***brian Flores Super Thread*** | Page 32 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

***brian Flores Super Thread***

Any idea what Flores' connection is to Caldwell? Or is that Grier putting that combo together?

Not Grier, last year when Flores interviewed for the Zona job he was going to take Caldwell with him, Caldwell is unemployed at the moment- thus the possible connection for MIA.

I just read all 31 pages, looking for any well articulated reason that Flores will be bad. Nobody came up with a good argument against him. Certainly no one met RobertHorry’s detailed review.

The first presser will be interesting. We will start seeing what he’s got.

At this point, it’s wait and see. But, if someone can put together a cogent story against Flores that overwhelms Horry’s story, I’m ready to be persuaded.

Not Grier, last year when Flores interviewed for the Zona job he was going to take Caldwell with him, Caldwell is unemployed at the moment- thus the possible connection for MIA.

For a young inexperienced guy I like having coordinators with HC experience. Worked for Anthony Lynn and the Chargers. That’s a smart move for a young guy instead of taking the route Gase took. You can lean on their experience a little.

I just read all 31 pages, looking for any well articulated reason that Flores will be bad. Nobody came up with a good argument against him. Certainly no one met RobertHorry’s detailed review.

At this point, it’s wait and see. But, if someone can put together a cogent story against Flores that overwhelms Horry’s story, I’m ready to be persuaded.
Like I said before I have no favorite between Richard and Flores. Neither were on my wish list either. Considering the fact that we have not hired Flores yet I think it is quite interesting that of all people the "tank 2019" crowd hates Flores because he is (supposedly) a bad future HC. Shouldn't they love him then? They also hate Grier. Shouldn't they love Grier then.

That makes me think that if we hire Flores and the "tank 2019" crowd hates it we might have a winning combo (Grier/Flores) on our hand. :lol:

Flores calls the plays for the most part but Belichick is defacto the HC and DC. He can overrule anything he wants to - on offense and defense.

I will stick with this interview because it is the closest we come to "who made the call". Unless you come up with better proof to make your case you might want to change your afternoon radio station.
https://boston.cbslocal.com/2018/12...-rob-gronkowski-devin-mccourty-miami-miracle/

Ok but Glenn, Lou and Fauria interview Bill once a week. Maybe they are wrong :).

It’s really just irony, doesn’t really matter either way.

Speaking for myself personally it’s more the contrast between Richard and Flores than anything. Richard just gives the impression that he has a great future ahead as a head coach. He is dynamic, great teacher, passionate, spearheaded a legendary unit and was a big part of Seattle’s super bowl run and Dallas’s success this year. When I look at Flores, I don’t see the resume that screams out future great HC nor does he have the personality that shines like Richard... but that is all just pretty uninformed opinion from the outside. None of this means that Flores can’t be a success. I could be dead wrong about his ability to lead a team as a head coach. He could be the next Dungy for all I know.

At least he’s not a total d-bag at first blush. For that reason I’m going to throw my support behind him and hope he surprises me and vastly exceeds my first impression of him.

Speaking for myself personally it’s more the contrast between Richard and Flores than anything. Richard just gives the impression that he has a great future ahead as a head coach. He is dynamic, great teacher, passionate, spearheaded a legendary unit and was a big part of Seattle’s super bowl run and Dallas’s success this year. When I look at Flores, I don’t see the resume that screams out future great HC nor does he have the personality that shines like Richard... but that is all just pretty uninformed opinion from the outside. None of this means that Flores can’t be a success. I could be dead wrong about his ability to lead a team as a head coach. He could be the next Dungy for all I know.

At least he’s not a total d-bag at first blush. For that reason I’m going to throw my support behind him and hope he surprises me and vastly exceeds my first impression of him.
You insert Gase, Denver and Chicago you heard the same thing 3 years ago. Neither you nor I have any insides of what the Dolphins talked to all these coaches in interviews about. None of us knows anything about their research such as talking to former coaches, professional acquaintances etc.

You insert Gase, Denver and Chicago you heard the same thing 3 years ago. Neither you nor I have any insides of what the Dolphins talked to all these coaches in interviews about. None of us knows anything about their research such as talking to former coaches, professional acquaintances etc.

Speaking for myself personally I never thought Gase was a dynamic personality. I thought he was a total log initially. I resisted him a great deal until he was signed and he won me over a bit, mostly because he wasn’t a total dope like Philbin.

Not sure why everyone is freaking out over this. Who did we expect? Lombardi? Landry? Shula? There were 8 damn openings. We were probably one of the least attractive openings unfortunately. The guy seems like a really good person. That doesn't make him a great coach but it's a good start. Seems like a guy that can win players over. Let's see if he's actually hired and what staff he brings along before we tar and feather him. Hope the best for him. He's got a tough job if hired.

Cool video CK posted...

One thing I will say, he doesn't have that Patriot arrogance which tends to carry a stink that sinks these Patriot guys when they get an HC gig. That's a positive.

B-Flow. That is a cool nickname.

Mediocrity may be above our aspirations at this point.

Somehow they usually manage to keep it up. It's the truest way to continue to torture us. Too bad to make the playoffs. Too good to draft a star player. Eternally doomed to continue sucking.

Eagles fans were pissed about Pederson. Rams fans were pissed about McVay. Raiders fans were so excited about Gruden.

You guys are funny. I understand that this is a lighthearted and fun forum, but you guys are going way too overboard.

Ian Rappaport said it perfectly on TV. Brian Flores is his own guy. He may have learned under Belichick, but he's not your normal BB coach who is going to come in and do every single thing BB tried to do. Flores has him own beliefs and his own way of teaching that players have seemed to REALLY like and I think he will be a very nice change of pace to this franchise.

To me if reports are true, he is already off to a great start bringing in Caldwell. Caldwell will be the best OC we have had in here as long as I can remember, and has been a HC in both the AFC and NFC. Brings a lot of ideas to the table for Flores to learn from early on.

I wanted Richard just as much as anyone, however I think Flores has the opportunity to do special things with the young men that will come through our franchise over the next several years. Let's give the man a chance.

WELCOME BRIAN!!

This article doesn’t exactly inspire confidence... there is a quote in here where Flores readily admits he wasn’t prepared to be DC. And now he’s making the jump to HC? Talk about a massive leap. A lot of on the job training on the horizon...

Talk about understanding your strengths and weaknesses... this forum just wants another dude who bumps his chest and has an huge ego

Back
Top Bottom