Brian Flores' Tenure in Miami Could End Sooner Than Expected | Page 12 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Brian Flores' Tenure in Miami Could End Sooner Than Expected

We could win the Super Bowl and posters around here would complain we didn't do it correctly. Like a bunch of housewives sitting around bitching their husbands don't make enough money. If you're that unhappy, find another husband.
Cool story, bro. But the real reason people here are unhappy isn’t because the team is great (or good, or decent, or not embarrassing) and they’re just miserable people incapable of being content.

The real reason people here are unhappy is because the team hasn’t won a Super Bowl in 45 years, hasn’t been in a Super Bowl in 34 years, hasn’t been in position to advance to the Super Bowl in 26 years, and hasn’t even won a playoff game in almost 20 years. And none of that’s changing for several more seasons at least.

And if we lose another 20 years posters will still think everything is perfectly fine and that the current regime is the best one since Shula. People are emotionally invested in their favorite team and that team has been inept for going on 2 decades. Why are you surprised people are unhappy?
Not surprised at all, some will be unhappy no matter what, just their nature. If your not optimistic at the beginning of each season then what's the point of being a fan? Isn't that what it's all about? Being critical is one thing, being perpetually negative no matter what is another. If it affects you to the point you're permanently jaded and you view every move this organization makes as negative there are 31 other teams, find one that makes you happy. I'm not happy with the past 20 years but when you lose hope, all else is lost. It just becomes something else in life to bitch about. I'm optimistic we will turn it around, we were forewarned what was coming and it has long been overdue. No one should be surprised by what is currently going on. What did they expect? The Playoffs? They have a plan, all we can do as fans is wait it out and hope it works, they're not fixing the 20-year trainwreck overnight. To suggest Flores should be fired is ridiculous at this point.

Not surprised at all, some will be unhappy no matter what, just their nature. If your not optimistic at the beginning of each season then what's the point of being a fan? Isn't that what it's all about? Being critical is one thing, being perpetually negative no matter what is another. If it affects you to the point you're permanently jaded and you view every move this organization makes as negative there are 31 other teams, find one that makes you happy. I'm not happy with the past 20 years but when you lose hope, all else is lost. It just becomes something else in life to bitch about. I'm optimistic we will turn it around, we were forewarned what was coming and it has long been overdue. No one should be surprised by what is currently going on. What did they expect? The Playoffs? They have a plan, all we can do as fans is wait it out and hope it works, they're not fixing the 20-year trainwreck overnight. To suggest Flores should be fired is ridiculous at this point.

Sorry but to characterize people who are not optimistic about this fo and team as just people who are gonna be unhappy no matter what is just a cop out. There are legit reasons not to have faith in this current regime. But if you want to go the blind optimist route and hope the guy who’s had a prominent position here the last 20 years is suddenly gonna figure it out feel free. Get in someone who I feel can turn us around and I’ll be leading the let’s go team bus

Cool story, bro. But the real reason people here are unhappy isn’t because the team is great (or good, or decent, or not embarrassing) and they’re just miserable people incapable of being content.

The real reason people here are unhappy is because the team hasn’t won a Super Bowl in 45 years, hasn’t been in a Super Bowl in 34 years, hasn’t been in position to advance to the Super Bowl in 26 years, and hasn’t even won a playoff game in almost 20 years. And none of that’s changing for several more seasons at least.
I've been a fan for ALL of those years and prior and I am by no means content, but some of the stuff that comes outta the mouths of some of these guys is just plain ridiculous.

Sorry but to characterize people who are not optimistic about this fo and team as just people who are gonna be unhappy no matter what is just a cop out. There are legit reasons not to have faith in this current regime. But if you want to go the blind optimist route and hope the guy who’s had a prominent position here the last 20 years is suddenly gonna figure it out feel free. Get in someone who I feel can turn us around and I’ll be leading the let’s go team bus
He was in the scouting department, not the decision-maker. That's like blaming the equipment manager who's been here for 20 years. I would argue he probably wasn't the decision-maker up until this year. Now his head is on the block, he is 100% accountable, let's see what he does. Do you have no faith in Reggie McKenzie or some of the other solid evaluators they've brought in? That alone is a reason to be optimistic. It's not blind, it's based on their track record which is fact. What's blind is the negativity based on the status quo when there is a whole new set of people in place that haven't been here long enough to make an impact. We're ready to deem them as trash after only one game? What are the reasons not to have faith 1 game into a rebuild?

He was in the scouting department, not the decision-maker. That's like blaming the equipment manager who's been here for 20 years. I would argue he probably wasn't the decision-maker up until this year. Now his head is on the block, he is 100% accountable, let's see what he does. Do you have no faith in Reggie McKenzie or some of the other solid evaluators they've brought in? That alone is a reason to be optimistic. It's not blind, it's based on their track record which is fact. What's blind is the negativity based on the status quo when there is a whole new set of people in place that haven't been here long enough to make an impact. We're ready to deem them as trash after only one game? What are the reasons not to have faith 1 game into a rebuild?

He’s had the title of gm since 2016. Since then we have one player of worth on the whole team. One player. If you want to go the route of thinking none of that is his fault and we were the only team in the nfl where the gm isn’t really a gm and every bad decision was made by someone else go for it. There is nothing to point to to say this guy is capable of building an nfl team while there’s a ton to say the opposite. I have no idea why the constant excuse making for this guy exists. He’s had his fingers in this mess for 20 years as head of scouting, gm and vip of football operations. He’s been a part of it

I'm ready to get rid of him now. He is making bigger holes and holes. I understand we ain't good but the Tunsil and maybe Fitz on the move definitely the team quit on Flores already. Who is next. X for a 3rd round pick?

He’s had the title of gm since 2016. Since then we have one player of worth on the whole team. One player. If you want to go the route of thinking none of that is his fault and we were the only team in the nfl where the gm isn’t really a gm and every bad decision was made by someone else go for it. There is nothing to point to to say this guy is capable of building an nfl team while there’s a ton to say the opposite. I have no idea why the constant excuse making for this guy exists. He’s had his fingers in this mess for 20 years as head of scouting, gm and vip of football operations. He’s been a part of it
I'm not thinking or suggesting none of it was his fault, as a matter of fact, much of it may very well be, the problem is we don't know for sure because we weren't there. How much involvement he actually had is unknown, things will be very clear now that the hierarchy has finally been defined by Ross. NOW he can be held accountable. In my opinion, I think much of what we have seen over the past few years has Tannebaums stamp all over it and when Gases' role was minimal, he helped force Tannenbaum out so he could be more influential in personnel decisions. They're both gone and now it's Grier's head. Time will answer that question without a doubt and I'm all for getting rid of him if he proves to be inept, but let it be proven first.

Flores ain't going anywhere and neither is Grier. Three years minimum for both of them. This amount of time will give the owner time to see if we are trending in the right direction. Year one is deconstruction and year two and three will be tell tale sign of what direction we are going.

I'm ready to get rid of him now. He is making bigger holes and holes. I understand we ain't good but the Tunsil and maybe Fitz on the move definitely the team quit on Flores already. Who is next. X for a 3rd round pick?
I've been a fan for ALL of those years and prior and I am by no means content, but some of the stuff that comes outta the mouths of some of these guys is just plain ridiculous.
This...

Back
Top Bottom