Brian Flores' Tenure in Miami Could End Sooner Than Expected | Page 10 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Brian Flores' Tenure in Miami Could End Sooner Than Expected

I haven’t seen anything from Davis and Deiter to believe they are building blocks. Would they make the Philly OL or Dallas OL? If the answer is NO, then they are backup types, don’t settle for mediocre.
I view them as #6, #7 types on a good OL.
If you settle for mediocre, expect the same, more mediocrity. 8-8. No thanks.

So a Rookie starting in his first game, grading out as a top our top lineman and 16th out of 64 guards is not a starting piece of the offensive line? Sorry, that is far from mediocre.

Deiter is exactly the type of guard we can have start on the line...smart, understands twists and knows how to pass off...knows his assignments and reads the rush.

I haven’t seen anything from Davis and Deiter to believe they are building blocks. Would they make the Philly OL or Dallas OL? If the answer is NO, then they are backup types, don’t settle for mediocre.
I view them as #6, #7 types on a good OL.
If you settle for mediocre, expect the same, more mediocrity. 8-8. No thanks.

Preston has flashed.. Prince who knows, he wasn’t great at OSU. The entire OL is a dumpster fire.
Grant could be supplemental type scheme player. Wilson and Parker likely trade bait.

On DEF- Godcheaux, Baker, Minkah, Howard, Wilkins. Maybe Van Gink. Maybe R Nemediche.
So you expect a player to look like an all pro in his first game or else he sucks?. Btw, I said those are players you might be able to build with. I never said they were great. It's ok to have two or 3 guys that are good to go along with two more that are great. Don't expect 5 pro bowlers up front cause that normally doesn't happen.

All I know is that if Flores ultimately fails in Miami, the next HC must have prior HC experience. We’ve been burned way too much with the “hot coordinator” hires.

HC requires an entirely different skill set and mindset than coordinators and position coaches. The only way to be certain a candidate has that is if they were proven capable of leading a team as HC on some level.

Never say never...

Bill Polian & Jim Caldwell lost the Super Bowl in 2010, then were fired after a 2-14 year in 2011 when Peyton was out for the year.

Grier & Flores have to do enough this year to prove we trust them with this rebuild because we're basically an expansion team. We have Howard, Minkah, Wilkins, Baker, & Dieter as pieces & a bunch of picks & almost unlimited cap space just like an expansion team. They've already made one gaff with Rosen, either in the evaluation, or in the communication between Grier & Flores about what he wants in a QB. The second was this weekend's game plan, lack of adjustments, & communication. Even though we aren't expected & don't really want to win, I think everyone is still being scrutinized & shouldn't think they get a pass for this year.

Ross is a pretty loyal guy and already gave them permission to do exactly what they have done, more than likely doesn't even start to evaluate how good or bad a job Flores is doing until 3 or 4.

Might be looking at how good Grier is doing his job right away.

All I know is that if Flores ultimately fails in Miami, the next HC must have prior HC experience. We’ve been burned way too much with the “hot coordinator” hires.

HC requires an entirely different skill set and mindset than coordinators and position coaches. The only way to be certain a candidate has that is if they were proven capable of leading a team as HC on some level.
Too many times we have the coach learning on the job trying to coach a bunch of new players ...learning on the job.

I feel the only way he gets canned under 3 years is if Harbaugh gets fired from Michigan.

Then, Ross could very well can Flores and accept any terms from Jim to get him to coach here. Even if it means speeding up the rebuild

We should start by just not hiring coaches that may have been propped up by goat QBs like Manning, Brady and Rodgers...

Knee jerk generation...things sure have changed!

One game is a knee jerk but i would bet we have a good idea of what we have in Flores after this season.

Times have changed. Young players are having an impact on every level of football early on. True freshmen have won the national title game the last two years and beat defenses ran by Kirby Smart and Nick Saban.

There were 3 rookies on the NFL all pro team last year.

It doesn't take half a decade to build a team anymore.

Also i would bet a rookie qb wins the super bowl in the next 5 years

One game is a knee jerk but i would bet we have a good idea of what we have in Flores after this season.

Times have changed. Young players are having an impact on every level of football early on. True freshmen have won the national title game the last two years and beat defenses ran by Kirby Smart and Nick Saban.

There were 3 rookies on the NFL all pro team last year.

It doesn't take half a decade to build a team anymore.

Also i would bet a rookie qb wins the super bowl in the next 5 years

How much?

So a Rookie starting in his first game, grading out as a top our top lineman and 16th out of 64 guards is not a starting piece of the offensive line? Sorry, that is far from mediocre.

Deiter is exactly the type of guard we can have start on the line...smart, understands twists and knows how to pass off...knows his assignments and reads the rush.

Dieter had a nice start...grading out in the top 25% of guards in your debut ain’t bad!

Jim Caldwell needs to make it back to hold Flores hand during this firestorm.

Back
Top Bottom