Brian Flores | Page 6 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Brian Flores

Look what we got for the marginal players we let go. Look at the cap space. We are better off losing bad now getting a few high draft picks and smart spending in free agency then the **** we been doing. If you can’t see that then I can’t help you

Jay Gruden? Is that serious? No, no thanks to Jay Gruden. No effing thanks. You may argue that ownership and front office played a large part in his failure in Washington, but we have poor ownership and a trashbag front office here, too. If he couldn't do it there, why think he can do it here?

Here's the thing with Flores: He was basically hired without any qualifications because he was cheap and he was willing to take the job, and maybe because he's a friend of the Grier family. He had nothing on his resume that said he should become an NFL head coach this off-season. Heck, he had a giant red flag on that resume with the whole Belichick assistant thing. Now the team that he got hired to coach is perhaps among the worst in NFL history six weeks into the season.

Not sure what anyone expected. What I do know is that every time this coaching staff looks dazed and confused, every time this team gets shellacked by even marginal football teams (like Dallas and the Chargers) and even when it loses to the pitiful Redskins, you gotta ask yourself if you have any confidence in this group going forward. If this team finishes with the #1 overall pick and Tua declares for the NFL draft, do you want to trust him to Chad O'Shea?

I sure as **** don't.
He has held every position you can have in an organization but head coach. He had more experience than some of the new hire coaches the last few years. Give him a fair chance

I’ll give Flores the same chance I am giving Rosen. You have 11 games to show me why I should hand you the keys to the kingdom. Otherwise, I’m looking to upgrade. So far, upgrades look in order. But they have 11 games. If you want to pull out the contract or “being in on the tank,” which applies to both really, I still don’t see why you wouldn’t upgrade if a clear upgrade were available.

Curious question to those who want to keep Flores no matter what because he “deserves a shot with better talent,” even if better coaching options are available: does that apply to Rosen, too? If not, why not?

Jay Gruden? Is that serious? No, no thanks to Jay Gruden. No effing thanks. You may argue that ownership and front office played a large part in his failure in Washington, but we have poor ownership and a trashbag front office here, too. If he couldn't do it there, why think he can do it here?

Here's the thing with Flores: He was basically hired without any qualifications because he was cheap and he was willing to take the job, and maybe because he's a friend of the Grier family. He had nothing on his resume that said he should become an NFL head coach this off-season. Heck, he had a giant red flag on that resume with the whole Belichick assistant thing. Now the team that he got hired to coach is perhaps among the worst in NFL history six weeks into the season.

Not sure what anyone expected. What I do know is that every time this coaching staff looks dazed and confused, every time this team gets shellacked by even marginal football teams (like Dallas and the Chargers) and even when it loses to the pitiful Redskins, you gotta ask yourself if you have any confidence in this group going forward. If this team finishes with the #1 overall pick and Tua declares for the NFL draft, do you want to trust him to Chad O'Shea?

I sure as **** don't.

Losing to marginal teams with a try out team, is the bridge to far? What in the world have we been doing the past 2 decades with a team meant to win?

Everyone has the best opinion in optimal situations. This team has virtually little talent and anyone who knows football could see that this was a disaster year. Flores May or may not be right guy but he deserves more than this year. And believe it or not there have been good moments albeit very few. I think he gets at least two-three.

Everyone has the best opinion in optimal situations. This team has virtually little talent and anyone who knows football could see that this was a disaster year. Flores May or may not be right guy but he deserves more than this year. And believe it or not there have been good moments albeit very few. I think he gets at least two-three.

Why does he deserve more than one year?
For atrocious coaching and decision-making??

Why does he deserve more than one year?
For atrocious coaching and decision-making??
They have been competitive since the Dallas game. This is not an NFL roster.

I heard on 3 yards per carry podcast that an unnamed league executive estimated there are 21 NFL players on the Dolphins roster. Not pro bowlers, not starters, just players that belong in the league.

I heard on 3 yards per carry podcast that an unnamed league executive estimated there are 21 NFL players on the Dolphins roster. Not pro bowlers, not starters, just players that belong in the league.
This. Exactly. People expecting Flores to look like the second coming of Belicheat or Lombardi were setting themselves up for this. I don't know if he was all in on the trades or not, but you could put many competent coaches on this team and they'd look pretty average or below. No one is saying that Flores already great, but to say after this year he should be fired is....just an opinion I guess.

Why not much more of Drake?
Why not seeing with your own eyes your OL BLOWS and adjust playcalling accordingly?
Why never challenge?
I see nothing that indicates good coaching
Camerons teams were competitive...should have kept him

Competitive? They got blown out by the Chargers who just got blanked by a near winless Steelers team on their 3rd string QB. And they just lost a game to a winless team who just fired their coach and who would end up with the #1 overall pick if not for the Dolphins.

Yes, this roster is trash, but the way people are giving this coaching staff a complete pass on this season as if it doesnt even count is annoying. If people didn't actually WANT this team to lose this year, they would be blasting this coaching staff for some of the poor play calls and decisions they've made.

Can you imagine the reaction to the behind the LOS call to Drake in the 2pt conversion if it was a game fans actually wanted to win? It was a Philbinesque call.

Why not much more of Drake?
Why not seeing with your own eyes your OL BLOWS and adjust playcalling accordingly?
Why never challenge?
I see nothing that indicates good coaching
Camerons teams were competitive...should have kept him
Is this revisionist history? Cam's teams competitive? LOL. Let's see:
1. Drake? - What has he done to make you think he's remotely better than Walton? You can't follow your assignments and think every play is going to be a big hitter.
2. Challenge: I agree, but as a rookie coach, Flores has to know when to say when. Perhaps if Caldwell were around he could help him with stuff like that. Again however, 1st Year Head Coach.
3. This "team" has looked competitive minus the second halves of most all of the games. Washington stinks, but I think there has been incremental progress.
Look at the "talent" on this team and tell me where you think another coach would make this team a .250 winning percentage team. What are you not seeing with your own eyes about this collection of players?

Flores doesn't deserve a pass, but he also doesn't deserve 100% of the blame.

Back
Top Bottom