Brian Flores | Page 7 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Brian Flores

I wouldn't be surprised if his IQ was right around 100, give or take just a few points.

I mean that they were not proper coordinators, but assistant this and that roles.
You don’t become a coordinator or coach with out doing a little of this and a little of that.
Every coach and coordinator has worked there way up the ladder doing these things.

3. This "team" has looked competitive minus the second halves of most all of the games. Washington stinks, but I think there has been incremental progress.
Look at the "talent" on this team and tell me where you think another coach would make this team a .250 winning percentage team. What are you not seeing with your own eyes about this collection of players?

When the NFL starts playing 30 minute games, get back to me.

Grier needs to go. I have zero faith in him building our team through the draft or any other way.
Why? He's the guy who has traded successfully to build the massive Draft capital that will set us up for the future. He deserves the opportunity to be able to spend it in the future. This is all about delayed gratification.

Why not much more of Drake? Because Walton has outperformed him and it's not even close. I mean, you watched the 2 point conversion attempt as an example, right?
Why not seeing with your own eyes your OL BLOWS and adjust playcalling accordingly? They threw so many screens I lost count. They very clearly... and I'm sorry if you weren't paying attention... adjusted playcalling.
Why never challenge? Challenge for what? There were no egregious calls that deserved to be challenged. Do you want him to just throw the flag for the hell of it?
I see nothing that indicates good coaching. After the first two games I would have agreed with you, but this roster has no business being in these games lately and yet here they are. He called a fake punt that kept a drive alive. He went for it on 4th down. He had a surprise onside kick. He went for 2 for the win. All those decisions were good ones.
Camerons teams were competitive...should have kept him. He lost the locker room which in 100% of cases means you're gone.
I mean, you sound like a ranting child here. Most of these complaints don't even make sense.

And when this team has a collection of NFL caliber players, get back to me.

I had said that in another thread previously- the team is devoid of talent- worst in the league by a good margin.

Do people realize the talent difference on the Redskins DL for instance?

We aren’t even ‘average’ at any position outside X and the placekicker..

Competitive? They got blown out by the Chargers who just got blanked by a near winless Steelers team on their 3rd string QB. And they just lost a game to a winless team who just fired their coach and who would end up with the #1 overall pick if not for the Dolphins.

Yes, this roster is trash, but the way people are giving this coaching staff a complete pass on this season as if it doesnt even count is annoying. If people didn't actually WANT this team to lose this year, they would be blasting this coaching staff for some of the poor play calls and decisions they've made.

Can you imagine the reaction to the behind the LOS call to Drake in the 2pt conversion if it was a game fans actually wanted to win? It was a Philbinesque call.
Dont do the transitive properties thing with the Chargers and Steelers or whoever else, none of that stuff applies to this team with this roster. Once again, this is largely not an NFL roster and the staff (which incidentally is brand new and should be given room to grow), cannot be expected to succeed with it.

That said, yes the Dolphins were competitive with LA. It was a 4 point game at the half and a TD game going into the 4th quarter. How is that not competitive?

If anything, I'd say these games are largely competitive bc teams have zero respect for this Dolphins roster and are treating the games like a scrimmage, trying different things.

You don’t become a coordinator or coach with out doing a little of this and a little of that.
Every coach and coordinator has worked there way up the ladder doing these things.
I guess my point is they didn’t make it to coordinator and yet they all jumped to HC.

I guess my point is they didn’t make it to coordinator and yet they all jumped to HC.
Gase was the offensive coordinator with the broncos and bears and Flo was defensive coordinator for a year in NE. maybe not by title,
but no doubt he was. Philbin we just about begged to coach this team because nobody wanted the job

People who think Brian Flores was ever a head coach or coordinator in college or pro football before being plucked from the air to take this job.

Well, he's got head coaching experience now.
you know at least he went for the win and was aggressive. look at the chargers last night with their talent level and expectstions. They opted gor 2 field goals down 3 scores never improving their odds to actually win that game. That's with a coach who has playoff experience and a very good QB.

I wouldn't say Flores doesn t get it but obviously Mike gravel has also made those calls and then also been super conservative so there is a flip side to that coin

What Jay Gruden talk are we talking about. I haven't read anything about Jay Gruden and Miami. Can someone please elaborate?

Goal is the 1st overall pick in that sense Flores is coming up all aces.

I think we are seeing some player improvement development which is really what this season is about team wise nothing else.

Thats what you keep your eyes on this season.

Back
Top Bottom