Brian Flores: The Morning After..... | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Brian Flores: The Morning After.....

How about "...is the 2nd overall pick and having shown in the previous season that you might actually have the foundation for a decent team in the works....and possess enough draft picks to overwhelm any GM into trading down with you"

No way do you trade up, you use your picks or trade down to accumulate future picks. Overwhelm? That's called getting bent over.

No way do you trade up, you use your picks or trade down to accumulate future picks. Overwhelm? That's called getting bent over.

Disagree if the QB you believe in is there for the taking. Im not saying its Tua, but I am saying a franchise QB is worth more than some extra picks.

Disagree if the QB you believe in is there for the taking. Im not saying its Tua, but I am saying a franchise QB is worth more than some extra picks.

Worthless wins costing on the backend.

And if you have to "overwhelm", you have already lost. Just utterly disagree with your point. Moving up in the 2nd or 3rd I understand, to over pay to jump spots in the TOP 3 would definitely be something Davie is known for....with no success.

A disaster.

Worthless wins costing on the backend.

And if you have to "overwhelm", you have already lost. Just utterly disagree with your point. Moving up in the 2nd or 3rd I understand, to over pay to jump spots in the TOP 3 would definitely be something Davie is known for....with no success.

A disaster.

So we fundamentally disagree. Fair enough. I dont feel overpaying to get a QB that could set a team for the next decade is an issue except with the draft day fans and media, especially if the other suggestion is to intentionally throw games on sunday.

P.Williams going down really hurts this team. But would anyone be surprised if they end up winning 2 more games to finish with a 3-13 record?

Looking at the remaining games we could even win more. Browns, Giants, Jets again and Bengals all winnable. I wouldn't be shocked if we are picking outside of the top 3, which would be a disaster imho but credit to Flores and his staff for getting so much out of a totally unequipped roster.

Looking at the remaining games we could even win more. Browns, Giants, Jets again and Bengals all winnable. I wouldn't be shocked if we are picking outside of the top 3, which would be a disaster imho but credit to Flores and his staff for getting so much out of a totally unequipped roster.

I agree! This young team(players and coaches) have gotten a taste of winning. They're more experienced in the system and they're playing everyday with more confidence and trust in each other. All of that suggest, to me, that they're going to be even more competitive in the final stretches of games.

Certainly that suck for getting the top pick. But isn't that what we all want from out coaching staff and players? That they get better with each challenge?

I'll also say your last point is so critical and it's a shame so many are dismissing it. I don't know if it's a true indication long term of this coaching staff and it's abilities. But your not supposed to still compete with almost no talent on your roster, the guys aren't supposed still play hard even tho they're 0-forever. Honestly, it's amazing and speaks volumes about the current makeup of this coaching staff.

If this stuff translates into next year with even better talent then we could be in store for a more competitive team, winning games, sooner, rather than later.

So we fundamentally disagree. Fair enough. I dont feel overpaying to get a QB that could set a team for the next decade is an issue except with the draft day fans and media, especially if the other suggestion is to intentionally throw games on sunday.

The draft day fans comment was cute. Not needed, but cute.

If the Jets end up with the 1st pick, giving them a haul to "overwhelm" them would be something the Fins would do, and many here would appreciate. Nothing like setting up your division foe with multiple 1s and 2s to move up 2 spots.

If the Fitzmagic continues, this team will win 3 games, pushing us out of the top 4 picks easily. If if the Fitzpatrick is inconsistent, I could still see us winning 1 more game given our remaining schedule. This team believes in Fitzpatrick and fights for him

For us to not win anymore games would require Rosen at the helm.

The draft day fans comment was cute. Not needed, but cute.

If the Jets end up with the 1st pick, giving them a haul to "overwhelm" them would be something the Fins would do, and many here would appreciate. Nothing like setting up your division foe with multiple 1s and 2s to move up 2 spots.

I wasnt trying to be cute, my point is i'm not worried about looking good, i want the GM to go get a QB he believes in despite general consensus about draft pick value and all that. Agreed we have made some bad draft day trades in the past for defensive ends and such. For a 1st round QB, not so much. Would the Chiefs trade Mahomes for three 1st round picks? Doubt it, and I think they would be dumb to do it. They also made the trade on draft day to go up and get the guy they believed in in Mahomes case.

Back
Top Bottom