Brian Flores' Tenure in Miami Could End Sooner Than Expected | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Brian Flores' Tenure in Miami Could End Sooner Than Expected

Dolph N.Fan

Active Roster
Reaction score
One game doesn’t make or break an NFL head coach, and it certainly shouldn’t lead to his immediate firing. But Brian Flores may have lost the Dolphins locker room after one game, and if that is indeed the case, which it certainly sounds like it is based on multiple reports, he could already be a dead coach walking.
In the span of a few hours on a sunny Sunday afternoon in Miami, Flores’ ability as a head coach was called into question and his players outwardly quit on him. Flores’ gameplan to challenge Lamar Jackson to throw it deep on his squad by playing without safety help over the top backfired tremendously, and Jackson torched Flores for that decision, exploding for 324 yards and five touchdowns. That Jackson needed only 17 competitions to reach those gaudy numbers speaks to the ease with which Jackson converted deep throws, all against a gameplan Flores had all offseason to work on.
Somehow the aftermath of the Dolphins’ 59-10 loss to the Baltimore Ravens was even worse.
ProFootballTalk reported that multiple players reached out to their agents after the game and expressed their interest in being traded. Armando Salguero of the Miami Herald later confirmed that report, saying more specifically three players expressed that desire. In both reports it stated players were upset with Flores’ game plan and questioned Miami’s desire to win this year, with some speculating they’re already playing out the string for the best draft pick possible in next year’s draft (hello, Tua!).

More here: https://thebiglead.com/2019/09/10/brian-flores-fired-dolphins-nfl/

First off I’m not saying I agree with this article. However before people say well Flores got a 5 year contract he’s immune to a firing. These contracts for coaches mean absolutely nothing. An owner will pay them to go away in a heart beat if they’re stinking up the joint. This is the only year Flores is 100% immune from a firing imo.

Just think it’s interesting that Flores and Grier could possibly be tanking for another Coach and GM to use their resources they’re tanking for lol

More here: https://thebiglead.com/2019/09/10/brian-flores-fired-dolphins-nfl/

First off I’m not saying I agree with this article. However before people say well Flores got a 5 year contract he’s immune to a firing. These contracts for coaches mean absolutely nothing. An owner will pay them to go away in a heart beat if they’re stinking up the joint. This is the only year Flores is 100% immune from a firing imo.

Just think it’s interesting that Flores and Grier could possibly be tanking for another Coach and GM to use their resources they’re tanking for lol
haha. that would be epic.

We’re already at this point after ONE DAMN GAME?

Unbelievable!

Just realize who the OP was that made this thread...nevermind!
Ahh your appearance in this thread was right on time. A few posts later than expected. Did you actually read the article? Or did you just read the title and decided to be you know...you?

Lots better things to do but some get pleasure in these articles.
Then why are you and your buddy ANUfan even wasting time with this thread if it’s such trash and you have better things to do? Doesn’t make sense. Lol even in a tank year fans are still upset with “negative” articles about the dolphins. What did you expect?

Grier is not the man for the long term rebuild and his time here should have expired a long time ago. Ross wanted to keep the tear down in-house with Grier. If he would have went outside, he wouldn’t have convinced the new GM to tank. Who, with any talent, would really want to be told to sabotage their team? Grier was the easy move and he’s easily replaceable. Plus Grier thought, “I just got a raise, what do I have to lose?” Ross hired a placeholder coach with Flores, while he waits for Jim Harbaugh; Lincoln Riley; or Matt Campbell to maybe make the pro move next year. After all, they have actually been head coaches. He’s basically using Flores/Grier as a means to an end, and while that isn’t noble, it’s also business. Ross will woo a legit GM candidate and coach next year. They have too many draft resources not too. And Flores will live to see another day as a defensive assistant somewhere while he collects a lot of money from Ross for being a patsy.

Grier is not the man for the long term rebuild and his time here should have expired a long time ago. Ross wanted to keep the tear down in-house with Grier. If he would have went outside, he wouldn’t have convinced the new GM to tank. Who, with any talent, would really want to be told to sabotage their team? Grier was the easy move and he’s easily replaceable. Plus Grier thought, “I just got a raise, what do I have to lose?” Ross hired a placeholder coach with Flores, while he waits for Jim Harbaugh; Lincoln Riley; or Matt Campbell to maybe make the pro move next year. After all, they have actually been head coaches. He’s basically using Flores/Grier as a means to an end, and while that isn’t noble, it’s also business. Ross will woo a legit GM candidate and coach next year. They have too many draft resources not too. And Flores will live to see another day as a defensive assistant somewhere while he collects a lot of money from Ross for being a patsy.
It’s just me, but if I’m doing a full rebuild like Ross says he’s doing, I wouldn’t want anyone still around for the rebuild that was around for nearly the entirety of the last two decades of mediocrity like Grier has been. I’d start 100% fresh.

Back
Top Bottom