Brian Flores is the next Bill Belichek | Page 5 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Brian Flores is the next Bill Belichek

No I am just a realist and it is clear as day this organization will never accomplish anything in our lifetimes.

And yes I am considering it. After we lose out on Burrow and Tua and they become all pros I will probably just stop being a fan of this team and enjoy football through fantasy and betting without any loyalty to a team.
fired Adam Gase and Mike Tannebaum although both were way too late. I also liked the Tunsil and Kiko Alonso trades
The fact that you think Gase was kept too long shows that you are far removed from reality. Adam Gase was fired in the most efficient way of firing a head coach while giving him an opportunity which he did not take.
Year 1: you do not fire a HC after making the playoffs in his first year
Year 2: his starting QB out for the year. Blemish: failed to get an adequate replacement. Hot seat. One more chance.
Year 3: failed with his starting QB and failed again to get an adequate backup. After the hot seat: Fired!

The fact that you think Gase was kept too long shows that you are far removed from reality. Adam Gase was fired in the most efficient way of firing a head coach while giving him an opportunity which he did not take.
Year 2: his starting QB out for the year. Blemish: failed to get an adequate replacement. Hot seat. One more chance.
Year 3: failed with his starting QB and failed again to get an adequate backup. After the hot seat: Fired!
:good:

I would basically agree with that.

The big mistake was hiring a guy of such limited experience to begin with.

Once he was here, however, the timeline was appropriate.

I would basically agree with that.

The big mistake was hiring a guy of such limited experience to begin with.

Once he was here, however, the timeline was appropriate.
Technically Flores has even less experience. The problem hiring a coach with any experience level from any previous coaching position is that nobody knows how that person transitions into an HC level. It is always a crap shot. The important thing is always: pull the trigger at the right time. The Dolphins did it at the perfect time. Gave him a chance. Did not come through. Gone.
Now the Jets on the other hand: they had a previous record to look at and they still hired him. Perfect coach for the Jets. :lol:

Technically Flores has even less experience. The problem hiring a coach with any experience level from any previous coaching position is that nobody knows how that person transitions into an HC level. It is always a crap shot. The important thing is always: pull the trigger at the right time. The Dolphins did it at the perfect time. Gave him a chance. Did not come through. Gone.
Now the Jets on the other hand: they had a previous record to look at and they still hired him. Perfect coach for the Jets. :lol:
I would disagree that Flores has less experience.

Perhaps not a lot as a coordinator, but I don't want my HC to be a coordinator.

Flores had experience in scouting, offensive and defensive assistant, worked with several different position groups along the way, etc.

He may not have a decade doing any one specific thing, but as far as overall knowledge about various aspects of coaching, he's light years ahead of Gase.

He also appears to be a natural leader of men. I never got that feeling with the Gasemeister.

I would disagree that Flores has less experience.

Perhaps not a lot as a coordinator, but I don't want my HC to be a coordinator.

Flores had experience in scouting, offensive and defensive assistant, worked with several different position groups along the way, etc.

He may not have a decade doing any one specific thing, but as far as overall knowledge about various aspects of coaching, he's light years ahead of Gase.

He also appears to be a natural leader of men. I never got that feeling with the Gasemeister.
Ah ok. I misunderstood you then. I thought you were referring to OC/DC experience.

The fact that Flores can compete at a high level when :
PFF rates Kalen Ballage seventh-worst among qualifying running backs (he has the worst per-carry average of any back with at least 10 carries, at 2.1), J’Marcus Webb worst among offensive tackles, Michael Deiter fourth-worst among guards, Wiltz fifth-worst among cornerbacks (though he played well the past two weeks) and Taco Charlton eighth-worst among edge defenders. - MHerald

Says a lot about the coach we have. Fingers crossed we could have sustainable success with the right draft and F A 'S.

NOT!!!! It is absolutely hilarious that the half of this forum that is happy the team is winning is 100% convinced that Flores is a great head coach. Probably the same half of the forum that was saying we dont need to draft a QB and Rosen is great a few weeks ago. We beat one of the worst coaches in the history of the NFL in Adam Gase that also has a really bad team and a mediocre team with its 3rd string QB. You think we could beat anybody with Jake Rudock and no Devante Parker hahaha. You people are seriously delusional.

At first I thought the Dolphins were purposely tanking in the 2nd half but the Steelers, Redskins and Bills and losses pretty apparent that Flores is not that great of head coach. If he was they wouldve won at least 1 or 2 of those games....

You know what Flores and no franchise QB gets us? an additional decade of 6-10 win purgatory with maybe one lucky wild card win at the very absolute best. Enjoy...

Have. You. Any. Idea. Of. The. Talent. On. The. Field? We're playing with guys I think LSU could beat.

You have eyes. Are you not watching consistent runs stuffed by the front? Are you not watching no name CBs making big plays? Parker, Gesicki coming to life? Most disciplined team in the league? Are you watching a team that has no quit In them?

I don't know about you but I sincerely thought we were not going to win a single game. Not 1. I'm not saying that for my point. It's the absolute truth.

And ALL of Finheaven, PLEASE STOP with all this BS that Gase is THE WORST coach in the league. He took us to the playoffs one year and KEPT US in the PLAYOFF HUNT late in the other seasons even last year when I think even our mascot was put on IR. We hate Gase for the bone-headed calls on 3rd and shorts, for the never ending screens, for his attitude/character, the fact that everyone labeled him a genius when he was just a guy.

And what had Belicheat done until he fell a$$ backwards into the greatest QB ever to play the game? And yes we Phin fans who saw one of the greatest to ever do it (bless you Dan) have to swallow that. Brady is the best to ever play. Belicheat has earned his glory because when he was given a gift he took it and ran all the way with it.

Flores is being given a lot of love because week after week, we've gotten better. We have not regressed, we've grown. And that is a sign of good coaching.

BTW, the way you acuse us of giving much love, I can accuse you of being at the other end of the spectrum- very much a hater.

Good Lord. And I though I had made some wild drunken posts.....

Flo is not the next Belichick. Or the next Shula.

He’s the first Flores.

And he’s got these guys playing. Over half these guys wouldn’t be playing anywhere if they weren’t playing for us. And Flo has them clicking. Playing with heart.

It has been many years since we’ve seen that. Many.

And you have a problem with this?

NOT!!!! It is absolutely hilarious that the half of this forum that is happy the team is winning is 100% convinced that Flores is a great head coach. Probably the same half of the forum that was saying we dont need to draft a QB and Rosen is great a few weeks ago. We beat one of the worst coaches in the history of the NFL in Adam Gase that also has a really bad team and a mediocre team with its 3rd string QB. You think we could beat anybody with Jake Rudock and no Devante Parker hahaha. You people are seriously delusional.

At first I thought the Dolphins were purposely tanking in the 2nd half but the Steelers, Redskins and Bills and losses pretty apparent that Flores is not that great of head coach. If he was they wouldve won at least 1 or 2 of those games....

You know what Flores and no franchise QB gets us? an additional decade of 6-10 win purgatory with maybe one lucky wild card win at the very absolute best. Enjoy...
1573619625041.png

Yeah this thread is insane, IF wonder if there was a Gase is the next bellicheck thread after that season we actually made the playoffs lol

Back
Top Bottom