***brian Flores Super Thread***

Discussion in 'Miami Dolphins Forum' started by RocKStaR, Jan 10, 2019.

1. Perfect23

Perfect23 A True Fan

That's a good question.:ponder:

2. Laser13

Laser13 Well-Known Member

That was a really powerful, heartwarming, and sincere speech that Brian Flores made in the YMCA video. It's a most welcome change from the temperamental curmudgeon in Adam Gase. Thanks for posting that, CK - I really enjoyed it.

My first choice was Kris Richard, but I'm coming around on Brian Flores. Flores has a scouting background, along with Grier, and the hope would be that united this is (hopefully) now a strength in identifying young talent in the draft.

It sounds good on paper and remains to be seen, but I understand some of the logic with that kind of union. I guess we'll see what happens.

pjcab, The Closer and elite14eva like this.
  3. endorPHINS72

endorPHINS72 Restore the greatness!

That YMCA video was very powerful. It makes it so much easier to pull for a head coach that's as truly decent a human being as Coach Flores is. None of us know for sure right now whether his tenure in Miami will be a success or failure, but I think we can agree that Brian Flores is an intelligent, hard-working man with a huge heart. People in leadership who possess those qualities will often have employees who will run through walls for them.

4. Mach2

Mach2 A True Fan

What scares you about Caldwell? He's been around, and had ups and downs, but he more than competent to install an offense. You know, like a real NFL coordinator. He knows enough to play to his players strengths. I realize that is not something we have had lately.

About the best you're gonna do.

5. DKphin

DKphin FinHeaven VIP Finheaven VIP Donator

I do not understand what your point is here. I have a nephew that has Spina Bifida and my family has been through some tough times, but that has nothing to do with how I perform my job. He seems like a good guy, but I want a good coach. In football, as in life, I wish for the best, but prepare for the worst.

6. Banksy

Banksy Well-Known Member

7. NoblePhin

NoblePhin Starter Finheaven VIP Donator

2 things I like

- has a rapport with our GM
    - has had multi-faceted duties within an orginization.

Wasnt a big issue with Gase was the fact that he only focused on offense? Wouldnt that reasoning be applied to Richard as well?

Last edited: Jan 12, 2019
    ILfinfans85 likes this.
  8. FanMarino

FanMarino HOF Pass Master

I'm disappointed if he's the guy. Just being honest. Hope I'm wrong.

DolfinJohnNY likes this.
  9. nick1

nick1 I am Groot Moderator Finheaven VIP Donator

10. peace4all

peace4all FinHeaven VIP Finheaven VIP

I also had a better feeling about Richard than Flores, but when I see so many people overreacting and already anointing Richard as the next great HC in football as if there were any way of knowing for sure, It just looks like herd instinct to me. Speaking of which, It’s also incredibly funny how every dude who’s ever been in the same room as McVay is being hired as a HC somewhere just because, well, McVay. The reality is that, as of right now, we have no way of knowing what any of these guys will become as NFL HCs. It’s all just projection, luck and situational context at this point.

11. Lovethefish

Lovethefish Well-Known Member

I
    I agree here. We are hiring a Head Football Coach. Idc if he’s heartwarming or endearing or volunteers at YMCA. I don’t need a guy building homes for humanity.
    I want a damn football coach.
    Parcells Belichick Reid Harbaugh Shula - these guys gave zero sh-its about anything non football. It’s a singular focus job. No I don’t want you hiking in the off-season. I want you watching film.

sphincter, ForksPhin and Trade Viper like this.
  12. Finuk

Finuk FinHeaven VIP Finheaven VIP

I thought Richard would be the guy, but I'm all on on Flores. To be honest, if I'd been shown pics of each three weeks ago I wouldn't have been able to name them so its not like I'm that invested.

13. 13Dolfan87

13Dolfan87 Scout Team Donator

Absolutely do not like it. All of these media people saying that they hear good things from New England - what are they supposed to say up there? Grier hiring his buddy.

elite14eva and Lovethefish like this.
  14. Lovethefish

Lovethefish Well-Known Member

I agree with Hoops earlier post. The OC/DC hires will be critical. I like Caldwell as an OC. In an earlier post he wa my choice for Richard as an OC.
    Caldwell can also help Flores as a former HC and fill the gaps as an assistant HC.

On the DC side, tough. I don’t know
    Josh Boyer has been with NE as CB coach forever. I would consider him. The Pats Secondary has been a strength.
    Would also try to pry away Eric Mangini and Leslie Frazier with DC/ Asst HC Title’s.
    The connections there are Pats and Caldwell, respectively.

Albert Romano likes this.
  15. Finuk

Finuk FinHeaven VIP Finheaven VIP

Are they close? I knew about the links with Richard, but I've not heard anything about Grier and Flores.