***brian Flores Super Thread*** | Page 35 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

***brian Flores Super Thread***

I just hope whomever becomes the HC, their able to lead men as an entire group. Not some ex coordinator who doesn't want to get involved in other areas of the team, not within his expertise. Miami needs leadership from the top down. The new structure is set up just for that. One voice in Grier and his lieutenant, in the HC carrying out the vision. With the head coach, being the leader in the locker room and on the field. Its impossible to know who is going to succeed. But sometimes, such as in the case, of Anthony Lynn the least likely person, turns out to be, exactly the guy needed to bring a team and organization together.

Absolutely do not like it. All of these media people saying that they hear good things from New England - what are they supposed to say up there? Grier hiring his buddy.
Sad thing is recent history says if FH smells a rat then it will start stinking again in 2-3 seasons from right now. I dont think there is very many who feel good about his hire if that indeed happens.

I'm open to this working. Grier is sold on him because he knows him and because, let's face it, this guy is the coaching version of Grier. An intelligent man with years within the same AFC East organization in a multitude of roles.

As for Ross, I think he was sold on the fact that this guy is the ANTI-Gase: Able to delegate, lacks arrogance, open to input, willing to work with others, defensive-minded coach (although he has a background and interest all over the field), diverse candidate, seems like he has a high EQ vs the autistic Gase...the list goes on and on.

Ultimately this franchise needed a candidate that mega wanted this job, enough to be willing to potentially have a ton of losses on their resume through a rebuild. I was (and still am until things are official) more in the hire Richard camp, but we certainly could do worse than Flores.

Are they close? I knew about the links with Richard, but I've not heard anything about Grier and Flores.

From Albert Breer on Twitter:

Importance of networking: Brian Flores and Dolphins GM Chris Grier had established a relationship over the years. And the two spent time together at last year’s owners meetings in Orlando. That kind of familiarity counts.

Sad thing is recent history says if FH smells a rat then it will start stinking again in 2-3 seasons from right now. I dont think there is very many who feel good about his hire if that indeed happens.

It goes both ways. People in Dolphin land and the national media were jubilant when Johnson, Parcels, and Saban were hired. Hey everyone! Here he comes! Our savior is here to save the day! What did that get us? Did we make any real noise? Did we establish a long term winning culture? Did we win the Super Bowl? Hell naw! We were the same average up and down organization we are now. I don't know how this story will end, but I am happy about Flores. It may take a little time, but I think he is going to do okay.

Gase talked his way out of a job.
Ross should’ve put him in a corner office somewhere and let him rot for the remainder of his contract.

Importance of networking: Brian Flores and Dolphins GM Chris Grier had established a relationship over the years. And the two spent time together at last year’s owners meetings in Orlando. That kind of familiarity counts.

Ugh.

reality is that, as of right now, we have no way of knowing what any of these guys will become as NFL HCs. It’s all just projection, luck and situational context at this point.

Hey, ALL of you, this. ^

I understand that this is a forum so we gotta talk about it.

But some of the posts like if it's this guy I quit on the team or that guy we are saved... come on. How. Can. You. Know?

We could hire Belicheat right now and you know how many peices would have to fall into place for even him to have success?

This is now just the most least fun of all positions for us fans- a looooong waiting game.

I can understand the wanting to be excited about the guy you want but please take it down a peg or two about worst hire, quit on the team, etc posts.

As hard as it is, keep the faith and whomever it is that they bring in, we just won't know for a long time.

I agree with Hoops earlier post. The OC/DC hires will be critical. I like Caldwell as an OC. In an earlier post he wa my choice for Richard as an OC.
Caldwell can also help Flores as a former HC and fill the gaps as an assistant HC.

On the DC side, tough. I don’t know
Josh Boyer has been with NE as CB coach forever. I would consider him. The Pats Secondary has been a strength.
Would also try to pry away Eric Mangini and Leslie Frazier with DC/ Asst HC Title’s.
The connections there are Pats and Caldwell, respectively.

If you pair the HC and Caldwell with an experienced DC - lets see how that would work. I do think again its going to come down to having to hit more on the draft then miss.

If we miss more it will be similar to the Browns situation where it took a long time for real improvements.

If you pair the HC and Caldwell with an experienced DC - lets see how that would work. I do think again its going to come down to having to hit more on the draft then miss.

If we miss more it will be similar to the Browns situation where it took a long time for real improvements.
Interesting point from the Browns. Apparently they like Kitchens so much because they felt he could bring the organization together, he wasn't as brash as a Gregg William's ad that leadership style was important to them. It appears we may have gone thr exact same route. Bring in a voice the isnt as aggressive and brash.

Agree. It will come down to draft and FA and also some decisions with our own personnel.
I’m not happy with the Flores hire- just thinking of ways it might work.

Interesting point from the Browns. Apparently they like Kitchens so much because they felt he could bring the organization together, he wasn't as brash as a Gregg William's ad that leadership style was important to them. It appears we may have gone thr exact same route. Bring in a voice the isnt as aggressive and brash.
Kitchens hire was one reason and one reason only - Baker.

Hey, ALL of you, this. ^

I understand that this is a forum so we gotta talk about it.

But some of the posts like if it's this guy I quit on the team or that guy we are saved... come on. How. Can. You. Know?

We could hire Belicheat right now and you know how many peices would have to fall into place for even him to have success?

This is now just the most least fun of all positions for us fans- a looooong waiting game.

I can understand the wanting to be excited about the guy you want but please take it down a peg or two about worst hire, quit on the team, etc posts.

As hard as it is, keep the faith and whomever it is that they bring in, we just won't know for a long time.
Well said post. You have to understand for some of us longtime fans- 35 f-in years - patience waning thin.

Kitchens hire was one reason and one reason only - Baker.
Partially yes, read into it more though. They had so much success because they felt that Kitchens leadership and voice brought people together in a way the others didnt. They also hired based off of leadership style over experience. Just a similar scenario IMHO

The issue I have its almost like Grier is giving him his big time HC gig because they've become friends. Not because he deserves it.

Back
Top Bottom