Brian Flores won't accept sloppy football when football returns | Page 3 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Brian Flores won't accept sloppy football when football returns

The rookie offensive lineman are going to be spending a lot of time at the TNT wall. My belief is keeping penalties down will be the key to being competitive this year.

Yea, but every coach can't execute it. Flores did in year one with 46 undrafted rookies.

Penalty Yards Per Game
2015 - 27th
2016 - 30th
2017 - 31st
2018 - 25th
2019 - 5th
This was huge last year and a major reason why we won 5 games despite a crap roster. Philbin and Gase has stupid teams. Or didn’t know how to coach the stupidity out of the players. Flores did execute it and it was refreshing. Sometimes these amount to 100 yard swings in games. Think about the impact. This is one of the reasons Don Shula (and BB today) always had good records. They got their players to play smart. You pull this off and you can “steal” games from better opponents. I’m looking forward to fewer flags again this year.

With how many players we had that we signed mid week and came in and stepped in to play, I could see us having one of the smoother transitions in the league to a virtual/quick offseason.

Teams like the Ravens and Chiefs have an obvious advantage due to continuity, success, and harder to tackle QB's, but I think for the teams we will be comparing ourselves to this year we are in a great spot.

It's the first time in a very very long time that I can say that I would rather be us than the Patriots right now.

Back
Top Bottom