Brian Flores' Tenure in Miami Could End Sooner Than Expected | Page 9 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Brian Flores' Tenure in Miami Could End Sooner Than Expected

In other words, we don't have the players to play god defense regardless of what the coaches call them to do. I count maybe 4 or 5 players that you can build with on defense and that's about it at this point.
Well, honestly, 5 might be being generous. Defensive Building blocks include Howard, Wilkins, Fitzpatrick … maybe Baker … maybe McCain for the short term. Asterisk for someone like Van Ginkel, but no reason to believe he'll be assured a place at this point. Most of these guys are in the audition phase, playing to prove they'll deserve a spot in the future, but all expected to be replaced with draft picks in the next 3 drafts. That includes McMillan and Godchaux. Those guys are firmly in the maybe category, but will be upgraded if the option comes along. Everyone else is very much in the 'most likely going to be replaced' bin, IMHO.

On offense, I'd say Deiter and Davis are the only ones who will be fairly secure. All of the other OL, TE, RB, WR, and QB's are very much in the tryout phase. This roster is going to receive a bigger overhaul next offseason than it did this past offseason. We're looking at the stopgap players for the most part. They're a lot like the scab players when the Players Union went on strike … they're wearing the uniforms, and we're rooting for them, but they're all dead-men-walking in the long run.

Well, honestly, 5 might be being generous. Defensive Building blocks include Howard, Wilkins, Fitzpatrick … maybe Baker … maybe McCain for the short term. Asterisk for someone like Van Ginkel, but no reason to believe he'll be assured a place at this point. Most of these guys are in the audition phase, playing to prove they'll deserve a spot in the future, but all expected to be replaced with draft picks in the next 3 drafts. That includes McMillan and Godchaux. Those guys are firmly in the maybe category, but will be upgraded if the option comes along. Everyone else is very much in the 'most likely going to be replaced' bin, IMHO.

On offense, I'd say Deiter and Davis are the only ones who will be fairly secure. All of the other OL, TE, RB, WR, and QB's are very much in the tryout phase. This roster is going to receive a bigger overhaul next offseason than it did this past offseason. We're looking at the stopgap players for the most part. They're a lot like the scab players when the Players Union went on strike … they're wearing the uniforms, and we're rooting for them, but they're all dead-men-walking in the long run.
I was being kind, yes. I agree Wilkins,Howard,Minkah(really hoping) and Baker. I like Godchaux so that's my 5 on defense. I don't believe Bobby will be here long after this year.

On offense I agree Davis and Deiter are in. I'm hoping Prince could be a good player but at this point we really don't know.
I like Williams and as far as the RB I'm hoping at least one of them can be a good player for us but I agree that at this point we don't know. I do like Laird and Gaskin if they can get a little help from the guys up front.

That's right. The DC Graham isn't going to stand up there and instruct the media to just look the roster and ask what the **** do you expect.... but that's exactly what he's saying if you have half a brain.

The best coaches use the media as a tool to get a message across to the players, but the sportswriters are too busy thinking they're so smart to even notice it. I see it everyday.

All these guys are saying is that you have to win today first. Fact. You have to take that first step before you can begin the journey. Until you get the players to buy in and finally realize - hey, maybe coach is right - you can't take that first step. They'll keep standing up there and saying this same thing to the same questions until they do. Sometimes it just takes a while, and some just never will buy in.

Furthermore, they're saying practice is the most important thing they do besides playing a game. Somewhat of a fact - really the practices are more important than the games at this stage. They're trying to get guys to understand the fundamentals and learn how to win their individual matchups (do their job) before the scheme even matters.

I don't believe a single coverage or alignment is called by these coaches without a purpose. They know they're probably going to get burned on some of these, but they're using it to evaluate players. They're going to find out who's coachable and who's not. Who can develop into leaders and who can't. That's their job this season.

This post needs to be sticky. It's the best post on the entire forums when it comes to this coaching staff and plan. ESPECIALLY the last paragraph.

PlayerSnaps (Percentage of Defense’s Snaps)
LB Jerome Baker72 (94%)
LB Sam Eguavoen68 (88%)
LB Raekwon McMillan22 (29%)
LB James Crawford14 (18%)
LB Vince Biegel10 (13%)
CB Eric Rowe72 (94%)
CB Xavien Howard71 (92%)
CB Jomal Wiltz15 (19%)
DB Chris Lammons13 (17%)
S Bobby McCain59 (77%)
S Minkah Fitzpatrick49 (64%)
S Reshad Jones32 (42%)
S Walt Aiken18 (23%)
S Steven Parker16 (21%)
DT Christian Wilkins65 (88%)
DE Charles Harris61 (79%)
DE Jonathan Ledbetter51 (66%)
DT John Jenkins47 (61%)
DE Avery Moss47 (61%)
DT Davon Godchaux45 (58%)

I don't care how bad Minkah Fitzpatrick played in that game he is twice the player Eric Rowe is and a key piece moving forward, 64% of snaps is ridicules and this coaching staff is having the same problem the last coaching staff was having, not getting Minkah on the field. Can't help but feel like he should move to the outside CB spot and take his lumps learning that spot while were in a throw away year.

Run heavy team like Baltimore and as big as they are you have to wonder why Raekwon didn't play more, injury recovery or out of shape? Is it that they wanted to give the snaps to Baker and Equavoen who were being taken out of play's rather easily by the Baltimore offensive line.

Ha ha Bobby mccain played more snaps than minkah.

How many snaps did that secret weapon playmaker of ours mini mouse ehh I mean Mighty Mouse jakeem grant play? You can count specials in that snap count.

I loved the catch in the flats where 2 defenders steam rolled him like a looney tunes villain into the turf.

PlayerSnaps (Percentage of Defense’s Snaps)
LB Jerome Baker72 (94%)
LB Sam Eguavoen68 (88%)
LB Raekwon McMillan22 (29%)
LB James Crawford14 (18%)
LB Vince Biegel10 (13%)
CB Eric Rowe72 (94%)
CB Xavien Howard71 (92%)
CB Jomal Wiltz15 (19%)
DB Chris Lammons13 (17%)
S Bobby McCain59 (77%)
S Minkah Fitzpatrick49 (64%)
S Reshad Jones32 (42%)
S Walt Aiken18 (23%)
S Steven Parker16 (21%)
DT Christian Wilkins65 (88%)
DE Charles Harris61 (79%)
DE Jonathan Ledbetter51 (66%)
DT John Jenkins47 (61%)
DE Avery Moss47 (61%)
DT Davon Godchaux45 (58%)

I don't care how bad Minkah Fitzpatrick played in that game he is twice the player Eric Rowe is and a key piece moving forward, 64% of snaps is ridicules and this coaching staff is having the same problem the last coaching staff was having, not getting Minkah on the field. Can't help but feel like he should move to the outside CB spot and take his lumps learning that spot while were in a throw away year.

Run heavy team like Baltimore and as big as they are you have to wonder why Raekwon didn't play more, injury recovery or out of shape? Is it that they wanted to give the snaps to Baker and Equavoen who were being taken out of play's rather easily by the Baltimore offensive line.
Anybody that would play McCain more than Fitzpatrich is a coaching staff that is a bad judge of talent. And they are the ones we trust to make our future draft picks. It could be a long 5 years of more.

Avery moss 60 plus percent of the snaps. And every one of them eye sores

Ha ha Bobby mccain played more snaps than minkah.

How many snaps did that secret weapon playmaker of ours mini mouse ehh I mean Mighty Mouse jakeem grant play? You can count specials in that snap count.

I loved the catch in the flats where 2 defenders steam rolled him like a looney tunes villain into the turf.
You beat me to it

You don’t need more snaps to know that Bobby mccain stinks. You got 3 years worth of it at least.

It’s not changing. But hey he’s a captain. So lmao

If you can't rush the passer in today's NFL... you can't win.

That's what the flirtation with Clowney was all about. You have to give the front office some credit there... It didn't work, but at least we considered it.

Not sure why this is such a hot button issue right now.

I was....underwhelmed by the choice to appoint a close friend of the GM/a BB assistant who hadn't been considered ready to be DC at the time. But its hard to judge Flores based on what he has done with such a pathetic group of players - especially after one game

Getting rid of the front office is what will really help the franchise to recover, not changing the HC

That's right. The DC Graham isn't going to stand up there and instruct the media to just look the roster and ask what the **** do you expect.... but that's exactly what he's saying if you have half a brain.

The best coaches use the media as a tool to get a message across to the players, but the sportswriters are too busy thinking they're so smart to even notice it. I see it everyday.

All these guys are saying is that you have to win today first. Fact. You have to take that first step before you can begin the journey. Until you get the players to buy in and finally realize - hey, maybe coach is right - you can't take that first step. They'll keep standing up there and saying this same thing to the same questions until they do. Sometimes it just takes a while, and some just never will buy in.

Furthermore, they're saying practice is the most important thing they do besides playing a game. Somewhat of a fact - really the practices are more important than the games at this stage. They're trying to get guys to understand the fundamentals and learn how to win their individual matchups (do their job) before the scheme even matters.

I don't believe a single coverage or alignment is called by these coaches without a purpose. They know they're probably going to get burned on some of these, but they're using it to evaluate players. They're going to find out who's coachable and who's not. Who can develop into leaders and who can't. That's their job this season.
This is an underrated post.

I was being kind, yes. I agree Wilkins,Howard,Minkah(really hoping) and Baker. I like Godchaux so that's my 5 on defense. I don't believe Bobby will be here long after this year.

On offense I agree Davis and Deiter are in. I'm hoping Prince could be a good player but at this point we really don't know.
I like Williams and as far as the RB I'm hoping at least one of them can be a good player for us but I agree that at this point we don't know. I do like Laird and Gaskin if they can get a little help from the guys up front.
I haven’t seen anything from Davis and Deiter to believe they are building blocks. Would they make the Philly OL or Dallas OL? If the answer is NO, then they are backup types, don’t settle for mediocre.
I view them as #6, #7 types on a good OL.
If you settle for mediocre, expect the same, more mediocrity. 8-8. No thanks.

Preston has flashed.. Prince who knows, he wasn’t great at OSU. The entire OL is a dumpster fire.
Grant could be supplemental type scheme player. Wilson and Parker likely trade bait.

On DEF- Godcheaux, Baker, Minkah, Howard, Wilkins. Maybe Van Gink. Maybe R Nemediche.

Back
Top Bottom