***brian Flores Super Thread*** | Page 25 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

***brian Flores Super Thread***

Relax everyone’s going crazy over speculation. Just a couple days ago, reporters were saying Richard was a shoe in to be the HC and was the front runner. This has been going back and forth between Flores and Richard the past week.

I’ll believe the hire when I see it officially. Will find out when one of those teams loses if they lose this weekend.

Once I seen Davies top 3 HC choices, I've been pretty mum on the subject. None really stood out, none with a identifiable philosophy.

I'll let whomever it is 2 years to show us something, a vision. Next year should be about youth + growth. And as cliche as it sounds...back to fundamentals.

"not an expert" vs. "background specific to"

Very, very different in both context and specific meaning.
Make sure you have on your reading glasses because this is exactly what he said,"Not seeking necessarily someone who is an expert on offense or defense or any specific spot on the field. But instead a leader that could oversee the organization as a true HC."

I was starting to warm up to the idea of flores too. Familiar with the division, defensive minded.

Say what you want...and I hope I’m wrong...but Richard looks like the better, more qualified candidate to me.

This stinks of the buddy buddy network...same old Dolphins.

I just don’t see Flores as qualified yet...he wasn’t even technically the DC...and only made the calls for one year.

I’m not happy with this!

I honestly think this move was to save face.

We likely canceled the Fangio interview because we knew he would turn us down.

Likely caught wind that Richard was going to turn us down to stay in Dallas.

Grier and Ross probably didnt want to start out with rejection, so they went with the safe guy.

It is what it is. Just keep your expectations low and you wont be disappointed.

I have NO idea if he'll be any good. That said, if you're in the Anti-Flores crowd.....

1. You hope that someone else emerges in the search for a head coach. Best chance of that? Hope that the Patriots season continues for a while and doesn't end Sunday. That's right: You will have to root for the Patriots in the post season.

2. This is why a clean sweep is often what is best. The NFL is nothing more than guys hiring guys who they're comfortable with. Gase had a limited coaching tree and it cost him when it came time to get quality assistants. Greer is friends with Flores. If Ross cans GM Greer along with everyone, there's no chance Flores becomes a Dolphins head coach.

But again, I'm not anti or pro on Flores. I have some skepticism that he's the absolute best man for the job though. I guess we will all find out together though, eh?

One thing that is a major red flag to me is that BB has made no effort to keep him, doesn’t even seem concerned about losing him, especially to a division rival.

He pulled out all the stops to keep McDaniels last year. When Mangini bolted to the Jets he tried to talk him out of it, so much so that he was major pissed at him for leaving.

Flores has been mostly anonymous on the staff, unlike prior Patriot coaches who went on to become HCs. So if Flores is this great coach, why doesn’t BB care if he goes to a division rival?

Reports are the main reason Flores wasnt named DC was because they were trying to hold on to him.

Reports are the main reason Flores wasnt named DC was because they were trying to hold on to him.

It's not the first time Belichick has refused to name anyone a coordinator. He did it a number of years ago when he was sick of teams poaching his coordinators to turn them into failed head coaches.

He did not put Gronk out there. It was Bellichick. GET YOUR FACTS STRAIGHT!!!!!

Not according to WEEI Boston! Flores calls the defense. The afternoon drive guys were having a good laugh about it while I was driving home. How do you know it was Bellichick, I doubt Bill ever said as much just stood by the call.

In all seriousness, I'm not excited about the hirem but they had Mike Lombardi on who pretty much ripped every hire but said Flores would be a good one because he's paid his dues and come up right. He feels Kingsbury and Zac Taylor did not and shouldn't be head coaches.

In the end things didn't work out too badly for the Colts though.

Yeah they quite literally tripped and fell into a steaming pile of good luck.

Let’s hope ross bought a few rabbit’s feet and four leaf clovers.

My initial anger has subsided now apathy has set it, whatever...what are the stages of grief again ?

I hope we don't hear the "he did a great interview" line, honestly hate that. The interview for one of these jobs is not a 2-4 hour chat with the ownership and decision makers at a franchise, it's the work he's done in the past, the product he's been responsible for on the field. My biggest issue with this appointment is that there isn't much of a product to asses and what there was, wasn't that impressive.

Back
Top Bottom