the game: with or without Hoyer starting. We made enough mistakes and goofball plays (especially on offense) that a few weeks earlier we would not have recovered. But the last game we fought through it for the first time.

We may not win another game but as long as there is progress it is a positive. We may win 4 out of the last 7. But like I said "wins and losses" cannot be used as an evaluation tool.

And one thing: our devoid of talent roster was also missing its starting RB and top talented WR in the last game and one of its to DBs (X) next to missing in action Jones. We still won.

I guess (from reading one of the other articles ) Flo believes he can turn a Herbert or a Fromm ..... into a SB winner

And who's to say he can't. You never really know who will be good to great QBs in the NFL.

Though I hope to see either Tua or Burrow become the next QB for the Dolphins, there will also be some talented QBs behind those two that with some work could be good to great pickups.

Miami is at 4, but people forget that along with a bunch of great QBs, there will also be a worthy #1 overall option at DE, there will be a receiver that can make an averge QB look better, and an O-Linemen that if you already haveba young QB that is learning, will help him grow.

The Redskins and the Jets have young QBs that can use a premium Receiver or O-Tackle to help them, so either team getting another QB in the 1st or trading away from being able to pickup a premium Receiver or Tackle might not be a given conclusion.

Still plenty of foorball still to be played, so Miami not having a chance at the two top QBs is not written in stone yet.

Don't disagree with any of that, and I'm not anointing Flo. I don't read all posts because I don't have an interest in all threads, but of those I read, I've seen your posts often. I think my problem is, while I respond to one poster, I tend to reply to all posters and all opinions, thus, sometime the poster thinks I'm talking to them specifically. I'm not. I'm on both sides of the fence on many topics - you pick one, I can argue the other side. I DON'T like those obsessed with one side and refusing to admit legitimate points of others.

That done (and I don't know where you stand on this), it is a sign of extreme prejudice to predict Miami will lose a game and, post game, come up with excuses for the win. PARTICULARLY two in a row. That's an agenda. Flo gets props for that. The flip side is, at some point, a team is going to find a weakness - a flaw in strategy, the weakest player - and exploit it. Fans don't yet know how, and if, Flo and staff can adjust to that, That's the next hurdle. Gase was exposed and had no answer. Flo needs to show he does.

To topic, I fail to see how a coach wining games he shouldn't with a team of scrubs, is sabotaging his career. In fact, I think, were Flo to be fired, he'd get a LOT of offers.

You're right, dude. With the talent currently on hand, 2 victories is quite impressive.

I honestly thought we would join the elite 5 of 0-16 teams. I really did. And we've contended in a couple of games and won a couple of games.

The way Flores has these guys growing from week to week is nothing short of amazing.

Great clickbait title but good article.

I’ve said in a number of threads he has the chops and moxy traits great coaches have. He embraced the struggle and puts in the work, people who watch and know football can see that this staff can coach its ass off.

Got a new challenge this week facing a team for the second time in a season for the first time. Eager to see what they learned and how they plan.

Biggest thing is he gets guys ready and puts people in a position to succeed with their skills. And the overall culture of discipline and effort will make any draft pick have a better chance to be successful. Finally good to feel like whoever we pick has a good chance to develop into their skills versus needing the best pick and highest perceived talent to maybe get better.

And who's to say he can't. You never really know who will be good to great QBs in the NFL.

Though I hope to see either Tua or Burrow become the next QB for the Dolphins, there will also be some talented QBs behind those two that with some work could be good to great pickups.

Miami is at 4, but people forget that along with a bunch of great QBs, there will also be a worthy #1 overall option at DE, there will be a receiver that can make an averge QB look better, and an O-Linemen that if you already haveba young QB that is learning, will help him grow.

The Redskins and the Jets have young QBs that can use a premium Receiver or O-Tackle to help them, so either team getting another QB in the 1st or trading away from being able to pickup a premium Receiver or Tackle might not be a given conclusion.

Still plenty of foorball still to be played, so Miami not having a chance at the two top QBs is not written in stone yet.

My interpretation was that he expects us to win more games and he doesn’t care how that affects the draft as there will be one good enough QB option available to him somewhere in the draft for him to work with

I guess (from reading one of the other articles ) Flo believes he can turn a Herbert or a Fromm ..... into a SB winner

I think our FO and coaching staff is hoping Fromm continues to slide relative to the other QB prospects. He looks like a system QB/game manager that would fit into a NE style offense perfectly. Odds are we’d be able to use a later 1st round pick to get him (at this point) too.

My interpretation was that he expects us to win more games and he doesn’t care how that affects the draft as there will be one good enough QB option available to him somewhere in the draft for him to work with

Yup, that's exactly his mentality, he's not there to help the team lose, but to win as much as possible.

Heck, I've stated that 5 victories should get him consideration for coach of the year.

You can take that as a joke but I'm serious.
there's truth in jest.

I've seen a team that many deemed "the worst of all time", riddled with injuries, getting smoked early on, yet getting better each week. They went from embarrassing, to meh, to not embarrassing anymore, to "wow! playing well", to "LOL@the Jests", to "Holy Sheets! two in a row?"

Flores and the staff deserve a lot of credit. There are some that are upset with the two wins, but I think they should be excited with the coaching (hell, I will NEVER pull for any team I pull for to lose). Yeah, there are some WTF moments but there's a heck of a lot more better moments. Our boys may not win another game, but I'm happy with what I've seen.

Its not about wins its about the ability to get better. Flores appears to be doing that. Sure it would great to get better and loose all the games to get those great picks. At this point though would you rather have all those great high round draft picks or a great coach. Pick your poisen.

I have passionately defended Colin. My parents immigrated from a place that could find you jailed or shot for any protest, even if it's a personal conversation with a friend. My grandfather was jailed 3 times simply because 2 of his brothers joined the revolution.

Blackballing Colin for peaceful protest in the land of the free, home of the brave was/is sickening. Even if he wore the socks of the man who took away my family's farms/land. They weren't rich but they were very well off.

Our forefathers fought very hard to give Colin the right to kneel, wear the socks, etc.

But I digress. No way, no how do I want that distraction. I don't care how good he may look.

What gets a GM and Coach fired the quickest in this league? Picking the wrong QB. You know what is not gonna matter next year? winning 3 games in 2019. You know what will matter? If we picked the right QB. So yeah, if we play ourselves out of the top two QBs in a year where playoffs are not possible then yeah he's putting his career on the line for 1 or 2 extra wins which means nothing at the end of this season. He had a get out of jail free card this year. Should have used it wisely.

Back
Top Bottom