Brian Flores May Be Sending A Message an I Like It | Page 5 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Brian Flores May Be Sending A Message an I Like It

Any "fans" indicting" Flo for anything at this point are absolute idiots IMO.
The man has proven MORE in 2 years with us than any coach we've had since
probably 1984. Maybe even before that. If you don't like the fact that he's
ruthless when it comes to the TEAM ------ and everything is in service to
THE TEAM and it's performance... Well you should move on IMO.

He's a ferocious competitor and he will do whatever is necessary to
make the team better. For sure he's gonna ruffle feathers and hurt
some folks along the way ------ but that's his job. And we are damn lucky
to have him!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

My opinion. Of course.

BNF
agree but Flo has to know that all glory is fleeting. Do a 6-10 next season and you will go from hero to goat. thats why he has to cover by drafting a QB, Wilson if available. If the Jets take Wilson then another QB later in the round or the next round.

agree but Flo has to know that all glory is fleeting. Do a 6-10 next season and you will go from hero to goat. thats why he has to cover by drafting a QB, Wilson if available. If the Jets take Wilson then another QB later in the round or the next round.
Unsure if you follow what folks around here post but what you describe is in support
of what I've been posting for quite a while -- and fairly aggressively. You use the word
"cover" as I've referred to insurance. But I also consider Fields equally qualified to add
developmental talent/competition @QB with a focus on athleticism.

So who now? Potential candidates?

Would be a great hire and forward thinking. With tutelage of 2 excellent young qb's under his belt already it's exactly what we need. Spot on commentary on the offensive personel woes/grier.....

I read these moves differently. Firstly, Marion Hobby is an excellent coach and has been recognized as such for a long time. He left because he wanted to leave, not because he was forced out. Hobby is rumored to have accepted a job in the collegiate ranks where he can teach young players and make more of an impact, and the rumor is that he'll be an OC. Whatever the reason, it's likely a step up and his choice.

Gailey always sounded like this was going to be a one-year commitment, and he was going to re-retire after one year. He's old, and he was comfortable in retirement. But the allure of teaching Tua, having Fitzmagic there as the best possible training-wheels, and helping out a friend who would provide a dynamite defense was just too good to pass up. But, I'm not sure that's what he wants as his full-time life right now. Maybe Gailey was let go, maybe it was his decisions, I don't really know. But, I was not a Gailey fan, and even I must admit he did a good job this year, getting the best out of both QB's, adapting to the revolving door of WR's, RB's and OL's while shuffling QB's and reps. He hid Tua's flaws and minimized Fitzpatrick's mistakes. He enabled our defense and special teams to win games without turning over the ball. He scored TD's and points at an acceptable rate for this patchwork/rebuilding offense.

Chan Gailey was not part of the problem, he was part of the solution. Our offense is not as good as it appeared in 2020 ... and it didn't appear particularly good. We need more talent.
Uhhh Gailey was the problem. I still find it hard to believe the lack of roll out plays for Tua those last few games. It boggles the mind. He hasn't adapted to anything.

I think a lot of us were surprised when Chan was hired. Perhaps it had a lot to do with Fitz? Regardless he has moved on so no need to talk about him anymore.

To me, Tua's strengths are on the processing and quick decision making side. I'd like to see a scheme with a lot more pre-snap motion. I'd like to see him move more in the pocket. I'd like to see more RPO plays. I'd like to see more rub routes and pick plays. I'd like to see more crossing routes. I want to attack LB'ers more in the passing game.

Maybe I should be less wordy and say I'd like a game plan similar to what the Chiefs run. Maybe we should look to the college ranks for an OC?

My opinion. Of course.

BNF
Hard to disagree with this and I think I am very happy to have him but there are a couple brainfarts IMO or stubbornness

IMO
Minkah should have been used at FS day 1 McCain in slot
Drake should have been #1 without question day 1 over Ballage
Breida should have been used tons more
O'Shea situation although do not know behind scenes for maybe a specific reason
Not riding 2nd 1/2 of season using Rosen with the circumstances what they were

My opinion. Of course.

BNF

Other than Jimmy Johnson, Flores hasn't been around enough to compare his success with the rest of the disastrous coaches we had. That list includes Wannestead, Cam Cameron, Sparano, Philbin, and Gase.
One making the franchise worse than the other. With that said, his coaching record is worse than some of the guys listed there in their first two years. Let alone, he has yet to win a division title. One thing all of
these coaches have in common is putting faith in quarterbacks that didn't deserve the time. Making mediocre decisions in our rosters.

Other than Jimmy Johnson, Flores hasn't been around enough to compare his success with the rest of the disastrous coaches we had. That list includes Wannestead, Cam Cameron, Sparano, Philbin, and Gase.
One making the franchise worse than the other. With that said, his coaching record is worse than some of the guys listed there in their first two years. Let alone, he has yet to win a division title. One thing all of
these coaches have in common is putting faith in quarterbacks that didn't deserve the time. Making mediocre decisions in our rosters.
The version of JJ that we got was a diminished edition of his prior excellence. Always liked him a lot
and he certainly built us a champions caliber D but his midas touch in the draft failed on the O side
for the most part.

Core point for me with Flo is what he's been able to achieve during a total deconstruction and now
rebuilding process. Said it at the time and believe it now more than before -- McVermin was running
up the score to position himself for COY because it was Flo's at the time. Flo is the type who will use
that as intense motivation and NOT forget the stink... As far as the roster and "faith" in players I'm
quite confident it's 100% performance based. And I fully expect legit competition is coming for
ALL critical positions -- one way or another.

The version of JJ that we got was a diminished edition of his prior excellence. Always liked him a lot
and he certainly built us a champions caliber D but his midas touch in the draft failed on the O side
for the most part.

Core point for me with Flo is what he's been able to achieve during a total deconstruction and now
rebuilding process. Said it at the time and believe it now more than before -- McVermin was running
up the score to position himself for COY because it was Flo's at the time. Flo is the type who will use
that as intense motivation and NOT forget the stink... As far as the roster and "faith" in players I'm
quite confident it's 100% performance based. And I fully expect legit competition is coming for
ALL critical positions -- one way or another.

To be honest with you, almost every coach we had since Jimmy messed up the Team. At least JJ ended up giving Wannestead a good team, but he ended up wasting draft picks away which ended up causing the team to not recover for years. While he had the highest winning percentage out of the bunch, he already had a establish defense drafted by JJ.

Cam Cameron regime ended up using that pick on Ted Ginn Jr which was a decision so bad that ended up getting him fired.

Tony Sparano gave us a divisional win, and perhaps our most successful season we ever had so far. But that was extremely short lived with a team that couldn't establish a quarterback.

Philbin was a joke, but his regime wasn't as Toxic as Wannestead. They did drafted Tannehill, and he did do good for us in spite of the heavy criticism he had as a dolphin from the fans.

In between all of them, only one coach eclipsed the .500 winning mark, and thats probably because he was fired in the middle of the season. Has a division title for the mess he created we could have easily taken that back. Sparano ended up giving us a division title, but didn't do anything after that. So by the previous trends that previous coaches have left for this team before him, he is also following that trend as well because we have the same types of teams, quarterback instability, and questionable drafting decisions by taking on a quarterback that they shouldn't have.

Unsure if you follow what folks around here post but what you describe is in support
of what I've been posting for quite a while -- and fairly aggressively. You use the word
"cover" as I've referred to insurance. But I also consider Fields equally qualified to add
developmental talent/competition @QB with a focus on athleticism.

I would rather a Non Ohio State/Alabama QB,

Back
Top Bottom