Brian Flores Meets With The Media At The Nfl Owners Meeting | Page 4 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Brian Flores Meets With The Media At The Nfl Owners Meeting

I think if we win 7 games it's because we drafted exceedingly well and who can be upset with that? The ying and yang of it would be exactly the Dolphins luck- amazing draft only to keep us mid level. But how do you root for a bad draft?

Our DL is swiss cheese and we can't sack the QB. Scheme might change that but to what degree?

Our OL is questionable.

Fitz currently doesn't have a #1 receiver although I am somewhat excited to see much more deep passes to Stills.

If we keep adding ammo for next year as we seem to be doing, a trade up will be more than possible. We may have to kiss Tua goodbye but it is what it is.

With our current roster I think 7 wins is out of the question.
Depends on how we got to 7 wins. Did we do it with a drafted rookie QB starter? Were some of those wins blowouts? Were a majority of our losses close? If that's the case, all of that would be fantastic.

If we win 7 games because Fitz pops off a few times, we play teams who have a ton of injuries when we play them by barely beating them and getting blown out our other games... that would be the absolute worst.

All I'm saying is that you should enjoy the fireworks coming for the Jets in the near future because it's going to be oh-so-great to watch.

I do hope you're correct on this. I will say this for certain; I have belly laughed twice about the Jets hiring someone as HC. The first is when they fired Pete Carroll and replaced him with Rich Kotite. The second was this past offseason.

Last edited:
I'm normally a fairly optimistic and "rah rah" kinda guy; but I don't think Finheaven is wrong about Kiko.

I just meant that he was included in just about everyone's cut list and he will not be cut. In that sense we are wrong. I figured he'd be cut also.

Dunno why all the hate for kiko. He is pretty good.

10th most tackles in the league.

He's always all over the field.

I don't see what everyone else sees. I see a solid LB, far from star but solid.

We're really going to cut a 28 year old solid LB on a rebuilding team with this many holes... before a defensive oriented head coach can get a shot at him? That's befuddling.

Dunno why all the hate for kiko. He is pretty good.
He's really good at tackling 5+ yards past the line of scrimmage. He's really bad at stopping at the point of contact and coverage.

If a coaching staff could let him do what he's good at, then he'll excel. The last regime didn't understand that.

Is it me or does coach look like he could suit up and lay some wood? He looken big. Them traps are high and them shoulders be wide.
There's no doubt the man has some POWER. He was nice enough to make a guest appearance in a cross promotion with Bounce. It a short but interesting snippet of one vital trait he requires from his team.

Likes Kiko, Raekwon and Baker!
I could be wrong, but that just sounds like typical coach-speak before training camp. I expect him to work with the youngsters and Kiko's fate being very much up in the air. In fact, the entire hour+ of the interview was a snoozefest … but at this point of the season, saying nothing and creating no bulletin-board-material is an artform, and he showed he knows how to use it.

I was listening to him but I kept my eyes on that girl on the back wearing the blue jeans
See, that's how you know Danny didn't actually attend the meeting. If he had, we'd see her in various stages of disrobing as his new avatar. Danny, you dog you!

10th most tackles in the league.

He's always all over the field.

I don't see what everyone else sees. I see a solid LB, far from star but solid.

We're really going to cut a 28 year old solid LB on a rebuilding team with this many holes... before a defensive oriented head coach can get a shot at him? That's befuddling.
Who has been prolific at creating and converting takeaways. He forces fumbles, recovers fumbles, makes INT's. Also, he makes a lot of negative-yardage plays, usually in the run game, but they're the type of plays that create excellent opportunities for the defense to get off the field.

Lots of times people hate on Kiko because he's running a long distance to make a tackle and they mistakenly assume that it was his assignment made 10 yards downfield. In reality, much of that time it was someone else's blown assignment and he is covering for that by running the long distance to make a play. In those instances, that's a hustle play, not a blown assignment on Kiko's part.

Sure, he isn't good in coverage, and like many of our LB's isn't stout at the point of attack and can't really stack-and-shed very well, but as a run and chase LB, he's quite effective. As a takeaway generator, he's the best we have on the team. He outperforms our other LB's almost every year in takeaways, regardless whether he's playing Mike, Will or Sam.

Was asked if they were tanking ?

Flores " There will be no Tanking!"

Flores " You can write that, print that, there will be no tanking"

Edit : Was asked again:

Flores " I wont have that" " I wont tolerate that"

Flores " I feel tanking is a disrespect for the game"
Then again, he couldn't admit to it even if that were the plan, right? The NFL has a reputation to uphold and their anti-trust exemption is on the line. If people saw that it was "fixed" somehow as one time was actively seeking to lose, it would open them up to a lot of undue heat. So even if he did intend to tank … it would be best to let other people deflect the pressure … like the GM, Owner, etc.

Ultimately, the most he can do is to temper expectations, talk about how they're building a new culture dedicated to winning, and that there may be some growing pains along the way. Let's keep an eye on this, because I'm expecting Flores to say all of those things before game 5 comes.

Who has been prolific at creating and converting takeaways. He forces fumbles, recovers fumbles, makes INT's. Also, he makes a lot of negative-yardage plays, usually in the run game, but they're the type of plays that create excellent opportunities for the defense to get off the field.

Lots of times people hate on Kiko because he's running a long distance to make a tackle and they mistakenly assume that it was his assignment made 10 yards downfield. In reality, much of that time it was someone else's blown assignment and he is covering for that by running the long distance to make a play. In those instances, that's a hustle play, not a blown assignment on Kiko's part.

Sure, he isn't good in coverage, and like many of our LB's isn't stout at the point of attack and can't really stack-and-shed very well, but as a run and chase LB, he's quite effective. As a takeaway generator, he's the best we have on the team. He outperforms our other LB's almost every year in takeaways, regardless whether he's playing Mike, Will or Sam.

Thank you. Much better description. I'd like to see Kiko behind an Oliver that can tie up 2 olinmen.

Back
Top Bottom