Brian Flores' Tenure in Miami Could End Sooner Than Expected | Page 5 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Brian Flores' Tenure in Miami Could End Sooner Than Expected

I hate it when coaches say they take the blame for a loss. Seems like I've heard that from the past 10 coach since Shula. As if taking the blame or admitting a mistake automatically absolves them from consequences. I believe in time we are going to see that Billicheck not Brady or any of his coaching assistants was the reason for the Pats success.

Flores' strong point was supposed to be defensive playcalling. Why in the world would he relinquish those duties after getting hired based largely on that skill?

Maybe he wasnt the one calling that defense....

I wasn’t on board with hiring Flo but warmed up quickly. I would fire him if we don’t make the playoffs year 3. Grier, if he blows this draft.
This is my view of Flores...

He looks out of his element as the head honcho. If we are sub .500 in year 3...recognize the mistake, thank him for his service, and hand him his last check.

This is my view of Flores...

He looks out of his element as the head honcho. If we are sub .500 in year 3...recognize the mistake, thank him for his service, and hand him his last check.

So you as a poster on a message board knows if an NFL coach is out of his element??? **** just keeps getting funnier and funnier by the day.

Soooooooooooooo, lemme make sure I've got this right.

1. The owner, GM and entire front office hire this guy for 5 years with a plan in place to tank and build the team in years 2 and 3.
2. The GM and owner let it slip pre-draft that they're tanking, then try to walk back their statements with some tepid mealy mouthed BS about competing, which everyone sees through and knows is a smokescreen.
3. The Coach talks about competing and still acknowledges that it can't all happen over night.
4. We gut the roster removing ALL of our pass rushers without replacing them whatsoever, get rid of ALL of our veterans except the most problematic contract we can't get out from under until next year (Reshad Jones), but we still try for a long time to trade that guy.
5. We drastically overhaul our roster literally less than a week before the season begins trading our best offensive player and bringing in a total of 4 new OL, 3 of whom played in week 1, and we shift our RT to LT with less than a week to prepare.
6. After telling the world in every conceivable way that we're tanking, we play the first game--and lose badly--now all of a sudden something has changed?

W. T. F. ?!?!?!?!!?!?

Things are going according to the script … why would anyone be fired? Everyone signed off on this, why would they change opinions now? We literally changed every single scheme and system we had, fired our OL coach late in the preseason, blew up the OL during the week before the first game, and never once even looked at a single guy who could provide a pass rush in the draft or FA. Ummmm, this is how we expected it to go. This is how we planned for it to go. Sure, losing 20-17 would have been easier to stomach … but we intentionally made ourselves bad, because we want to tank.

Coach Flo might be fired, but it's not going to be in 2019, I'm very confident of that.
Well said sir , Salute!

Still just one in the L column, same as half the league. Pearl clutching reporters can suck it fake news.

So you as a poster on a message board knows if an NFL coach is out of his element??? **** just keeps getting funnier and funnier by the day.
Reading is fundamental. I don't KNOW if he is clueless. What I do know is that:
  1. McCain isn't a free safety.
  2. Aikens isn't better in coverage than Fitzpatrick.
  3. Julian Davenport is a better LT than RT.
  4. Jessie Davis is a better RT than LT.
  5. The defense wasnt prepared.
Those are 5 that stand out to me and just because it's a tank, there's no reason for them to be so obvious.

More here: https://thebiglead.com/2019/09/10/brian-flores-fired-dolphins-nfl/

First off I’m not saying I agree with this article. However before people say well Flores got a 5 year contract he’s immune to a firing. These contracts for coaches mean absolutely nothing. An owner will pay them to go away in a heart beat if they’re stinking up the joint. This is the only year Flores is 100% immune from a firing imo.

Just think it’s interesting that Flores and Grier could possibly be tanking for another Coach and GM to use their resources they’re tanking for lol

I been saying this all summer.. I have been calling flores,,, hue jackson... never let all ur players go in one yr. Coach still got one some games.. he need at leased 3 yr. I dont blame Adam's Gase.

Letting so many go at once was what finally convinced me this was a tank, rather than a rebuild. There was just no reason for that.

Some of these guys who were cut could well have been nice reserves over the next few years while the guys brought in... well... they were 1) no better and 2) have no idea about our playbook.

These were cuts made in order to lose, not to get better. Having a few borderline vets around to keep things competitive would have helped everyone, including helping the rookie players improve.

I've speculated that Flores may have cleared the decks of vets because he is too fearful to deal with vets... and while I may well be incorrect in this assessment, there is no way that cutting our marginal defensive line talent helped Ledbetter and Harris improve. That's just nuts.

It's a tank...

Flores ain’t leaving. Ross obviously signed off on this. He’d look like a fool for firing him right now. Maybe a different story down the road, but Flores is safe, for now. They know what they’re doing, but they don’t want the fans or the players to know what they’re doing. They still want people at the stadium on Sundays, and they don’t want to lose certain players or discourage others from coming there. That’s why they are outwardly saying they are trying to compete.

Flores ain’t leaving. Ross obviously signed off on this. He’d look like a fool for firing him right now. Maybe a different story down the road, but Flores is safe, for now. They know what they’re doing, but they don’t want the fans or the players to know what they’re doing. They still want people at the stadium on Sundays, and they don’t want to lose certain players or discourage others from coming there. That’s why they are outwardly saying they are trying to compete.

Even though no one really believes it.

Back
Top Bottom